Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Old 08-11-2016, 10:56 PM   #11
Latekick
Grade 1

After day 2 it looks like,

Record: 2-4
Amount wagered: $8
Amount returned $19.40
Latekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:32 AM   #12
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latekick View Post
After day 2 it looks like,

Amount wagered: $8
Amount returned $19.40
Don’t you mean...

Amount Wagered: $16
Amount Returned: $19.40

A few points...

- It would have been a good idea to outline how you’re betting these selections, if your cut-off is 2/1 on your selections, than that should have been mentioned at the start of the thread. If one of your selections drops below 2/1, than your 3rd contender shall take it’s place, and so on....

- If you’re going to add fictitious bets to your results, then this whole thread is pointless. The 4 was never mentioned in your Canterbury write-up, don’t give someone like me the reason to say “WTF?”, own your losses.

- It is not unreasonable to change your mind minutes before post time, try and post those changes before the break.

- Good luck the rest of the way.
Hoof 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:37 AM   #13
Latekick
Grade 1

Day 3 August 12th

The two races today will be Saratoga 2nd, and Saratoga 9th

Saratoga 2:
A bottom level claimer with a vunrable favorite i believe. This is a race that will come down to the odds board for me. My top three are as they read on my readouts, #1 SILVER, #3 VALKIM, and #5 CHICKA.
For contest play i will be playing either the #1, or #3. With 1 min to post i will decide my top two to play with cash. This race is filled with early energy horses so either one of them is going to run the others off of their feet, or #3 VALKIM will be there to pick up the pieces after sitting off of a hot pace.

Contenders: 1-3-5
Top Two: Based on odds at post

Saratoga 9: The Tale Of A Cat stakes looks as though it may produce a price, as have just about every feature race at Saratoga so far. #3 EASY is ranked first on the BLBL coming off of a sharp win. He uses his energy a bit on the early side but he has the readouts to back up a horse who will be able to run with these. 20/1 ML and anything near that is a definite play.

Next is #11 DADS, what worries me is that he likes to be near the lead, but his EPR rating is 4th against these. What i am hoping for is that he can rate off the pace and finish well being that his late ratings rank well against this field. At 3/1 ml its tough to take a shorter price on this horse, but i will take him at over 3/1. If he drops to 2/1 or lower, i will easily be able to hide this horse and fill in my 3rd contender.

Contenders: 3-4-11
Top Two: 3-11
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2016, 11:49 AM   #14
Latekick
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof 11 View Post
Don’t you mean...

Amount Wagered: $16
Amount Returned: $19.40

A few points...

- It would have been a good idea to outline how you’re betting these selections, if your cut-off is 2/1 on your selections, than that should have been mentioned at the start of the thread. If one of your selections drops below 2/1, than your 3rd contender shall take it’s place, and so on....

- If you’re going to add fictitious bets to your results, then this whole thread is pointless. The 4 was never mentioned in your Canterbury write-up, don’t give someone like me the reason to say “WTF?”, own your losses.

- It is not unreasonable to change your mind minutes before post time, try and post those changes before the break.

- Good luck the rest of the way.
I should have caught that, yesterday was a bit hectic and sloppy.
it is indeed 2-4 with $16 wagered and $19.40 returned.

- In my first post i mentioned it in my write up more than once that if a horse drops to 2/1 or below than it is a hide for me, The #3 HEIR is 2/1 ML which is already to low for a play, so if this horse stays at it's ML or gets bet any lower, he is an obvious hide.
I should have been more clear with this, so thanks for pointing it out.

- As i said in the write-up of the Canterbury race after, i realized i had forgot to post my contenders, as well as my top two. Although this thread is "fictitious" i am playing these races with my own money. I was unable to post the changes i was making yesterday for the fact that i had printed out all of my readouts and was wagering cash on-track. After the race i was able to log onto here using my phone and that is when i realized that i had forgotten to post my contenders and top two in the Canterbury race, as i already had mentioned. This problem will not happen again however, when i go to the track from now on i will just bring my laptop instead of printing the readouts as i usually do.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:25 PM   #15
Latekick
Grade 1

Quote:
Day 3 August 12th

The two races today will be Saratoga 2nd, and Saratoga 9th

Saratoga 2:
A bottom level claimer with a vunrable favorite i believe. This is a race that will come down to the odds board for me. My top three are as they read on my readouts, #1 SILVER, #3 VALKIM, and #5 CHICKA.
For contest play i will be playing either the #1, or #3. With 1 min to post i will decide my top two to play with cash. This race is filled with early energy horses so either one of them is going to run the others off of their feet, or #3 VALKIM will be there to pick up the pieces after sitting off of a hot pace.

Contenders: 1-3-5
Top Two: Based on odds at post

Saratoga 9: The Tale Of A Cat stakes looks as though it may produce a price, as have just about every feature race at Saratoga so far. #3 EASY is ranked first on the BLBL coming off of a sharp win. He uses his energy a bit on the early side but he has the readouts to back up a horse who will be able to run with these. 20/1 ML and anything near that is a definite play.

Next is #11 DADS, what worries me is that he likes to be near the lead, but his EPR rating is 4th against these. What i am hoping for is that he can rate off the pace and finish well being that his late ratings rank well against this field. At 3/1 ml its tough to take a shorter price on this horse, but i will take him at over 3/1. If he drops to 2/1 or lower, i will easily be able to hide this horse and fill in my 3rd contender.

Contenders: 3-4-11
Top Two: 3-11
As i had stated earlier today that i will wait to see how odds look for the 2nd at Saratoga,
my two will be: #1, #5.
Contenders are: 1-3-5
Old 08-12-2016, 05:52 PM   #16
Latekick
Grade 1

Was able to get CHICKALETTE home in the 2nd at 3/1, unfortunately in the 9th #11 DADS CAPS set a blazing pace and my other choice #3 EASY TO SAY couldn't make up enough ground late.
Another 1 for 2 day. I am maintaining right now, just waiting on a few of those breakout winners to increase my bottom line.

Record: 3-6
Amount wagered: $24
Amount Returned: $28
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2016, 01:52 PM   #17
Latekick
Grade 1

Saturday August 13th, two races will be both features of the day. The Fourstardave and the Arlington Million.

I'll start with the Arlington Million.
These are all high class turf horses, all who have exceptional late kicks and spend their energy extremely late which is required in these turf races. My first choice will be #11 WORLD APPROVAL . I think he can run with these class wise and his late numbers match up very well against this field. My other choice is #13 DEAUVILLE who will be making his second start in the U.S. and may improve off of his last race. He ranks well late with these and any improvement will yield a win at a nice price on him today.

Contenders: 5-11-13
Top Two: 11-13

Fourstardave:
A very contentious race in my opinion with prices across the board if you can beat TOURIST, which i think can be done. My first choice is #4 TAKEOVER TARGET who is coming off of a dull performance which was his first race after a layoff, i believe if he can run back to some of his races last year or even 2 back he has a good chance in here. Another field full of late energy runners and he ranks well against this field in late ratings. My second choice is #2 BLACKTYPE . At 10/1 ML and coming off of a win this horse could provide for a bit of an upset. Ranks well late against these and may be able to pick up the pieces late.

Contenders: 2-4-9
Top Two- 2-4
Attached Images

Last edited by Latekick; 08-13-2016 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:15 AM   #18
Latekick
Grade 1

Fourstardave was cancelled, Million was won by an import and i missed.
Record: 3-7
Amount wagered: $26
Amount returned: $28

I will not be posting two races today, we are experiencing sever flooding down here and my home is flooded, i was able to grab a few things for the boat ride out of my neighborhood including my mac, but right now i need to focus on my own safety and shelter and will not have time to handicap. Once thing settle down i will star posting two plays a day. I leave for Saratoga on Tuesday, so lots to look forward to.
Old 08-14-2016, 01:01 PM   #19
lone speed
Grade 1

Quote:
Record: 3-7
Amount wagered: $26
Amount returned: $28

I will not be posting two races today, we are experiencing sever flooding down here and my home is flooded, i was able to grab a few things for the boat ride out of my neighborhood including my mac, but right now i need to focus on my own safety and shelter and will not have time to handicap. Once thing settle down i will star posting two plays a day. I leave for Saratoga on Tuesday, so lots to look forward to.
Latekick...

Sorry to hear about your situation. Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

I wish you well in getting your current situation in order. I enjoyed your posts and keep them ongoing. I admired your quick absorption of the Sartin Methodology at such a young age while attending college. Keep up the fortitude and perseverance.

Take care..
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:04 PM   #20
Tim Y
turf historian

Quote:
I believe that "import" won the Woodbine Mile last season. Well known in these parts for a great late move.

Didn't you have THAT line for a comparative at least?

Hmm having looked at the card, I can see why he was not higher ranked.