Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...)
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Interactive Teaching & Learning - Race Conditions, Contenders, Pacelines, Advanced Concepts, Betting ...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2016, 01:22 PM   #1
kpmats10
AlwNW2X

History of the Methodology

I'm feeling a bit reflective. Maybe I'm just licking my wounds from a brutal weekend at the BC. But can I get a history lesson?

I was first introduced to incremental breakdowns of a race and pace handicapping when I picked up the revised edition of Modern Pace Handicapping 10 years ago. I read it, studied it, and have been applying the concepts laid out within it since. Some successes have been reached that would've not been possible without the knowledge in the book. I actually paid a hefty sum to have a custom program written to apply the mathematical formulas and make various adjustments in the book.

Come to find this website and I signed up some time ago and never really took advantage of all the material laid out here. I'm here because I want to be a winning player. But where does one start? Come to find out reading all the material here there is much more to the Methodology and practice of pace handicapping than just Brohamer's book. When trying to read through the manuals and Follow Up's, there's a lot of info in there on systems, programs, etc that aren't clearly explained in previous issues; how to use the programs, what the readouts mean, etc and most of which are obsolete. Even paceline selection seems to have many different rules and applications that has changed over and over.

I'm trying to be a winning player. I want to improve my ROI. This year, I'm showing a flat bet profit on win and double wagers. I'm trying to learn self discipline to focus on only those wagers and focus on non maiden races.

My main question here is, if you are about to jump into this concept brand new, where would you recommend someone start? What is obsolete in terms of manual readings? What is relevant today and how do you find updated information?

I'm not afraid to do the work to get to where I want to be. But I feel lost in a big world, if that makes any sense.
kpmats10 is offline   Reply With Quote