Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 04-28-2009, 07:49 AM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

Heads up/ CD running rare Tuesday card today

Attached Images

Old 04-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
jms62
Grade 1

Dismal card .. 5 Maiden Claimers, 2 2year old Maiden Claimers... Kind of early to give up on a two year old, don't ya think ?
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #3
Tim Y
turf historian

Why are maiden races dismal? In the top 10 longest priced winners I HAVE EVER HAD, 6 are from those races.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:25 PM   #4
jms62
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
Why are maiden races dismal? In the top 10 longest priced winners I HAVE EVER HAD, 6 are from those races.
Tim... The sky is blue...
Old 04-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #5
Tim Y
turf historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Tim... The sky is blue...
No you only see the reflection through the blue spectrum: it is many colors
Old 04-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #6
Rverge
Grade 1

hi jms62
one thing about mcl's and md. the win rate is like 40% for favs. as 33% in other races. i know this is blanket statement, but the favs do win more often in these races. yes! many short prices, but one can use these favs in DD pick 3's and 4's. i don't like these races that much although i bet too many FTS
Rverge
Old 04-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #7
jms62
Grade 1

Quote:
No you only see the reflection through the blue spectrum: it is many colors
Just checking... You did indeed disagree with me as I suspected. I can not recall you taking anything other than the opposite position of any post you responded to.

As far as maidens go, you took my words out of context. I do not dislike maidens. I like msw's and am forced to stomach Mclm's in multi race wagers. The dismal I was referring to is todays card. To card 2 4.5 furlong Maiden Claimers in late april is a bit much no ?
Old 04-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #8
jms62
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rverge View Post
hi jms62
one thing about mcl's and md. the win rate is like 40% for favs. as 33% in other races. i know this is blanket statement, but the favs do win more often in these races. yes! many short prices, but one can use these favs in DD pick 3's and 4's. i don't like these races that much although i bet too many FTS
Rverge
Maybe it is just me and I do not have the data to back it up... In MSW's maidens fair well but in MClm's I just don't see it. Especially take notice on a P4 sequence ender... It has been my expierence time after time a heavy favorite shows nothing... I will NEVER single in a maiden claimer...
Old 04-28-2009, 04:45 PM   #9
Tim Y
turf historian

People do not extend their meanings here or at any other place on the net and with BIG HOLES in their communicative abilities, sure the meaning comes out differently than the writer intended.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #10
jms62
Grade 1

Quote:
People do not extend their meanings here or at any other place on the net and with BIG HOLES in their communicative abilities, sure the meaning comes out differently than the writer intended.
You have any friends ? Any friends at all ?