Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 08-10-2015, 02:36 PM   #1
dandy68
AlwNW2X

custom cards?

RDSS2 has on the left when the program is opened CARDS BY DATE; MY RACES; CURRENT OPEN CARDS. my question is on the my races at the top is "custom cards,' then it lists all races, sprints, etc.; so does Track Master have an option to create a custom cards of say all routes?
when i tried to see only routes from the cards i have used it would open with those tracks in bold letters, but when i try to open a specific race it just sits there until i exit the program.

this is an interesting feature for those members that want to narrow their focus to types of races. any help is appreciated.
dandy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:30 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Hi Dan,

The MyRaces module is in a somewhat 'primitive' state in the current version (and only the Today, Tomorrow, Yesterday time frames really work). It works best of course when there are lots of cards to filter through (e.g. if you had an Unlimited account and downloaded everything, or downloaded several cards). As you observe, there are several pre-defined filters and the upcoming version has a tool to create and save your own pre-defined filters (or write me and I can update the file which governs these filters with pretty much any custom filter you'd want).

That said, with the current software, you should be able to click on a race you are looking at and it will come up and be assembled and ready for use. Let me know privately if this still does not happen for you.

Here is a picture of MyRaces showing for today (August 12, 2015) all sprint races which are non-maiden, non-turf, having 7+ runners (before scratches) excluding some small and strange tracks, aka my 'Test Filter 2' (which is almost what the header, in black, describes - I further filtered it for this example to exclude routes).

From this list, we get that IF you wanted to work 10 such sprint races today, you could do that by purchasing, for example, just 2 cards: the MNR and TDN cards (or the 3 PID and MNR and DMR cards, etc). Of course it is not helpful that you would (currently) first have to buy ALL the cards to find out which ones had the races you wanted to focus on - LOL! And, not meaning to tease with features you do not yet have access to - but the image below is actually from the RDSS2 Cloud Server, which maintains an assembled listing of all races every day and to which ALL RDSS 2.1 software users will have access for the purpose of obtaining the master listing of ALL races running today (free of charge) so that YOU can filter this master list to decide which specific cards to buy. Because it's RDSS running in the 'Cloud', all races have been 'assembled' and we know extra goodies like number of Earlies in a race, number of FTS, 2TS, etc, and these will also be filterable criterea. (Sometime this year ...)

TrackMaster does not (and probably will not) offer a customized card of a collection of filtered races. We will have to do it ourselves in the manner described above.

Name:  myraces1.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  205.7 KB

If you happen to download a bunch of cards (or try Unlimited), beside the pre-defined filters you can tinker with your own custom filters and sorts by activating the MyRaces filter/sort tool by checking the checkbox in the upper left corner of the screen. This gives you access to a set of dropdown filter/sort criterea for many of the columns, using which you can exclude some data and sort the remainder how you like. It is fashioned after the Excel Filter/Sort tools and functions similarly.

For example, to get the above listing, I started with my pre-defined template, then further winnowed it down by removing the route distances from the list of distances which were found. I then will save the resulting modified filter specs to a new permanent pre-defined filter.

Name:  myraces2.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  202.3 KB

I hope the above gives some more ideas about what you can do now with MyRaces (and what you can't do ...), and what is coming soon.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 08-12-2015 at 10:36 AM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 11:44 AM   #3
dandy68
AlwNW2X

great info and i am excited about the future custom card up grade.
dandy68 is offline   Reply With Quote