Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 08-21-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

What have I learned about RDSS lately?

Now this could be a book, as I have been taking in alot lately and believe t or not , I do remember some of it.

RDSS is definetely derived from Doc Sartin's Methodology, and Jim Bradshaw too, as well as all the others who at one time beacme Methodologist's too, way too many to list here.

What Makes this so special is that it is not a black box, oh no, you must make it your own, and you can use this tool in so many different ways, with all the options it has, and just talking to a few of you letely, everyone does just that.

Model making has many different possibilities, because the pacelines you choose may not be the one's someone else does, thus changing the results from one person to another. And last night I found out , still not sure how to use it, but that in the exported model info, it turns Pink to highlight info you would be interested in, who knew, not me, til last night.

Wager Decision Forms from past follow ups provide for those unsure of your wager decisions a way to evauluate them and see where you are most profitable, if used prorperly, this includes me, they are simple and easy to use. Now if I would just use them, who knows how high my win perceentage could go?

POW, Phscology of Winning, where else do you get the biggest part of handicapping discussed as we do here, to be a winner you must be a winner, is it that simple, Doc said Yes, and he seemed to know a little about this subject, so I will trust him on this. being in control mentally is the biggest part of being a winner, being happy with your life and confident in your selections, taking all the emotions out of your plays, the decision part of it at least, as Even Doc must have enjoyed it when his horse came in 1st, I know I do, especially at a price.

Another important aspect of this approach in consisitently doing the same thing over and over, trusting your PL selections and choosing your contenders the same all the time, this way you will see what is working thru the data gathered from your plays, where if you constantly changed your decision making you would never know , and or remember, what won and what method lost.

I could go on and on here and may come back yto add more, but some say I write too much as it is, and they hate to read these long winded post's, and I do listen to you, so for now I will end this 1st post on this subject.

RDSS to me is awesome, I still need some work to be done, like learning to use the Open Office Calc and doing the record-keeping that the winners here do, as few are winners without it, to win you must work at it, which includes all aspect of the Methodology, and yes that means a little work, but the rewards are well worth it, ask those who win , they will be happy to tell you'

God Bless
Patrick

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 08-21-2010 at 09:37 AM.
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
Bill V.
The egg man

Patrick

Thank you

Its because of you that I finally had me eyes open to the value of record keeping I still am not sold on modeling , But at least you got me to
make decision models and track profiles It has improved my ROI
greatly

Thanks for your letter to the group

Have a great time and listen to your peers and soak in the POW / The Sartin Methodology

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

'
Hey Bill

Glad I could help you figure that out , or at least the importance of it, most of the better Players keeps journals of everything and journals for different tracks too, pretty extensive, but they are winning and I am not, so...

Something else I picked up on this week past, is that I have been wasting my download time on Saratoga only, as well as Monmouth and Del Mar too, but really only playing 2 tracks, Saratoga mostly and some Monmouth, (for which I win more at Mon, than the Spa).

Yes The Spa is the hardest track in America to beat, no wonder I was losing here, everyone was losing here, it is a tough tough track, everyone, except Barb maybe, but she has her journal too, works hard and deserves the wins she got and you could see her working hard to find them all day long.

Everyone knows, I recently won the contest here, and what did I do, with unlimited downloads available to me, I only downloaded Saratoga Mostly and never really looked into what tracks might be worthy of playing, (worthy being profitable).

The Long story made short, I was an Idiot trying to beat Saratoga , when I had all the tracks in front of me, all of them and never once looked into them, sad very sad.

patrick

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 08-24-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:37 PM   #4
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Seems that recordkeeping , while needed is for some like me, very hard to do, even when I tried the Video Proffessor to learn Excell, I was unable to do so, sorry.

Now I got Open Office , why because it is free, I could afford it, can't yet afford Excell, but do really want to model a bit and record keep. It seems that many user's know it all, ( excell and programming stuff) and a few like me know nothing about it and we can not teach each other, and those who do know are too busy and were too bust this weekend too, of course, time was a premium, not enough of it to go around.

I need the following things to help me

Wager info needed
Track
Race Type and Distance ( example 8.3f MSW50k 2yr fillies or 5.5 Nw1 CL5k 3yr up)
Typa of Wager ( Win Dutch or exacta )

then to model with, just the BL/BL Screen info should be enough to model with no-Why?

WHY IS THIS

It would all fit into 1 page when modeling, right now the current export to model info is about 8-9 pages wide and can not be printed out or studied by me easily, what abpout you guys and gals? That is why...

Patrick

SO who could help me do this, and actually help me do it, by walking me thru it a dozen times or so till I got it, can eneter data and read it and then evauluate it and then print too, this I need to learn to do to be a winner, right, of course so..

patrick
Old 08-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #5
Bill V.
The egg man

Pad and Pencil

Patrick "If you don't have all the tools use the tools you have "

No law says you have to export and no rules say look at all the factors

My opinion KISS keep it simple why not just use a $1.00 spiral notebook
you can get at any dollar store

and make about 10 columns with the heading YOU and Only you feel are
worth modeling

just write down the rankings of about 6 factors you feel are vital to winning
Do this after each race. It wont take you much longer than it would
take to opening up Open Office, cutting and pasting and scrolling to the factor you want to track.

Ted is a great guy He is also making a product that everybody can use. He has a wide range of clients who want things. That does not mean you must
use them
Just because some can and want to auto model every factor
If its not for you work with something that interest you

Barb is amazing. She works very hard and takes what she does very serious.
Her rewards are a result of the work she puts in

You will do much better once you focus on one thing
to do better than you did yesterday

the only thing that matters is your ROI

once you record your highest ROI in a 20 race cycle
You have a goal
That is to get a higher ROI
If you focus on that you will win

Last edited by Bill V.; 08-24-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:23 AM   #6
dlivery
Grade 1

Hi

Thank's for the great suggestion.

Glad you suggested this as this how I give a race a quickie going over X's & O's early, or OTE before I tighten the nuts and bolts to the race before using rdss
Old 08-25-2010, 11:21 AM   #7
alydar_ David
Grade 1

Patrick,

Looking at today's races I see 33 non-maiden Claiming and Allowance sprints. None of them are at Saratoga. One is at Del Mar.

You can handicap and win most of those races without a track model. Play only when the track is listed as "fast."

If you can't win those, then you probably shouldn't be betting real money.

You've already got the data. Free. Utilize it. Take advantage of the opportunity while you can.

This is beginning to sound like a broken record.
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:05 PM   #8
barb craven
Grade 1

Patrick, you saw my book. When I get the BL narrowed down to five horses,I list them in the book and put their running style to the left of the horses number. On the right I put the morning line odds and at the end of the race I put the final odds. I also record any notes I have pertinent to the race itself or any horse. I circle the winner and beside it I record what readouts were #1 or 2 on the BL screen and circle what level it was on the BL level. That way I can go back quickly if a similar race comes up and see if any readouts coincide.
I also do modeling, but this book is a quick reference for me and I do it religiously for every race. It goes everywhere with me (at least the current one) along with my computer.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:53 PM   #9
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Thank You Barb and David

Yes David at times it does sound repetitive and that is because it is.

That is part of this issue, I hear this and that and some takes hold and some doesn't, or I try to do it and things happen that prevent me from following up with, like modeling and my in ability to get the use of OO or Excell, who's fault, mine because I do not get the right training neccessary , and or do not quit my job and dedicate more time to this, which has crossed my mind, only briefly.

Also how do you find the number of races and type so that I could at least download AND PRACTICE THEM, please.

Patrick
Old 08-26-2010, 03:07 AM   #10
alydar_ David
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver View Post
Thank You Barb and David

Yes David at times it does sound repetitive and that is because it is.

That is part of this issue, I hear this and that and some takes hold and some doesn't, or I try to do it and things happen that prevent me from following up with, like modeling and my in ability to get the use of OO or Excell, who's fault, mine because I do not get the right training neccessary , and or do not quit my job and dedicate more time to this, which has crossed my mind, only briefly.

Also how do you find the number of races and type so that I could at least download AND PRACTICE THEM, please.

Patrick
Patrick, let's break this down.

1) You get a new toy/tool/gizmo/instrument/device. It's only natural to play with it, hit all the buttons, chime all the bells, make everything light up, see what different things do, etc. It's going to take a while to process all this.

2) Then when you feel reasonably confident you look at other ways to press all those buttons.

(And if this is me, and it's a gambling gizmo, then I'm losing small amounts of money the entire time I'm practicing...which is okay, I chalk that up to part of the learning experience...it's expected, a cost of doing business).

3) You start winning. And winning. You now become overconfident and really start sending it in. You get the "King of the World," "can't lose," "this is easy," "I'll quit my job" feeling.

4) Reality comes rudely knocking at your door; you start losing and with that your confidence goes down the drain. The harsh realization that you're not going to win all the time sets in. Drat. Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

5) Now you more or less start over looking for the "perfect" solution.

6) You have now entered an endless loop.

How do you get out of this? Focus. Take baby steps.

Don't start off thinking you're going to win the Kentucky Derby superfecta. Optimism is fine, but let's toss in a bit of reality. Okay? Start off with baby steps. Turn $200 into $400 by making small win bets. $6 to win and $4 to win. If you're not comfortable with that then bet $3 to win and $2 to win.

Double your bankroll before you even think of playing exotics.

You need direction. You need to develop confidence. You need to build a bankroll.

Get a teacher. Or, find a mentor. Or, figure out a plan.

My suggestion to you was to only play claiming and allowance sprints because they are the easiest to win using pace-oriented software like Sartin programs.

Double your bankroll then consider adding other races to your repertoire if you want. But baby steps first.

One way you could go is to watch Ted's videos over and over until you fully understand what he's doing. Adapt his approach. Make it your own.

You could also concentrate on doing the match-up without software. Although this is very difficult, requires a lot of time and not many people can do it well (I sure can't). Still, that's another way to go.

You could look at Binder's Val approaches (Bill V) and do exactly what he does. He even spells it out for you step-by-step.

All these things work, Patrick. Try them on for size, find one you're comfortable with and make it work for you.

The point is to pick one course of action and see it through. Stick to it.

Hang in there, Patrick. Remember the old cartoon, "Slowly I turn, step by step..."

Ted can probably tell you the easiest way to find claiming and allowance sprints.

One way would be to download everything, open the cards and look for them.

Here are the first two cards for today. Open them and you can see what's available.
Attached Images

alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote