Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 01-23-2009, 10:25 PM   #11
shoeless
Grade 1

I have had the pleasure to speak with Jim Lehane and besides being one of the nicest guys you want to talk to he is also a very astute handicapper.I really have not heard of many people who have gotten his book and has been disappointed with it.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:43 PM   #12
tom
Grade 1

Jeff....
Jim is one of the sharpest guys I know - he is a good writer, too. He uses many of the same concepts that Tim rambles on and on about (Pace/Pace) to evaluate how horses distribute their energy. Last thing I would call his work is a short cut. A lot of his ideas translate very well to velocity type programs.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:57 AM   #13
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

Bill, Hope this is OK

A Top Class bit of writing and thinking imho

The Dynamics of Incremental Velocity and Energy Exertion - Page 1
Attached Images

Last edited by Charlie D; 01-24-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:06 AM   #14
Bill V.
The egg man

More than

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D View Post
Bill, Hope this is OK

Charlie, Its perfect

Bill

Last edited by Bill V.; 01-24-2009 at 07:29 AM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:19 AM   #15
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
I have had the pleasure to speak with Jim Lehane and besides being one of the nicest guys you want to talk to he is also a very astute handicapper.I really have not heard of many people who have gotten his book and has been disappointed with it.
Calibration Handicapping is a complete A-Z methodology written by a fantastic human being. His ideas are contrarian and he covers in detail things such as value finding and wager construction.

Like Jeff, Tom and others I would recommend it HIGHLY to anyone asking.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:56 PM   #16
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D View Post

There it is.

Thats why there'll NEVER be another Doc.

A TRUE MAESTRO of various instruments and orchestration.

Who but Doc could take Brohamer, Bradshaw, Ainsle, Quirin, use their concepts, apply and/or improve their application, AND have them all on board?

Who else could blend together such diversity in methods and applications, then blend them to a methodology for the average user?

The Sartin Methodology is like the Phil Harmonic Orchestra.....something for everyone....if you like violins, then listen and only focus on the violins.

He could talk like Brohamer and get into stats and trainers all the while getting the best out of that endeavor, or he could get down and dirty like THE HAT.

He will encompass anything that brought consistant results, day in, day out.

This guy could , in one conversation, talk about track surfaces, then talk about Phase 1 or talk about UltraScan...., he could basically fit into whatever methodology the user comprehends and get the best out of that user's chosen plan of attack.

Remarkable.

Intellectually agile,flexible, timely, all the while getting the best experience and results for both inquirer and host.

A TRUE intellectual virtuoso.

An uncanny ability and almost PERFECT balance of Art and Science...most have one or more of the other.

Interpretation of mainstream concepts and to test them in such a manner as to have them user friendly to average handicappers application bringing in consistant profitable results well beyond mainstream reality and imagination only spells out TRUE intellectual humility.

Average user "problems" and hurdles only LED to more advanced concepts,programs and usage.

And thats why the Sartin Methodology has been the real pioneer, in truth, to winning results.

Quick to shuck mainstream concepts/methods that the average user could'nt make work consistantly, which is why mainstream authorities never will give the Sartin Methodology the adulation and respect it deserves.

They'll watch, learn, lay in the shadows, steal, copy, imitate, all in silence.

Doc always gave credit to mainstream authors, hardly ever the reverse is true.

NEVER afraid to steer a persons in the direction of a book by mainstream authors, if he felt it could help them win.

Even when some mainstreamers steer inquirer toward Doc, its mentioned "under-the-breath" with the speed and passion of a disclaimer at the end of car commercials.

Like a quick flash of a second and a half of about 400+ words of disclaimers and fine print at the end of a car or pharmaceutical commercial.

The closest they'll recommend is Brohamer, they consider him one of them because he never writes in a style as to "challenge" mainstream anecedotes and maxims.

They at best , whisper or belch out "Sartin", once, in passing.

VoodooFan

Last edited by VoodooFan; 01-24-2009 at 07:03 PM. Reason: additional words
VoodooFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:05 PM   #17
uncleroughy
AlwNW3X

A wonderful tribute by Voodoo Fan to a GREAT MAN, our DOC.
uncleroughy is offline   Reply With Quote