Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS Info, Reference
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS Info, Reference How to obtain RDSS2, get started and learn to use it. (Video and other tutorials)

Old 09-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Release Notes - Version 0.99.0

Hello Folks,

I have released an update to RDSS, Version 0.99.0 This update is required to handle the new track code assigned to the upcoming Oak Tree at Hollywood Park meet, which code is OTH. You need this update to work races from this meet, or to view OTH running lines in any horse's future Past Performances. (Why they could not have simply used HOL is a mystery, the same mystery as track code OSA for previous Oak Tree at Santa Anita meets, instead of simply SA).

Note: This update is not RDSS 2.0!

The Oak Tree at Hollywood meet does not begin until September 30, so existing installations will not see OTH listed in the current Data Centre All Tracks list until those race cards are available from TrackMaster. Then, the new code will show up as 'OTH (right-click to edit)' when the cards are available - then just edit the entry to 'Oaktree HOL'. For new installs, the entry will already be there.

Besides the above primary change re OTH, there is only one other minor change to this update:

The Main window status line changes to show the current Track and Race # when you switch to a race. This was a little thing I added late last year to support a workaround for the problem of not having more than one race open at the same time, so I decided to leave it in this update. You can open multiple copies of RDSS each showing a different race and switch among them. On your task bar, the minimized icons show which race is current in which RDSS instance. There are a few caveats on making this trick work, and they are discussed in this post: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6290

Here is what you might see:

Name:  rdss1.gif
Views: 1503
Size:  8.5 KB

Name:  rdss2.gif
Views: 1525
Size:  8.7 KB

Other than the above, there are NO other changes - the software runs the same as the previous version (0.98.8) - warts and all!

Registered RDSS users may download this update from the Download Area, here (login, if asked):
RDSS Download Area Name:  arrow.gif
Views: 1410
Size:  2.1 KB

Note:
this update will NOT overwrite any data you have currently, or any Configuration or Registration settings. You don't have to re-register it - just install over top of your existing version and start using it.

If you find you are having problems with it (i.e. different than any previous problems), you can re-install the previous version if you like from the Download Area. But please report any issues in this separate Bug Topic I set up. I have done a mockup test card for OTH and everything looked normal. Plus, several folks have tested this for a few weeks and reported no problems, but you never know...

One other (vaguely) related note: I will update the 2010 RDSS Demo Database in the next week or so. It will feature races from this year from ALL North American tracks: 7 consecutive days from EVERY meet, generally later in the meet. I'll make another announcement when it's ready.

Good luck, fingers crossed!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 09-15-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote