Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 10-09-2006, 11:20 PM   #11
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

How did this horse win Mr. Bradshaw

Wander Time is a need-to-lead horse. To win, his past performance shows he must "break" no less 2nd out the gate, get the lead at the first call and then go wire-to-wire. Way to the Top will get the lead, Wander should be dead. Is this horse a "default" winner? How did this horse win the race? Thanks
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw
Old 10-10-2006, 12:35 PM   #12
THE HAT
Grade 2

Here is some Voodoo for you.

Here is the way I would match this race:
New York Token is an Early horse and should take the lead in 22
Way To The Top is an Early horse and should be second.
Wander Time is Early, but has three lines showing were he can Press. His break position also shows that
he can pass horses. (Look at the third line.). I used his second line back and have him third behind the two front runners.

The 5, & 7 horses are sustained and shows nothing is their recent races. They are eliminated from the
race. Skip Fighter is a Sustained Presser and should be fifth, which eliminates him from win contention.

We are left with three horses up front. Wander Time is in third position, but will move to second position, as the two Early horse kill each other Early, I don’t believe the half mile will be run in a 44.4, because the fight for the lead in the first call. I give Wander Time a 109.4. from the six furlong time of his six and one half furlong race. This makes him faster at the final time and has a chance to win the race.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:12 PM   #13
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Thumbs up Thanks for MatchUp insight into Pace Analysis, Mr. Bradshaw

Wow, Absolutely Unbelievable!!! That was excellent "Voodoo" Mr. Bradshaw. This is the kind of race that makes me wonder why I am not progressing with the MatchUp. You gave this NEED-TO-LEAD horse a "shot" because he Pressed 3 times and was in the money each time.....so are you saying to "look" for this ability in wire to wire winners and that this type of horse shows he can press, stay up close, and/or passing horses, be "in the money" at the end, with, of course, the right fractions? This looks like one of those races where you can predict or "Voodoo" when a horse is gonna change his style. Many Thanks again, I'll be practicing hard and studying on this insight.
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw