Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Contests ** The Bill Varone Memorial Cup ** > 2016 Match4Cash Challenges
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

2016 Match4Cash Challenges Are You Up 4 It?

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 12:01 PM   #11
The Pook
Grade 1

Another week, another dud. Even Richie couldn't break the streak for us. Thanks to Richie though for his attempt. It was a good shot with an interesting race and plenty of views. Congrats to cigar, Ted and Gandalf who did have the winner which was better than not having it as it turned out.

And of course welcome to the wizard Gandalf who steps back in after being a regular player last year! You move right on up to 2nd place! Good to have you back.

I can't help but notice that last years defending champion Raceman has not made an appearance. Time is running out.

With Gandalf we are now shooting for a $550 prize! Nobody has run away from the pack yet. The last ten challenges could get tense.

See you Saturday when the Mow Man (mowens33) takes another stab at another post.

Pook
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2016, 12:04 AM   #12
The Pook
Grade 1

Still with the chalk. Oh well Capcondo nabs it alone and finds the stairs out of the basement. PK finally gets his entry in and makes it a group of ten vying for $600 US. That is $780 to us Canadians!
And we have a Canadian in the lead! Cigar by virtue of being the only one with ten contests played is the only one qualified to take the prize at this time. Cigar could theoretically shut it down and coast home. The way things have been going maybe a -79% ROI will take the win. Probably not.
One last chance next week for any last minute joiners. It will be a closed contest after that.

Til next week,
Pook
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2016, 06:41 PM   #13
The Pook
Grade 1

I'm sitting right here so I might as well tally things up. Congratulations to BillV, PK, and TedC for the win(Ted with a single). With a $5.10 payoff things shift a bit but not much. Poor old Pete's ladder that he had carefully crafted this week fell apart. He will have to stay mired in mud for now as the only player without a win. Keep your chin up Pete! Well it will be naturally because you are down there looking up.

Til next week
Pook
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2016, 10:04 PM   #14
The Pook
Grade 1

Congratulations to our only winner PatC. With that he takes over the lead!
Only 8 races to go.

Pook
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2016, 11:01 PM   #15
gandalf380
Grade 1

Look out cigar-- here i come
Old 04-19-2016, 09:02 AM   #16
cigar
3-3-1 - 3-3-2

Gandalf the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf380 View Post
Look out cigar-- here i come
I am waiting Gandalf! I know this group is better than what the results shows. At this point I cannot go for short price - looking for few BOMBS................ Thank God I have full time employment
Old 04-27-2016, 09:06 AM   #17
The Pook
Grade 1

Thanks Tim for finally breaking the spell with the small-pooled Sunland race. Way to go Mike for your solo hit! Nice one too at $23.20.
With that mowens33 shoots up the leaderboard in the NQ section. PatC remains leader overall. Unfortunately PK had to be disqualified because he can no longer reach the required plays. He said he was aware that this might happen but that he wanted to contribute to the pot anyway. He wants to still submit if he can but realizes he has no shot at the prize. Thankyou Patrick for your generosity.

7 to Go
Pook
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2016, 12:09 PM   #18
The Pook
Grade 1

Multiple winners this week.

Pook
Attached Images

Old 05-08-2016, 09:28 PM   #19
The Pook
Grade 1

Gandalf is the sole winner this week of the biggest payoff so far and becomes the only player in the black. Mowens takes the lead after playing ten and qualifying. We are 3/4 of the way through. Ends on the day of the Belmont when perhaps Nyquist will be running for Triple Crown glory.

Pook
Attached Images

Old 05-15-2016, 02:44 PM   #20
The Pook
Grade 1

We have been getting some more respectable prices recently and gandalf has capitalized. $10.80 this week is OK. Along with gandalf, cigar and Bill V. had the winner. Mowens stays in the official lead for now but the two players with positive ROI's at this point, gandalf and Bill V., are two and one races away from qualifying.

I included an additional stat this week for hit rate. Bill V. has a Sartin level rate of 66.6% with 9 races played. Bill's modest ROI reflects the favourite streak in the first half. gandalf and Ted Craven are cruising along at 50% which is respectable too. Should point out that the two lowest hit rates of 12.5% and 10% by Capcondo and PeteC have been amassed mostly by single play. That is much tougher.

Not much more to say at this point.
See you next week,
Pook
Attached Images

Closed Thread