Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 12-14-2016, 12:33 PM   #1
kahunab
Grade 2

My Races

Hi Ted,
When I sort the races for my desired criteria, the panel on the left lists them by track. Is it possible to list them by post time? A little thing but would make it easier to keep track of what is coming up next. Love the program it is really working well for me....

Thanks so much,

Dick

'Something magical happens when you bring together a group of people from different disciplines with a common purpose.' Mark Stefik Palo Alto Research Centre Fellow
kahunab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:02 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Hi Dick, glad to hear this version is working well for you, and thanks for the question. The answer is not special to RDSS 2.1 - it is the same for the current public version:

1. simply invoke the Sort/Filter mechanism, by checking the checkbox to the left of Scratches/Changes circled in red upper left (maybe I should label that better ...)
2. this activates the dropdown sort/filter arrows above certain columns, including Post Time (and Track, Distance, Surface, Type, etc)
3. click that particular arrow to get the Sort/Filter Dialog shown and sort by Earliest to Latest Post Times, per the example. (You could also try working with the Time Filters options on that Dialog, if you like). Click OK to perform the Sort.
4. Your races - including the races displayed in the left-sidebar - are sorted by Post Time.

Note that this works best when the tracks are all in the same Time Zone. I have not yet deployed the time zone normalization settings so each track's races times are shown relative to YOUR own time zone. Thus sorting Aqueduct on the east with Santa Anita on the west coasts would not sort correctly. A coming attraction ... (for several years now )

Try playing with other sort/filter options for the other columns. The collection of pre-fab sort/filters in the My Races Sidebar are nothing more than saved settings resulting from just the kind of actions described above. It has been my intention to make this pre-fab collection user-interactive (rather than canned), but I just never got around to it.

Name:  Myraces.sort.filter.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  298.7 KB

Hope that helps! In your email you mentioned some success using the new CR+ Class rating along with the Rx rating and auto paceline selection. Anything you'd care to share with us all!?

All the best,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:39 PM   #3
kahunab
Grade 2

Ted, thank you for the information. I never knew that sort function was there. I probably just missed it. That will work great as I think Twin Spires always lists start times as eastern. I will also try to write up my day yesterday and post it here. Thanks for all your help,

Dick

'Something magical happens when you bring together a group of people from different disciplines with a common purpose.' Mark Stefik Palo Alto Research Centre Fellow
kahunab is offline   Reply With Quote