Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 07-11-2020, 01:35 PM   #41
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS6916 View Post
to answer 1:

I believe there may be a distinction between lines 3+ that may be less than 100 days ago as opposed to 200+ days ago.

to answer 3:

the date of the paceline would be helpful, if days before today's event can't be done.

Overall if I'm going back 4 or more lines, I think the date of that paceline would complete the picture for me,

while saving time from toggling back & forth from screen to screen, etc.

No problem Mike, and thanks. It appears there is duplicate data exported now re the Layoff period (Col L AND Col MX). The latter column group should properly be related to the chosen paceline, so the lLyoff dating from THAT line should be what sits in Col MX. And will.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 01:43 PM   #42
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveEdwards View Post
I've been thinking a little about this recently as it happens. I'll throw my half baked ideas into the ring.

As is, the Excel export is geared towards race analysis. From the perspective of an individual horse it might be an idea to add an additional export button or box to tick for individual horse format.

Ideas for individual horse 10 line export.
1st section replicates the original screen, at least up to the Finish Position column. Also the workout, trip tabs and top section earnings/win% box and standard horse data.

This would allow anyone to conduct basic form analysis in Excel, perhaps somewhere when RDSS isn't available to them, but Excel is.
If it's easier, this could be added to the end of the current export. This would avoid any wholesale changes to existing spreadsheets used to extrapolate data.

Personally, I would find it a great benefit to have the basic horse data as a part of the excel export. Hopefully others think so to.
Hopefully too it isn't too onerous a task to add.

Dave,

I have been tinkering with Exporting EVERYTHING to Excel or CSV, every horse's data, workouts, the Tandem comparison screens, Tote (including Exacta/Quinella and Double grids) - everything. This essentially exists in the Cache folder system for each race, but just not in a common public format. Getting a separate Excel template (separate from the Analysis export) to hold such data is the main time issue, otherwise all the data just looks like a jumble. With those Excel or CSV files, one can do whatever one wants. I wouldn't mind 'crowd sourcing' the creation of pretty Excel files, once the layout is nailed down.

Also Result Charts - both standalone for the race, and integrated into the horse's PPs (i.e. each horse's performance in today's race is line 0) - exported in Excel and/or CSV format.

Several others have suggested this, which is why I have been working on it.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-12-2020, 07:00 AM   #43
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Great news Ted.

I'd be happy to be involved in anything to do with the Excel side in terms of ideas, presentation etc. My spreadsheets tend to be more functional than pretty perhaps, but happy to be on board with that.

What kind of time scale are we looking at with this? I'll have plenty of time in August if that works for you.
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 07:01 AM   #44
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Great news Ted.

I'd be happy to be involved in anything to do with the Excel side in terms of ideas, presentation etc. My spreadsheets tend to be more functional than pretty perhaps, but happy to be on board with that.

What kind of time scale are we looking at with this? I'll have plenty of time in August if that works for you.
Old 07-12-2020, 07:15 AM   #45
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Thinking about it, anytime after next week will be good.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:43 PM   #46
dogkatcher
Grade 1

On the Tote Screen, the PW% would be easier to read if the color coding used throughout the program was continued. Black & White for the 4th and 5th positions. Just saying, or it could be these worn out eyes need help.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:18 PM   #47
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogkatcher View Post
On the Tote Screen, the PW% would be easier to read if the color coding used throughout the program was continued. Black & White for the 4th and 5th positions. Just saying, or it could be these worn out eyes need help.
Time for new glasses John? 4th is bold non-coloured, 5th and worse is non-bolded, non-coloured.

Name:  pw.4th.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  39.1 KB

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-12-2020, 06:29 PM   #48
Mitch44
Grade 1

Personally I would like to see the whole color code change. Say what? Sure old users would have to adapt, but don't we have to do that throughout life. Things change, computers,browsers etc.

The color red for the #1 horse is just the opposite of what the #1 horse should be. Red pretty much is significant with danger in everything. Reason is its to draw attention, whether a stop sign etc. It indicates danger and take notice.

Now Sartin said that in most factors the winner average ranks is 2.86 (or in the top 3) after that the number of winners significantly drop off. That's the case with any good factor. With that in mind I'd like to see something like :

# 1 Green
2 Yellow
3 Black
4 Red

Also it would be nice to a green box or green underline for any horse that Gaps the others.

Hey this is the suggestion box.

FWIW,
Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 07-12-2020 at 06:32 PM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 09:06 PM   #49
papajohn3times
Grade 1

Hi Ted
I meant the actual %medium of the winner of the race that has just been run, not what he ran in the selected line I used for anaylis. And I still would like to see POWER MOVES AS THOUGHT BY RITCHIE P.
Papa John
papajohn3times is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:52 AM   #50
Ted Craven
Grade 1

John, further to this and to your email to me with a screenshot of the colour scheme you meant - you were referring to the colour scheme of the PW% rating as it appears on the Tote Tab, which indeed has a different colour scheme (historical evolution of that screen). Now that I know which screen you meant - yes indeed, I will sync those colours with the traditional rank colour scheme used on all RDSS Analysis screens.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Time for new glasses John? 4th is bold non-coloured, 5th and worse is non-bolded, non-coloured.

Ted

R
DSS -