Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 07-31-2016, 07:36 AM   #11
barb craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
this is another way of finding an old TURF angle "two lines better than the field," which FUNDAMENTALLY changed my outcomes on the lawn.
FWIW This intrigued me. Let me say I'm not a handicapper in the old sense. I came to this very late in life and have always used just RDSS. Also I was taught by Richie P. to look at every line when working Turf races.

I began looking at Saratoga as I've been to the meet several times and indeed met Tim Y and his lovely wife there once. I've always had a degree of success there on dirt,, but never on Turf.

I worked all the Turf on the 23rd winning a couple and coming close on the rest, and having a curious mind went back over them trying various methods so see if there was a way to win using 2 lines for every horse.

This is the method I came up with that won every turf race on the 23rd. I shared this with Ted who encouraged me rather strongly to share it here.

I picked the top 2 lines using TPP on the Energy screen, then eliminated down to 4 on the BL screen using TT. If there were ties I referred to the BL to break them. The result was astounding. Six races - six wins in the top four contenders.

Encouraged I went on to play in real time the 24th, 27th, 28th, 29th and 30th. Of the six days of playing all the playable Turf at Saratoga regardless of field size - 26 races - 22 wins in the top 4 contenders.

On the 28th I shared this with one of my racing buddies rmath. He has his own unique way of elimination. I have only talked to him once since, but his results on the 28th were similar. I encourage him to post his findings as well.

One caviat. As I am one of Ted's testers, I am using the latest version of RDSS so there might be some variants.

Too bad this was all only on paper because as the track is settling in the prices are going down

Thank you Tim for setting me on this path. I'm now looking at Woodbine and for the past two days the results have been similar.

Cheers Barb
Old 07-31-2016, 10:36 AM   #12
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Hi Barb

I tried this after the fact with yesterday's Woodbine card, and got Lexie Lou in R8 (which was obvious without this method) but in R5, the 2 gets eliminated based upon the TT readouts. I’m not sure if i am doing this properly and i was wondering if you had similar results?
Hoof 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 01:52 PM   #13
barb craven
Grade 1

Hi Hoof
I must confess, I didn't have the 5th at Woodbine using TT for elimination. You are right, the 2 would have been eliminated, and Lexi was a given in the 8th. Right now, I'm concentrating more on Saratoga and just began Woodbine on the 29th to be ready for our meet in a couple of weeks.

Unlike Saratoga Woodbine presents the problem of so many horses never having run on turf, but mostly on poly. I have had no trouble in the past of interchanging turf and poly lines, but with the new surface, I'm not sure how this is going to work. I know I'm very interested to see if this method will work at tracks other than Saratoga. I'm going to use the premise of best 2 TPP turf lines if they are there, but if they are not I'll use turf and poly, or just poly if that's all there is. On the 29th it worked, 4 out of 4 races - 8th race was the only decent payout though #3 paid $16.00. I'll report back on today's races, and Ted wants me to see if this will work at Delmar, so that will give a little more insight into whether or not this is more than a one track wonder.

As an aside, I did get the 2 in the 5th, but not with this new way. As one of Ted's testers, I have access to the new RDSS2.1 and there were readouts there that led me to the 2.

Cheers Barb
Old 07-31-2016, 02:09 PM   #14
Latekick
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb craven View Post
Hi Hoof
I must confess, I didn't have the 5th at Woodbine using TT for elimination. You are right, the 2 would have been eliminated, and Lexi was a given in the 8th. Right now, I'm concentrating more on Saratoga and just began Woodbine on the 29th to be ready for our meet in a couple of weeks.

Unlike Saratoga Woodbine presents the problem of so many horses never having run on turf, but mostly on poly. I have had no trouble in the past of interchanging turf and poly lines, but with the new surface, I'm not sure how this is going to work. I know I'm very interested to see if this method will work at tracks other than Saratoga. I'm going to use the premise of best 2 TPP turf lines if they are there, but if they are not I'll use turf and poly, or just poly if that's all there is. On the 29th it worked, 4 out of 4 races - 8th race was the only decent payout though #3 paid $16.00. I'll report back on today's races, and Ted wants me to see if this will work at Delmar, so that will give a little more insight into whether or not this is more than a one track wonder.

As an aside, I did get the 2 in the 5th, but not with this new way. As one of Ted's testers, I have access to the new RDSS2.1 and there were readouts there that led me to the 2.

Cheers Barb
Barb i encourage you that if you are working any woodbine races today to post them on our other thread so that we can have a good amount of sample races today. If you have no time, that is fine! I will be posting the 3 del mar turf races on the other thread and a looking forward to what your opinions are in those.

On a side note, you mentioning RDSS 2.1 just got me anxious for its release once again! Although it may not be for a while, I'm very much looking forward to being able to use it!
Latekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 03:34 PM   #15
Hoof 11
Grade 1

R6 at Woodbine, i get the 1-2-8 with this method, which happens to be the three top Total Energy horses as well as the three horses that have come within 1 length or less of breaking their maiden.
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2016, 04:24 PM   #16
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof 11 View Post
R6 at Woodbine, i get the 1-2-8 with this method, which happens to be the three top Total Energy horses as well as the three horses that have come within 1 length or less of breaking their maiden.
What a shocker, another favorite won.

Results .... 8-5-1-4
Old 07-31-2016, 04:31 PM   #17
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Royal North Stakes on the Turf.
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2016, 04:38 PM   #18
Hoof 11
Grade 1

My mistake, i forgot to scratch the 3.
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2016, 05:05 PM   #19
raceman5
Grade 1

Tt

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb craven View Post
Hi Hoof

Cheers Barb
Barb

Your using turn time for your elimination?

Bob
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 05:10 PM   #20
Hoof 11
Grade 1

And another favorite....

Results ... 5-2-7-9

Through 2 days of racing at Woodbine, this method had the winner in the top four 50% of the time, the top 2 "Class" horses are dominating today.

If i have some time this week i will go through the entire season at Woodbine, but i am skeptical, especially using the TT readout, i find the TT readout to be useless.

But like Frank Zappa use to say, "the mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open."