Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 08-11-2014, 09:40 PM   #1
Latekick
Grade 1

The use of RDSS and the results

Hi all. I've been seriously thinking about two questions that id like to post here and see the responses that you guys have.
The first being, do any of you play in handicapping tournaments and use RDSS2 while in the tournament, if so, what have been your results and do you trust RDSS2 enough to spend some money to get in the contest and wager aggressive throughout the day too keep yourself in contention.
My next question is, are there any of us RDSS2 handicappers that can actually show a profit and can prove this if possible? It may sound as if im bashing RDSS2 but honestly im not. I feel like this program has taken my handicapping to a level it would have never been at. I love RDSS2 and will always be a user of its fundamentals even though i no longer have the program downloaded since last year,a s of now. But i will always be a believer, i was just curious to see the responses i got to those two questions
Latekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:40 PM   #2
Hoof 11
Grade 1

RDSS is nothing more than a tool, a means to get you from Point A to Point B. Much like a car, it only responds to your input, if you drive a car into a brick wall, is it the cars fault? If you input crappy pacelines into RDSS, and lose a bet, is it the programs fault?

The onus falls squarely on the user, if you can’t pick pacelines you are basically doomed, it doesn’t matter what program you use. On top of the program itself, you need years of experience and knowledge before you can start turning profits. There is more to handicapping than what RDSS or the methodology is telling you on the surface, it’s the small details that will make you profitable, and that comes with experience. Picking contenders and pinpointing winners is only half of the equation, knowing how to bet properly is a whole other trade onto itself.

I have participated in some handicapping contests with some fellow RDSS users, and some do very well, and some do not. Why do you think that is?

As per your second question, you are asking people to prove their profitability? Seriously?

Expect nothing but crickets....
Hoof 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #3
Latekick
Grade 1

Never said it was a all perfect no work system. I've read every article on this site and have been studying for 3 years every single day at least 3 to 4 hours of reading and reviewing in order to make it a natural instinct. I have discussed pace line slection with the best on this site. I know what it takes and i work for it, every day. Didnt mean to offend anyone with this....just asking for some respect from a guy ive never wronged...
Latekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:11 PM   #4
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Huh? Please explain to me how i disrespected you?

And i wasn’t offended, i thought you were asking the wrong question.

Your question was.... do you trust RDSS enough to use in a buy-in tournament?

And my response was.... it has more to do with the user than the program itself. RDSS has no limitations, you can be successful with the program in all aspects of horse racing, there is no reason not to trust the program.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #5
Appy
Grade 1

Kind of an interesting, and somewhat testy, thread.

1) I've yet to enter any tourney play, but am warming to the idea.
2) RDSS is not the only program/tool I utilize for handicapping.

Hoof11 has offered some sage comments.
"The onus falls squarely on the user..."
That is fact.
Another fellow asserts the most valuable computer at your disposal is the one perched atop your shoulders.
"you need years of experience and knowledge before you can start turning profits..."
I would amend that to say "years of experience enhance profitable expectations".

" knowing how to bet properly is a whole other trade onto itself."
Absolutely true. I am convinced someone could be a championship quality handicapper and an unprofitable wagerer at the same time.

"RDSS has no limitations"
On this point I disagree. While I have a very healthy respect for Ted AND for his product, IMO any program that does not include an integrated functional database with select-able filtering systems is limited in potential as a stand alone product.

I think asking anyone to prove profitability is an unreasonable request.
For my own part I'm not shy to share some of my winning picks, nor my less fortunate results. I would never publish actual earnings.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:57 PM   #6
Ryan.p.coli
Grade 1

Agreed this is an interesting topic-

1. I would get smoked in a handicapping tournament regardless of the tool that I use

2. I've seen screenshots from a couple people's ADW accounts on this site and I know for a fact that they are profitable. Over a long sample size, you're likely going to max out at 30% ROI (I've never really seen anything more than that excluding massive scores).

In order to take your handicapping to that top level you are referencing, velocity analysis is only a piece of the puzzle. I've made recent strides to get proficient with class and form cycle as well.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:49 PM   #7
Bill V.
The egg man

Rdss2

I am in agreement with Hoof

Yes you can use RDSS2 and be very successful, You can also use Phase 3 and do feet per second or you can use Energy or Kgen or any Sartin program. or Bradshaw's match up ..
If you enter the proper pace lines and only enter lines from true contenders

Will you win major buy in tournaments just using the best of last 3 preceptor
and enter 1 line from every horse in the race and hiding the favorite? I doubt it.

However , You will win money day to day if you follow directions from the Follow Up and Sartin manuals also If you read the teaching forum examples and media files here on Pace and Cap The program you use is not important
Your brain and desire to improve and to trust your self is what matters

GS
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:48 PM   #8
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appy View Post

"RDSS has no limitations"
On this point I disagree. While I have a very healthy respect for Ted AND for his product, IMO any program that does not include an integrated functional database with select-able filtering systems is limited in potential as a stand alone product.
I personally know a profitable player that uses nothing more than straight PP’s, a pad of paper, and a calculator. I consider myself a pretty good handicapper, but this gentleman puts me to shame, with limited resources to boot.

RDSS users have gone head to head with database software users in a 20 week handicapping contest, and in the end, the RDSS user(s) won.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:29 PM   #9
polambi
Grade 1

Let's see....joined Paceandcap in June of 2013 and "no longer have the program downloaded since last year, as of now".
So, basically you did not even use RDSS for 4 months. Keep looking for the black box of your dreams. RDSS is not for you.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:36 PM   #10
Bill V.
The egg man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof 11 View Post
I personally know a profitable player that uses nothing more than straight PP’s, a pad of paper, and a calculator. I consider myself a pretty good handicapper, but this gentleman puts me to shame, with limited resources to boot.

RDSS users have gone head to head with database software users in a 20 week handicapping contest, and in the end, the RDSS user(s) won.
Hi Hoof
Was the 20 week contest a free no risk contest?
That may be true but we also had many months of FREE No Risk handicapping contest for RDSS users here at pace and cap were I saw many cases of wild selections based on no risk "what the heck " strategy users. These users did well some months and bust out in others. This is why i no longer enter free no risk contest.

Good Skill
Bill

Last edited by Bill V.; 08-12-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote