Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #11
noddub62
Budman

confused ???

Bill,

Why did you use line 4 as it was not a comparable race due to the track being listed as good.

Just curious? Or am I confused about comparable.

Hope is going well with you.

Bud
noddub62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #12
Bill V.
The egg man

Bud

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddub62 View Post
Bill,

Why did you use line 4 as it was not a comparable race due to the track being listed as good.

Just curious? Or am I confused about comparable.

Hope is going well with you.

Bud
It is just a feeling that it is a correct call

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #13
gl45
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
It is just a feeling that it is a correct call

Bill
that is the difference between good and average handicapper. Knowing when to bent the rules.
gl45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #14
noddub62
Budman

Smile

Bill & GL,

I'll buy that.

Thanks,
noddub62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #15
Rodz
Maiden

Hello Ted, on your ratings, wouldn't the 6 have gone in as Price Only?
Rod
Rodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #16
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodz View Post
Hello Ted, on your ratings, wouldn't the 6 have gone in as Price Only?
Rod

Name:  MNR0320-8.png
Views: 539
Size:  46.2 KB

Rodz,

Just focusing on the NewPace analysis in this race (and then, just the Adjusted SR set), if you let the 6 in as a 3rd Late due to Price Only (the #6 is ranked 3rd Late and separated from the 2nd Late #5 by only 1 point - we sort Late by the SR low), then you also have to consider the #3 horse in as a 3rd Early on Price Only (because it was tied with the 2nd Early #2) and at 18-1 was also well above natural odds.

If so, easy enough to throw out the #3, even only using CompSR. Now you have 5 horses. How to get that down to 3 for a reasonable betting situation? Again - using NewPace concepts - we've got a great analysis by Bill V using straight-up RDSS/Sartin.

How would you do it?

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #17
gl45
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Attachment 26654

Rodz,

Just focusing on the NewPace analysis in this race (and then, just the Adjusted SR set), if you let the 6 in as a 3rd Late due to Price Only (the #6 is ranked 3rd Late and separated from the 2nd Late #5 by only 1 point - we sort Late by the SR low), then you also have to consider the #3 horse in as a 3rd Early on Price Only (because it was tied with the 2nd Early #2) and at 18-1 was also well above natural odds.

If so, easy enough to throw out the #3, even only using CompSR. Now you have 5 horses. How to get that down to 3 for a reasonable betting situation? Again - using NewPace concepts - we've got a great analysis by Bill V using straight-up RDSS/Sartin.

How would you do it?

Ted
Ted,
I think the problem is....do I choose Raw TM ratings or Adjusted TM rating. If somebody has a decision model of the two ratings, then would be easy to find out which rating is the most profitable.
gl45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:07 AM   #18
sureshotlink
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl45 View Post
Ted,
I think the problem is....do I choose Raw TM ratings or Adjusted TM rating. If somebody has a decision model of the two ratings, then would be easy to find out which rating is the most profitable.

In my daily play the only time i look at raw ratings is for a line that is being extracted or projected.The equalized,normalized @ adjusted rating tells me everything i need to know.Work's done for you why mess with it.Doc's par gap formulae is good as any out there.

Success To All!
sureshotlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #19
Rodz
Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Attachment 26654

Rodz,

How would you do it?

Ted
Hi Ted, from my understanding of the method, if you have chosen 7 and 2 Early; 1 and 3 could potentially be Early Price Only.
The 4 goes in Late and a choice has to be made between the 5 and 6 for second Late horse, with the
horse not chosen going in Late Price Only.
In this case if the 6 was not chosen Late it would definitely be backed Price Only.
How the other contenders, potentially 6 of the 8 runners, were bet would be down to betting preferences.
As the favourite isn’t dominating the others, the 1 or 3 could be backed along with the 2 and 6. In other circumstances the 7 may be backed on its own or with the longshots.

I don’t use NewPace the way it was originally set out but I like some of the ideas and find it useful for sorting out contenders.

Like you I was intrigued by the 'confidence range' ideas in the book ('How to Measure Anything' by Doug Hubbard). I think there is more potential research there.

I’m a bit of a lurker on the site. There are some brilliant posters. I probably spend most time in the MatchUp thread; couldn’t be much more different to NewPace!

I think RDSS looks like an excellent program and one day (when I’ve grown up?) I hope to try it out.
Well done Ted on RDSS and this site.
The posters are so knowledgeable and usually very positive and helpful.
Best wishes, Rod.
Rodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #20
mikesal57
Grade 1

Ted...

Just ran across this...

In using Trackmaster 100 DTV setting....it would averted/lessen any decisions...
Attached Images

Last edited by mikesal57; 04-13-2012 at 11:52 AM.
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote