Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Old 03-03-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
Nets
Grade 2

No Philly again

Youbet.com Flash Message - Tue Mar 3 10:43:51 CST 2009
Philadelphia Park has canceled racing due to weather conditions.
Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
mikesal57
Grade 1

wells theres Tampa..

race 3 .....who is really going to give the 9 a fight to the quarter or even the half???

#9 to win..

mike
Old 03-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #3
mikesal57
Grade 1

how do u define a quitter??
Old 03-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
reckless
Grade 1

Philly cancelling on Wed.

I am writing from beautiful, bucolic Bucks Co., Pa., just 12 miles from Bensalem's Philly Park Racino.

The weather, while chilly, is very sunny and not windy at all. I give you this report because Philly Park cancelled today because of what they are -- the ****tiest racetrack management company in racing.

Before slots, before phone bet and definitely before simulcasting, this track would NEVER have cancelled today since the weather is nice, yet cold, but far from being inclement

This same ****ty management makes the live racing experience very horrible for the live racing patron. I have been told repeatedly that management dreams of the day when all bets are made via PhoneBet and thru their computer hub and not on site. I actually heard this numerous times over the years. Their day-to-day actions give credence to this seemingly silly notion.

Well they want us to wager via PhoneBet, yet they let go a number of telephone clerks. On Saturdays you better call your bets in early or risk never speaking with a teller.

They also want us to bet via the computer on their web site, but all too often when you click the wager button, the page freezes and just hangs there. And, if you are also silly enough to bet with 1-2 minites of post or closer you NEVER know if your bet gets in.

This has happened to me twice: once, when my pick won, I got a notice that due to technical difficulties my bet wasn't processed. The other time, in an exact sililar situation, but my horse lost, the bet was taken, despite that web page still in 'hanging' mode when the race went off. If I didn't know this cesspool as well as I do I'd have just laughed it off as bad luck, but these SOBs are as dirty as the day is long.

One more thing about their web site, today and all the other times Phila Park cancelled racing, it has yet to be posted on their web site. On one hand they want your computer business but they still care so little about the bettor that they keep the patrons in the dark on days like today. Their own web site hasn't posted that live racing is cancelled. But, don't worry, post time for Sunland Park is 5 p.m.

So, when I say that Phila Park is the absolute worst Race Track in the world, I am really not exaggerating. Plus, the racing office and corrupt manner business is conducted there makes Phila Park the laughing stock of the racing game, high, slots-generated purses nothwithstanding.

Thanks for putting up with my venting. Philly Park--I HATE the place!!

reckless
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
mikesal57
Grade 1

hey RECK...go ahead and vent.....hope it helps...lol

try twinspires , a lot of guys use it and i got bets in while sometimes loading in the gate
Old 03-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #6
JLG
Grade 1

tvg and youbet are also options.
JLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #7
clore1030
Grade 1

Tim Y once did a post on tracks closing a day or two after inclement weather in the winter.

As I recall, while it may appear sunny outside, the problem is with the way tracks drain and the water below the surface remaining frozen. This creates a hazardous surface.

Maybe Tim can elaborate on this. I'd rather they be cautious for the safety of riders and horses and close the track than risk injuries or worse.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #8
clore1030
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by clore1030 View Post
I'd rather they be cautious for the safety of riders and horses and close the track than risk injuries or worse.
After what I just saw in the second race at AQU, maybe they should have canceled today's card.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote