Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 08-19-2008, 07:45 AM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

Other than Early - Voodoo pattern #1

I will not have time to finish that 2nd test video describing the above by this weekend. I want to put it in the hands of folks especially friends like "Mu" who will be Form matching up at the Spa this weekend.

I am going to show you here in this thread.

The only thing I ask of all of you is the following:
1) I ask that you do NOT move past this opening post in the thread until BOTH of these things are present:
a) Quiet noise free, hassle free surroundings. That's the external part.
b) Quiet RELAXED mind not preoccupied with other things. That's the internal part.

Then there is a harmony as Hat explained of the mind and body that gives best chance to learn and RETAIN something ok?
Old 08-19-2008, 08:05 AM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1

The Process

This requires a projected pace 1c-2c.

Beginning and intermediate matchers here is a tip that will pay big dividends:
Focus on races where you can project a pace from an on the lead early horse.

The next thing is:
Take the time and actually DO IT. Project that pace either by writing it on the top of your Form (Hat's way) or key stroking in on tools such as RDSS (my way).

Heads up for beginners unfamiliar with projecting pace is to grab Hat's 5 step approach and read it. Cornerstone of everything being done here in the Hat Check. Here are Jim's words on projecting pace taken directly from his 5 step approach:
=====================================================================

"Pace is The Match Up and through pace analysis and projecting the probable pace of today's race you can find the pace a horse can win against and the pace they fail against. Each horses running line and running style will be matched against the others, fraction by fraction, to find the line to use in today's race.

The fractional times used are the first call, the quarter mile in sprints, and the half mile time in routes. The second call is the half mile in sprints, and the six-furlongs in routes. The third fraction is the difference between the second call and final time.

There are two ways to project pace.

1. First, decide the horse that is likely to take the lead. In picking the horse that is going to take the lead, find a horse that has truly been in the lead at the first call. In the event none of the horses definitely had the lead, use a time where a horse tried for the lead or was up close.
Next, find a horse that was in the lead at the second call. Use the same procedure explained in finding the first call. Next, find a final time that matches the first two calls, and you have the projected pace of today's race. Never add beaten lengths to any of the fractional calls. Horses that do not match today's pace are will have difficulty winning.

2. Find the horse that has run the best against the fastest pace in his last race, at today's track, and at today's distance. Tandem races are good races used in this procedure. If none of the horse have run at today's distance consider any fast sprint, or any fast route line. This horse is the pace horse that all the other horses will be matched against.

This race from the pace horse will be used as the initial projected pace of today's race. All the other horses in the race must be able to run against this pace. Match every horse in the race, with the initial projected pace. Any horse that doesn't match today's pace will not be considered as a win contender."
=====================================================================

Again I will ask everyone not to go past this post until you are familiar with projecting a pace and have the conditions present described in the opening post here.

Thank you
Old 08-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #3
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
Rich, on my earlier email on this subject I forgot to ask the following: can you elaborate a little on the pattern you point out for the #6 horse.
Robert
Bang!

I was hoping someone asked this "Mu" and it turns out to be you!!

Let your Mind's Eye see,interpret,look around and "go" wherever it wants to go with this Robert.

For races where you have the winner running O.T.E.

Be AWARE of horses who have fought for TWO or more calls against today's projected pace AND have another line where he ran competitively O.T.E. against today's projected pace or even slightly slower. BOTH of these lines should be found in the horses last 4 races.

Put that horse in your final contender grouping.Then using all his pp's make him the fastest he can be. Then try to beat him.

Each individual reading this will get the most benefit if they are familiar with:
1) Projecting a pace 1c and 2c
2) Are practiced and familiar with the 4 Mind's Eye threads that are found here. If you practice that routine you will do more for your learning of Jim's Matchup Concepts.

Those Mind's Eye threads have started everyone's INDIVIDUAL intuitive processes going. Those threads ALL had the first call as the focal point of your intuitive beginnings. Not by coincidence the importance of the first call has been written about by the Hat for over 20 years.

THIS thread continues the intuitive development bringing in the 2nd call, recognizing multi line patterns and leaving the "Winning Look" for each of YOUR Mind's Eye's to "see".
Old 08-20-2008, 04:16 PM   #4
Turbulator
Grade 1

Thanks, Richie.
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2008, 06:54 AM   #5
RichieP
Grade 1

“Intuition is a combination of historical (empirical) data, deep and heightened observation and an ability to cut through the thickness of surface reality. Intuition is like a slow motion machine that captures data instantaneously and hits you like a ton of bricks. Intuition is a knowing, a sensing that is beyond the conscious understanding — a gut feeling. Intuition is not pseudo-science.” Abella Arthur

The Mind's Eye threads have started everyone's INDIVIDUAL intuitive processes going. Those threads ALL had the first call as the focal point of your intuitive beginnings. Not by coincidence the importance of the first call has been written about by the Hat for over 20 years.

THIS thread continues the intuitive development bringing in the 2nd call, recognizing multi line patterns and leaving the "Winning Look" for each of YOUR Mind's Eye's to "see".
Old 08-21-2008, 12:40 PM   #6
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Questions in follow up to original lesson post:

1. The 6 horse is one among few horses with several lit up lines that match the projected pace. Is there or should there be a minimum number of attempts at whatever today's pace is in order to apply this lesson? I could see that you might apply this from the results of just the 2nd and 3rd line back, but without the comfort of line 8.

2. When you say, "Combine the best of everything he's got" do you mean that we should open our minds that this horse is a legitmate contender or are you challenging use to project a time better than previously recorded because we've used the best 1c and 2c times?

I can see that the winner was tandem with the 6 and that once you set the 1c and 2c fractions, no one positionally would challenge what, in effect, was a lone early horse.

As always, appreciate all inputs,

Bill
Old 08-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #7
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lyster View Post
2. When you say, "Combine the best of everything he's got" do you mean that we should open our minds that this horse is a legitimate contender
Bill
YES.

Then do exactly what the quote says to do.

Then try to beat what you have created.

"Look around" a bit. Quietly. This race might "talk to" some of you as indicated in this thread to stay away from horses like #6 in this scenario.

Act IMMEDIATELY on first impressions/thoughts. The easiest thing to write and for ME the hardest thing to do CONSISTENTLY. The single biggest key to winning using Hat's concepts.

With a relaxed environment and quiet mind the ability to recognize patterns of success and act on one's first impression and thought. That's the Matchup.

Last edited by RichieP; 08-21-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:18 AM   #8
Bill V.
The egg man

ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
Morning JL.
Would anyone like to take a shot at the gentleman's questions before I chime in?
Hello Richie and JL

Code:
b) Quiet RELAXED mind not preoccupied with other things. That's the internal part.
Richie are you showing this race example because in your mind
you were not "preoccupied with other things"
Because you thought about it being a contest race
and you might have had that in your way

Is the answer to do all races in

Hope that makes sense
Bill

*** YES!!!!!!*** RichieP

Last edited by RichieP; 08-29-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:36 AM   #9
RichieP
Grade 1

JL Smith

JL Smith

Here it is step by step amigo

1) Here are 2 lines against today's proj pace of 21.8 and 44.6
Attached Images

Old 08-29-2008, 08:38 AM   #10
RichieP
Grade 1

2) The bottom race the horse FOUGHT for MULTI calls and dies at the end. The more recent race the horse runs well using his NORMAL Ote style.
Attached Images