Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 07-24-2008, 08:10 AM   #11
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Bill, thank you for your kind words, you are very generous!

Jon, you never know what will end up in your browser trolling the net. An 'ashram' is a spritual retreat in eastern cultures, similar to a monastery in some western cultures. Sometimes, just a plain ole' cult... Anyway, one thing I think I learned is (aside from true ascetic types), and not excepting one's regular place of worship, one conducts one's 'spiritual' life day by day, on the streets, on the shop floor, at your kids' baseball diamond, in the boardroom and bedroom - or not at all.

Pino, John, I always favoured e4 openings, after my childhood hero Bobby Fischer. I remember one (typical) 1940's put-down of the eccentric Aaron Nimzovitch by the sociopathic world champion Alekhine: 'On the one hand, there is no hyper-modern school of chess; on the other hand, Nimzovitch is its leader'.

David, alas I never picked up backgammon, though a couple play it regularly down the street at my local coffee shop. Perhaps in my spare time...

Jim, a rollout in LA was a reference to my secret plan to complete RDSS V1.0 in time for the Breeders Cup, which I hope to attend this autumn. Perhaps a small party, a few ads, widen the circle a few radians. (I just need to get my next update to stop crashing).

The invitation to a coffee and interview by my writer friend Paula surprised me, but little bios like this about interesting local characters appear weekly in our local newspaper. Often, you actually never know how odd or fascinating some people are whom you pass on the street everyday.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:10 PM   #12
uncleroughy
AlwNW3X

Great to read your bio and confirm your talent and wisdom so extensive for a young man. The old man congratulates you (am I your oldest client at 86?).
uncleroughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:00 PM   #13
jms62
Grade 1

Great article on Ted a true class act!!
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote