Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 05-11-2009, 09:18 AM   #1
lueylump
AlwNW1X

Bread and Butter Race...

Every race will not present us with boxcar mutuels, so we need to accept what the race gives us, but also look for angles that could increase our return. The 4th Race at Hollywood Park on May 6, 2009 was just such race. It was what I consider a bread and butter race which will keep us in the game long enough to find a race with boxcar mutuels when we capitalize on such opportunities!

It was a 6 1/2 furlong $10,000 Claiming race, and right away I could see I had a live race by looking at the E/L Difference Graph; because there were only two Early Energy horses in the race and both had strong numbers: #1 - Nymege, and #6 - Brothe. So at this point I begin to look for horses that could close the deal for a trifecta bet, and settled on two horses: #3 - Quitye and #5 My Fri. The other late energy horses had numbers that were inferior to the 3 and 5, and the 3 and 5 also had the highest late energy (and hidden energy) so I felt they had a better chance of closing in the stretch for 3rd.

On the win end #6 clearly had the best numbers and the highest early energy, but it was only going off at even money so I could not bet it to win. The important thing to remember as wagercaappers is we are not looking only for winners, but are looking for opportunities to make money. My other early horse, #1, was going off at 8/1 so I decided to make it my prime bet. I cut my win bet in half and bet my normal win bet on #1 to place. If you notice from the results chart #1 paid 6.40 to place while #6 paid $4.20 to win, and #1 came 1/2 length from winning.

Additionally I played a 1-6 exacta box, and keyed 1-6 first and second in trifectas with 3 and 5. My exacta hit and my return was equivalent to a 5/1 win bet, and my trifecta also hit returning the equivalent of an 8/1 win bit.

So in summary although the best horse in the field went off at even money, when you have a bread and buttter race like this race, and you take advantage of the exotic wagers without spreading yourself to thin - you can still realize a good rate of return for your investment!
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
noddub62
Budman

Bread & Butter Race

Mr. Louielump,

Thanks for the great teaching example. These kind of races where the fav also has the best readouts are quite often so the other money plays are worth while. Thanks for the race.

Bud
Old 05-11-2009, 05:05 PM   #3
Rverge
Grade 1

luey.. great job "overlay overlay" bill hellers book on betting the horse for a place bet and get win odds and the excta bet as a win bet! yes!

Tags
e/l difference graph, early energy, hollywood park, rdss