Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 05-29-2009, 10:08 AM   #21
mikesal57
Grade 1

Churchill Downs race 2

Neverbeendancin'

23.1 46.0
Old 05-29-2009, 10:10 AM   #22
mikesal57
Grade 1

Churchill Downs race 8

Luster

23.0 46.1
Old 05-29-2009, 10:12 AM   #23
mikesal57
Grade 1

Churchill Downs race 9

Maxinkuckee Miss

24.0 48.0

dirt races vs this turf race
Old 05-29-2009, 10:21 AM   #24
mikesal57
Grade 1

Hope these are enough...Richie

mike
Old 05-29-2009, 11:19 AM   #25
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

I have now rested my brain cell

Quote:
Only the LAST RACE is considered for projecting todays pace.
3) The last race that the projecting is being done from must have run within 30 days of today

This is not the Hats way. is it???

Also, why would i want to do a decent part of work for others who give nothing in return. There are many of these people as you can see from the view/reply statistics and that is probably why HTR, Blam have Private forums instead of public.

Last edited by Charlie D; 05-29-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:31 AM   #26
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D View Post

This is not the Hats way. is it???
Charlie:
1) by keeping the proj pace from a current race AND an on the lead runner at that it is to ME a big confidence booster that things will "make sense" as the work progresses on the race. This is doubly so for BEGINNING matchers in my opinion.
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:32 AM   #27
mikesal57
Grade 1

Charlie...lets not shake things up here...lets see what comes out of it...

You can participate or not..its up to you

mike

I did a lot here on my own...i dont care
Old 05-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #28
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

Richie

But if you going to learn The 5 Step Approach is not best to learn it as written here.

Quote:
PROJECTING PACE

Pace is The Match Up and through pace analysis and projecting the probable pace of today's race you can find the pace a horse can win against and the pace they fail against. Each horses running line and running style will be matched against the others, fraction by fraction, to find the line to use in today's race.

The fractional times used are the first call, the quarter mile in sprints, and the half mile time in routes. The second call is the half mile in sprints, and the six-furlongs in routes. The third fraction is the difference between the second call and final time.

There are two ways to project pace.

1. First, decide the horse that is likely to take the lead. In picking the horse that is going to take the lead, find a horse that has truly been in the lead at the first call. In the event none of the horses definitely had the lead, use a time where a horse tried for the lead or was up close. Next, find a horse that was in the lead at the second call. Use the same procedure explained in finding the first call. Next, find a final time that matches the first two calls, and you have the projected pace of today's race. Never add beaten lengths to any of the fractional calls. Horses that do not match today's pace are will have difficulty winning.

2. Find the horse that has run the best against the fastest pace in his last race, at today's track, and at today's distance. Tandem races are good races used in this procedure. If none of the horse have run at today's distance consider any fast sprint, or any fast route line. This horse is the pace horse that all the other horses will be matched against.

This race from the pace horse will be used as the initial projected pace of today's race. All the other horses in the race must be able to run against this pace. Match every horse in the race, with the initial projected pace. Any horse that doesn't match today's pace will not be considered as a win contender.

It's not rocket science as this uneducated Englishman has shown.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:46 AM   #29
mikesal57
Grade 1

There are two ways to project pace.

1. First, decide the horse that is likely to take the lead

Aren't we doing this ?
Old 05-29-2009, 11:49 AM   #30
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D View Post

Also, why would i want to do a decent part of work for others who give nothing in return. There are many of these people as you can see from the view/reply statistics and that is probably why HTR, Blam have Private forums instead of public.
Ahhhh I am VERY glad you posted this Charlie.

Now we are gonna get to the "Hat stuff" that is NOT about numbers etc ok?

Let me give you ALL something I learned DAILY from Mr. Bradshaw. This is very much a part of that man from Tulsa and it will continue through me to the best of my ability:

We GIVE freely expecting NOTHING in return. We give because we CAN and because things have been given us during periods of our lives.

This conscious effort of giving freely to someone produces a positive karma in our lives that benefits us and those close to us that we love. Notice in the opening post of this thread that the word KARMA was used. This was deliberate because it was a HUGE part of who Hat was as a man.

He GAVE freely THOUSANDS of hours to me over 2 years mentoring me about first the matchup but then after and MORE IMPORTANT about LIFE and his Cherokee culture and ways. This positive karmatic experience that results from doing good for others while asking NOTHING in return is deeply ingrained in his culture and now in my daily life. WHY?

Because I have experienced things having to do with health and family that 2 years ago I would have said is IMPOSSIBLE to happen. Family doctors have no wordly explanation for 2 things that have happened regarding this here. As God is my witness this is all true.

2 days before Hat passed he called me from the hospital and reminded me of ALL we had talked about for 2 years. He focused INTENSELY on the power of good karma and told me to never forget its power.

So YES I want and will continue to give freely as much as I can Charlie! It is my sincere pleasure to do it too!

THIS is the Jim Bradshaw you can't get by listening to seminar tapes in a controlled environment nor read in the pages of his last book.

THIS is part of the giant of a man that Jim Bradshaw was.

I also respect yours and everyone's right to dismiss,disagree etc etc
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote