Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS 1: Bug Reports
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS 1: Bug Reports Historical Bug problems and solutions for the first version of RDSS (through V0.99.2)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #16
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlking View Post
Hi Ted. I find that when there is a large field 10 horses and up RDSS shuts down when trying to call up the past performances. It happens sometimes even after scratches and there are less than 9 horses. When I restart RDSS it usually works. Any possible explanations?

Namaste:

Mike W.
Yes, Mike (an explanation). In all cases, if you load up RDSS and go straight to that race which caused a crash with only 10 horses (or 12 or 14) you should be able to load it with no problems. The fact that it sometimes crashes when you switch to such a race after having worked with a number of other races means RDSS ran out of memory: it keeps a LOT of data and visual display info (fonts, colours, text attributes, column sizes graphic images, etc) and just runs out after a certain point.

As I've been mentioning, that core problem with memory management is what I am working on for the next release. RDSS will use a lot less resources and accomplish a lot more display, and more flexibly (i.e. different screen sizes). You should be able to have any number of races with full PPs open simultaneously, plus a number of new displays/print-outs

Hope you can hold on

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™