Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Old 10-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
Bill V.
The egg man

+ 0 (+)

Here are really good simple guidelines from the yellow manual

Really does not take long to do these for each horse As long as your consistant this is a "plus"

I have been using this.
It has only helped

Name:  ScreenHunter_01%20May_%2016%2012_20.gif
Views: 378
Size:  103.3 KB
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
dlivery
Grade 1

Talking Excellant just what we needed...

Hi: Bill

I am very impressed with this selection process and works for my line selection.

We can use this as reminder to help us all determine the needed support of line selection.

Thank-You

Lawrence

dlivery
Old 10-21-2011, 06:22 AM   #3
shoeless
Grade 1

Bill,

Nice job posting that and a good way to notice form cycles.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
For The Lead
Grade 1

The "other" benefits

There is a lot I can say about this, but I'll try to make it as brief as possible.

IF a horse's PP's are all at the same track and each race is at the same approximate class level, distance and surface, then yes, you may be able to use this approach as a "form cycle" tool.

However, if the horse is moving up and down the class ladder, shifting from one distance to another, moving from one surface to another and moving from one track to another, then I would say the "form cycle" aspect is right out the window. All the switching around of class levels, surfaces, distances and tracks will hardly show you the correct form cycle. You are asking the horse to show you a form cycle when it is not being given the opportunity to show it to you.

The good news is, by marking each race with a +, 0 or 0+ (plus in a zero) and then paying attention to the class levels, surfaces and distances of those races, you may learn a lot more. Perhaps you will find a certain class level where the +'s, or 0+'s occur, or maybe certain distances or surfaces where they occur. Likewise, perhaps you will identify where they DON'T occur.

Actually, this procedure of marking races with a +, 0 or 0+ is a multi-tool to be used for identification of several things. Make "total" use of it.

Remember, when you was your clothes, the washing machine goes through "cycles". It fills, washes, drains, fills, rinses, drains and spins.
HORSES ARE NOT MACHINES!!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
Bill V.
The egg man

Fit

Hi FTL

Quote:
The good news is, by marking each race with a +, 0 or 0+ (plus in a zero) and then paying attention to the class levels, surfaces and distances of those races, you may learn a lot more. Perhaps you will find a certain class level where the +'s, or 0+'s occur, or maybe certain distances or surfaces where they occur. Likewise, perhaps you will identify where they DON'T occur.
To me this is the key.

"Appropriate Pace Line selection is essential to success in utilizing the Dynamics
of Incremental Velocity. I say appropriate rather than right or wrong because they
are morality terms.
Appropriate means a line that represents a contender's true ability and running
style when IN FORM. It should be a line where it ran competitively against the kind
of horses it will face today."

GS
Bill

Last edited by Bill V.; 10-21-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #6
shoeless
Grade 1

Doc was lucky to have such a devoted student as Bill that would keep the original methodology alive and to Ted as well for making improvements to the software.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:26 PM   #7
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
Hi FTL

To me this is the key.

"Appropriate Pace Line selection is essential to success in utilizing the Dynamics
of Incremental Velocity. I say appropriate rather than right or wrong because they
are morality terms.
Appropriate means a line that represents a contender's true ability and running
style when IN FORM. It should be a line where it ran competitively against the kind
of horses it will face today."

GS
Bill
You're right.
And if the horse's most recent lines have all "0" (zero's) next to them, I don't think it is a good idea to go further back to some old line. What would be the basis? If the horse has all recent "0" lines, that would certainly indicate it is not is form. Or possibly, has been racing over its' head. Either way, you have no indication as to what the horse's current state of form is.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #8
reckless
Grade 1

The best thing about doing +s zero's and (+) is that this exercise forces the handicapper to look at the horse's pp's in its entirety.

Too often in the technology driven environment we depend on, we often times gloss over the pp's, instead of giving a real serious look at the horse's history. The easiness of a single click comes at a price.

In the early days of The Methodology, a few teachers said: 'The real work of the Sartin Methodology begins before turning on the computer'.

A very good lesson, for sure.

I have also discovered that when I do the x's and o's and I encounter a horse with all +'s --from the bottom up-- but the immediate last race is an zero, that is a very compelling situation. I often eliminate the horse under most circumstances. This is a powerful signal of a horse going off form.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote