Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 08-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Fairplex Code Change = BSR

I am informed that Equibase has 'agreed to a request from management' of Fairplex to rename the track code from FPX to --> BSR (What, 'an offer they couldn't refuse' ... sheesh!?)

Beginning with their Autumn meet on September 6, Fairplex will be known as 'Barretts Race Meet at Fairplex' and will carry the new track code of BSR. Race Results, downloaded TrackMaster race cards and Past Performance lines going forward will use the new track code. Previous FPX PP lines will remain unchanged (so, watch out for shippers from FPX to BSR ).

In the RDSS Data Centre, to find the upcoming 2013 Autumn Fairplex meet (i.e. following Del Mar) don't look under the existing FPX listing - instead look for the new entry in the All Tracks List 'BSR (right-click to edit)'. As the label suggests, right-click it to edit the name to (for example) Fairplex!

Existing versions of RDSS2 and all existing databases will need an addition to recognize this new track code. As with previous track code changes (e.g. PRX, BHP), please download the following file and place it in your RDSS2 folder (right-click, Save Link As):

TRACK_CODE_UPDATE.CSV

If you have successfully placed this file in your RDSS2 folder, the next time you load RDSS2, you'll see the following messages at start-up:

Name:  BSR1.png
Views: 511
Size:  21.9 KB Name:  BSR2.png
Views: 510
Size:  27.2 KB

If you don't see these messages, it means you actually didn't place that downloaded file in your RDSS2 folder, so please try again. (The 2nd message simply informs you that it worked and that the instruction file was renamed to something containing today's date so that the update instructions are not processed every time you load RDSS2).

Future versions of RDSS2 and all future example and new databases will recognize the new code.

Any questions about the above instructions, please ask them here. Any irritations regarding this , please send them to Equibase (not TrackMaster - they just get a memo, and data, from Equibase).

I'm sure this will only cost (collectively) a few days out of our lives to deal with this silly and self-serving annoyance courtesy of Fairplex management ...

Onwards.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 08-09-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Just a reminder about this. Fairplex begins its fall meet on Friday Sept 6 with its new track code. To download and handicap Fairplex 2013 races, you have to add the new BSR track code, as described above.

As of this writing, Friday's card is not yet available to download from TrackMaster so even if you perform the above steps, BSR - Fairplex will not show up in the Data Centre All Tracks list until there is a card to download.

I'll watch for Friday's card (should be this afternoon or tomorrow) and report here when I can download it in RDSS.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 09-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Fairplex ( BSR ) Friday Sept 6 card is now available to download.

If you have added the new track code to RDSS using the steps in Post #1 above, it will show up as normal.

Name:  BSR2.png
Views: 381
Size:  44.8 KB

Name:  bsr.png
Views: 421
Size:  40.6 KB

R
DSS -
Old 09-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
mildeu
AlwNW3X

Changes & updates

H Ted and all,
I had encountered issues with the resent BSR FPX update. Probably due to my formidble computer skills.
So I uninstalled and re-loaded, ran the BSR FLX up-date,witch worked out OK.
However, I lost the tandem-match-up tab, Maybe you can help.
Next, maybe being addressed already, I would appreciate your investigation into moving the Purse/Win columns (top window, far right) to the left several slots or place a horizontal scroll bar for that window.
Next would be to add the HORSES # to the right of the segments screen, I personally lose the association after srolling to the right, as it were.
Other than that I have no pressing issues.

Thnk You
mildeu

Last edited by mildeu; 09-06-2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: spelling
mildeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildeu View Post
H Ted and all,
I had encountered issues with the resent BSR FPX update. Probably due to my formidible computer skills.
So I uninstalled and re-loaded, ran the BSR FPX up-date,witch worked out OK.
Thank You
mildeu
mildeu,

Glad you got the FPX code update to work. I started a separate thread to answer your other questions, which are unrelated to this current Topic.

Here: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9378

Ted

R
DSS -