Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 02-15-2010, 01:21 AM   #1
stormbringer
Grade 1

Model help

Could someone please point my in the right section of pace and cap that defines what i have modeled. example Primary factor perceptor % in my epr I get 0,12,3.3,3.3,0 and 12.6. I watched Richie example flim it help.
Thanks for any help
Old 02-15-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
barb craven
Grade 1

Not sure what you are looking at Storm. Is this going down the column for each race?
Old 02-15-2010, 11:27 PM   #3
stormbringer
Grade 1

Help 2

Yes this is one column i matched it up . At a mile at the track i am playing the f1 "pace of the race" and f1 "pace of the horse" i had 4
1,2,or 3 in the ranking 4 times out of 9 so i bet an execta and hit for 88.80 i had it 2 times. Not as goods aS the pros on here . But a start i still would like to know what info it pick up as i have only copyed the winner from the bl/bl . Where is myinfo comming from? Must go the cat is crying. Thank you for help. You are as nice as your son. Cold storm
also i started using numbers09 from iworks to do models it works great and is easy to use. but you have to have a mac.

Last edited by stormbringer; 02-15-2010 at 11:34 PM. Reason: can not spell
Old 02-16-2010, 06:29 AM   #4
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
i still would like to know what info it pick up as i have only copied the winner from the bl/bl . Where is my info coming from?
Morning Storm
OK when you click that "export to excel" tab on the Bl/Bl screen it is taking ALL the info from the various screens and making it available for you to paste into your excel spreadsheet to track.

It's only one click but you are getting a whole lot of info as you see
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2010, 07:15 AM   #5
barb craven
Grade 1

Morning Storm. Congratulations on the exacta wins. and thank you for the compliment.
How many races do you have in your model. I find the more races I add (and I only put in wins) the more those readouts change. Rich's right, all your info is exported. Look at some of the other readouts and see how they rank 1,2,or 3. I have one track that the VDC is the one to look at and another that is BL/BL. Hope this helps.

Barb
Old 02-16-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
alydar_ David
Grade 1

Good morning, folks.

The following may prove illustrative.

This race is from Gulfstream Park. It's the third race on Saturday, January 30, 2010 -- an 8F $75,000 Maiden Claiming event for 3YO Fillies on the turf. Not one of the most reliable races to bet, but then again these can be quite lucrative. Let's see what happened.

These were lightly raced youngsters. Paceline selection was practically automatic as there weren't a lot of races to choose from.

Here is my BL/BL screen for the race:
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2010, 10:52 AM   #7
alydar_ David
Grade 1

I tend to bet the top BL/BL horse at reasonable odds, then snoop around for the second win bet.

At this point in time Gulfstream had been open for less than a week.

So, my model didn't contain a lot of races. However, I did have enough to go by. My model indicated that 75% of the past winners for this type of race were ranked first of second in POR Velocities: Total Energy, SC and TS.

Notice this ranking is for POR -- Pace of Race. Not Pace of Horse.

You'll note that only two horses in this race fit the model: #4 and #6.
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #8
alydar_ David
Grade 1

Since #4 was my top horse anyway, that left only #6 to consider.

I bet #4 and win and #6 to win, place and show.

I used both of them in the exotics.

There was some serious money to be made in this ugly race and I had no qualms about taking it. After all, I'd done my due diligence.
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2010, 11:49 AM   #9
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydar_David View Post
Since #4 was my top horse anyway, that left only #6 to consider.

I bet #4 and win and #6 to win, place and show.

I used both of them in the exotics.

There was some serious money to be made in this ugly race and I had no qualms about taking it. After all, I'd done my due diligence.
This coming from a proven contest winner and professional level capper and player. He did his "due diligence"

Thanks David for the inspiration to work hard!
Old 02-17-2010, 11:23 AM   #10
chris
Grade 1

POR/POH Screen

Creative use of the POR screen; Do look at it when reviewing final selections but have always required some support in the B/L V/DC screen before taking it seriously. But in the race you described, lightly raced M75 on the turf, where form and class arn't a settled matter, a non-traditional approach can lead to serious money!

Thanks for opening the door a little wider.

Chris