Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 01-27-2009, 04:07 PM   #11
thelyingthief
Grade 2

two cents worth

you really neednt use an installation disk: i have the matchup program, and it is composed of two executable files, BRUN30.exe and a MATCH.exe. Copy those files to a memory stick, manually create a matchup folder in the programs file, or anywhere else that pleases you, paste your executables, create a shortcut, and voila, the matchup. you will need dosprn to run your printer.

i would seriously recommend tamedos to you: this program reduces the load on your cpu (running a dos program in vista exceeds 50% total cpu capacity on average, with spikes up to 100% fairly common); it also manages dos' peculiar memory and graphics requirements without a hitch. i believe it costs 15 bucks.

tlt
thelyingthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #12
rtnwin
AlwNW1X

Thanks for all of the advice. Sorry it took me so long to respond. Unfortunately, to quote the Stones “nothing I do seems to work”. Perhaps the 3.5” discs are corrupted. Anyway I appreciate the effort.
rtnwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:50 PM   #13
rtnwin
AlwNW1X

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelyingthief View Post
you really neednt use an installation disk: i have the matchup program, and it is composed of two executable files, BRUN30.exe and a MATCH.exe. Copy those files to a memory stick, manually create a matchup folder in the programs file, or anywhere else that pleases you, paste your executables, create a shortcut, and voila, the matchup. you will need dosprn to run your printer.
This option won't work for me because I did not save the files from my old computer. The current files are compressed on 3.5" floppys and they won't install. Thanks anyway.
rtnwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:08 AM   #14
RichieP
Grade 1

Respect

In the FUTURE guys can we move ALL discussions/help regarding ANY software out of the Hat Check area out of respect to Jim.

Searching HIS posts you will see he had NO use for software and didn't want it in this area including HIS stuff ok?

Last edited by RichieP; 02-13-2009 at 12:02 PM.
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:01 PM   #15
RichieP
Grade 1

Thank you so much Bill for moving the thread over here! If I messed with it probably wind up in the Twilight Zone with it being Friday 13th and all

You are the best bud!