Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 07-14-2020, 11:55 AM   #51
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveEdwards View Post
Great news Ted.

I'd be happy to be involved in anything to do with the Excel side in terms of ideas, presentation etc. My spreadsheets tend to be more functional than pretty perhaps, but happy to be on board with that.

What kind of time scale are we looking at with this? I'll have plenty of time in August if that works for you.

Thanks for the offer of assistance! I'll have to get back to you on time frame. Excellent chance August will be a tad too soon for that particular item.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 12:03 PM   #52
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
Personally I would like to see the whole color code change. Say what? Sure old users would have to adapt, but don't we have to do that throughout life. Things change, computers,browsers etc.

The color red for the #1 horse is just the opposite of what the #1 horse should be. Red pretty much is significant with danger in everything. Reason is its to draw attention, whether a stop sign etc. It indicates danger and take notice.

Now Sartin said that in most factors the winner average ranks is 2.86 (or in the top 3) after that the number of winners significantly drop off. That's the case with any good factor. With that in mind I'd like to see something like :

# 1 Green
2 Yellow
3 Black
4 Red

Also it would be nice to a green box or green underline for any horse that Gaps the others.

Hey this is the suggestion box.

FWIW,
Mitch44
Mitch, about the best I think I can do is make the colour scheme user-definable, which it is now, would just have to build that out a bit. Each user could accept the current default rank colours (which IMO approximately 99% would do), or redefine which colours to use for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th. Then you could make them appear how you like.

I like your idea about a markup for when a factor rank significantly gaps the next one down. We show that ad-hoc now by an underline for just the BRIS Prime Power rank (i.e. Top 4 ranks, gap of 4+ points), but that could also be made user-definable. For each factor, you'd have to define what constitutes a 'gap' and how many ranks down to apply this too (i.e. ignore gaps between 9th and 10th ranks). Some factors you might want to show this and some not.

Can't promise when this might occur, but consider it on 'the list'!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-14-2020, 12:12 PM   #53
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajohn3times View Post
Hi Ted
I meant the actual %medium of the winner of the race that has just been run, not what he ran in the selected line I used for anaylis. And I still would like to see POWER MOVES AS THOUGHT BY RITCHIE P.
Papa John
Ahh! This will happen automatically when Result Charts finally get integrated into RDSS in general and into the current race's PPs in particular. A longstanding project has been to be able to re-display a set of PPs and include the race just run as line 0 for each horse. I know, BEFORE the race would be nice but until I get the magic working we'll have to settle for about 20 minutes after the race has run.

With this, when you select a (new) Paceline Selection Strategy of Line 0 for each horse (i.e. the Result of the Race), the Analysis screens will simply show you what happened in the race. Thus, the % Median for every horse including the Winner will appear on the Velocity screen for the horse (Pace of Horse).

Re POWER MOVES taught by RichieP, please clarify what you mean and how this is different from the Power Moves already appearing on the Original screen (the red, blue and purple lines of different thickness indicating gains of length and position, and wide moves around the turn). If you can link to a specific post or document where you have learned this that would be great. Thanks.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-14-2020, 01:36 PM   #54
Mitch44
Grade 1

Ted I like the idea that an individual can customize the colors to their liking.

I"m also glad you like the ideas of distinguishing gaps for other that BPP. The present use of using black for BPP gaps IMO isn't good as it blends in too much with the black numbered rank.Some other color is needed to make it jump off the page at the user.

Gaps can be applied to TPR, Tot. Energy, Speed Rating CR, Prime Line Score, and several other factors. I use 3 for BPP. I agree that the user has to decide on the amount of the Gap to be used as any Gap is sensitive to class structure etc. With the export of data to an Excel spread sheet a user can figure this out for themselves.

For color I agree user definable is the way to go." user-definable, which it is now" I'm unaware of this or how to change the default.

Without a promise I hope in my lifetime at least as none of us are getting any younger, well perhaps maybe Conley.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 02:01 PM   #55
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
Ted I like the idea that an individual can customize the colors to their liking.

I"m also glad you like the ideas of distinguishing gaps for other that BPP. The present use of using black for BPP gaps IMO isn't good as it blends in too much with the black numbered rank.Some other color is needed to make it jump off the page at the user.

Gaps can be applied to TPR, Tot. Energy, Speed Rating CR, Prime Line Score, and several other factors. I use 3 for BPP. I agree that the user has to decide on the amount of the Gap to be used as any Gap is sensitive to class structure etc. With the export of data to an Excel spread sheet a user can figure this out for themselves.

For color I agree user definable is the way to go." user-definable, which it is now" I'm unaware of this or how to change the default.

Without a promise I hope in my lifetime at least as none of us are getting any younger, well perhaps maybe Conley.

Mitch44
By 'it is now' I meant internally to the RDSS code, i.e. if Rank 1, use 'the colour-defined-for-rank1s'. I'd just have to make a user interface on the Configure Tab to allow you to choose WHICH colour goes with which rank. That's the part which does not exist.

Re 'using black for BPP gaps' - BPP gaps of 4 or more points are denoted on the Rx+and Entries screen by an underline in the same colour as the font. Black font = black underline. and I'll stick with black fonts for displaying data. Can't really change that, sorry.

I know it has been a long time since an update. I have started gathering things together again to issue another update though that won't be until the Autumn sometime. Perhaps by the time Conley gets to be your age, he'll resume using RDSS (or sooner, or never - it's all good ).

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-14-2020, 03:13 PM   #56
Mitch44
Grade 1

Got it Ted.Thanks for your response. Yes, its all good. ROTF

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:06 AM   #57
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Hi Ted,

Just let me know when. I'm good to go whenever needed.
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 03:50 PM   #58
jberylec
AlwNW3X

Reviving an old thread I love suggestion boxes. Ha! Would love to see that user-definable color coding. IMHO red should not be 1st.

More importantly to me though: User-definable Auto-PSS. E.g. Best Perceptor, With two drop down boxes: first box choices: (any dist/surf or dist+/-1f or dist/surf+/-1f), second box choices: (last3, last4, last 5)

Or at the very least, user definable "comparable". E.g. currently it considers 7f comparable to 5f, ok both are sprints, but really not comparable. Cutting back from 7 to 5 is significant. E.g. scenario: all the horse's best lines are 5f, best perceptor is 4 races back at 5f, today's race is 5f, but PSS chooses his/her 2nd best perceptor because the horse tried 7f recently which takes up one of the "last 3 comparable" slots, which it shouldn't. So fine tuning the definition of comparable will result in more accurate auto-PSS.

I know I'm new, loving the software so far. Keep up the good work.
Thanks!

-Jesse James
jberylec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 03:58 PM   #59
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thank you Jesse! What you suggest makes sense, of course - at least as an option (though, you can option yourself to death ). It has been in the works for a while, just not nearer the top than other items from time to time. Hopefully soon!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 03-26-2023, 01:53 PM   #60
jberylec
AlwNW3X

Another suggestion: end-user option to turn off the auto race advance feature

Thanks!

ˇAttention! All picks & posts are subject to my inability to choose winners. Use at your own risk.
jberylec is offline   Reply With Quote