Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 08-05-2017, 11:23 AM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

P.I.D. - Sunday night 8/6

Here is tomorrow night's 3rd race from Presque Isle going 5.5f on their Tapeta surface. Kind of interesting makeup of runners please feel free to jump in!

Attached Images

Old 08-05-2017, 11:26 AM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1

the field
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2017, 11:28 AM   #3
RichieP
Grade 1

best of luck/skill!
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2017, 07:57 PM   #4
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
I like the 6 to wire the field with the 2 or 5 in the second slot.

If I had to pick a 2nd horse, I would reluctantly go to the 5.

Good luck tomorrow.
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 04:33 PM   #5
Blackrose
AlwNW2X

Guys I know it's a filly & mare race but was thinking horse as I wrote this so used he. Then I realized half way through should have used she.

My Picks would be the 7 & 1a

Earlies 4,6

Pace of the race comes off the 4's last race. Similar distance, same surface and track, was the leader. I will be looking for a first fraction around 22.8 and a POR of around 167. Sorry can't stack this is the best I can do.

4 Almost always breaks 1 or moves for the lead. Hasn't really been that competitive at 167 unless slower first call.

6 throws faster first fractions, looks like the fastest first fractions of all horses. Wins on the lead. Should be the logical wire to wire winner, but I don't think he is the same horse. Last 2 races failed get the lead or move to the lead by the turn. Last race ran a 46.1 2nd call after a pretty good first fraction. He seems to be tiring. Plus he will run on the outside of the 4. I think both of these horses knock each other off. I am looking for a horse who runs around 3-4 back against 22.8 167 POR.

Pressers 1,2,3,5,7

1. Fits the profile last year but only win was against 164. out but I really liked this horse

2 Fails to be in the money against 167 or better POR. Never won a race against sub 23 1st call. Last year was an early horse seems to have changed running styles. Won last race with a higher POH vs POR, best race ever. So today the same horse is going to have to run even better? His last three races seem to be the best of his career. Is he a derby horse? Stakes horse? He is going to run his 4 best races in a row. Maybe the Cannucks win the cup. Out

3. Similar to 2. He might be an early horse. Richie what do you think? If he is early then out wins 166. The times he ran 167 or better weren't really competitive. 3rd in a 5 horse field. 2nd in 6 horse field beaten by more than 3 lengths. Out

5. Sould be the favorite the boss horse. fits profile. Coming off a win going for 3rd win in a row. None of these horses seems to be able to win 3 in a row. Heck 2 in a row is amazing. Last race was awesome too good to be true ran POH faster than POR. That doesn't happen often. He did that back line 9. Wow!! Okay next race line 8 was same track, distance, and surface. 21 days later going up in claiming ladder i would think sharply. Poof he chokes fails to it hit the board. Just like todays race. Out

7. Fits Profile wins at 167.4 Presses from 2-3 back. Is shipping in from Mnr where he is the boss horse, low odds favorite most of the time. Just no poly lines. If those lines were poly he would be the standout horse. So probably figures to contend. Don't really know how to compare poly and dirt. How do you do that Richie?

Sustained 1a

1a. He has run on the turf mainly but has been successful on the poly. Wins against 167 POR and sub 22.8 first call. Could be dangerous

Have no idea how to look at or really do the tandems? Are they relevant for this race?
Blackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 04:57 PM   #6
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Pass

As you said once Richie in one of the posts in Hat Check, there's no shame in passing and that's what I've got to do here.

The 6 is a concern for me. It's proven it can take the lead faster than any other, but it's recent race failed to do so in a slower time that it has proven it can.
Either 6 turns up or it doesn't, but either way it will have an impact for good or bad on the outcome of this race. Too hard to call for me.

Jimmy said not to readily forgive a bad race, so perhaps the 6 is going off form?

We'll see.

Good skill all.
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 06:08 PM   #7
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

I'm going to watch the PID race anyways.......
We're going to have a stewards about the whoever it playing the on track music.
A-Ha - Take On Me?????????????
Behave yourselves!!
They need to talk to the NYRA or Delta Downs people I think!
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 06:09 PM   #8
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
The 5 and 6 are going off at 7/5, so no value there. I backwheeled the 2 with the 5 and 6 in the exacta for a price?
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 06:15 PM   #9
The Pook
Grade 1

The 6 is the early of the early. Could wire. Had a nice gain against the projected first quarter in last race. If 6 succumbs it could easily be to the entry mates.

6,1 @ 60/40

Pook
Attached Images

The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 06:19 PM   #10
Bill V.
The egg man

Tough

Hi Rich

This one is too tough The 5 and 6 are being hammered so there is no value there. The 6 looks like a neg dump so I don't mind if that one rebounds and wins.

The 1A looks good but can repeat that line 10 or line 4 turf effort?

The 7 is solid but has no poly wins showing ?

The 2 and 3 rate well for me but they are 3-year-olds running against older
and I am not sure about the 2 winning two in a row

No doubles available
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote