Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 01-23-2007, 06:27 PM   #11
RichieP
Grade 1

Finally the BL/BL screen dressed to the 9's!

Let's see what happens

Richie
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2007, 08:35 PM   #12
Ted Craven
Grade 1

One more screen, same pacelines: the TPR + Early/Late Differential (corrected )
Attached Images

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 01-24-2007 at 08:34 AM. Reason: oops, wrong image, sorry!
Old 01-24-2007, 07:59 AM   #13
Forego
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
One more screen, same pacelines: the TPR + Early/Late Differential

something is wrong here ted.

the 7 is showing 6 point epr advantage over next best while both perceptor and blbl show him ranked 3rd.

on lpr the 7 shows 2 and 3 point advantge over the extracted lines of the 4 on perceptor screen. on this screen the edge is 20 points.

Last edited by Forego; 01-24-2007 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:37 AM   #14
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forego View Post
something is wrong here ted.
Indeed! I was working with another set of numbers and got the images confused. I changed it for the correct screenshot, which I think now agrees with Perceptor and BL/BL.

Thanks Forego for the attentiveness, and apologies for being sloppy!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-24-2007, 01:56 PM   #15
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Result
Attached Images

R
DSS -
Old 01-25-2007, 07:18 PM   #16
Houndog
Grade 1

TPR + E/L Screen

Ted, I really like that screen. Is this a new screen, or an upgrade from the E/L screen? Also on the far right of this screen the TOT is for Total Energy. Am I correct about this?

I was also wondering which screen is your favorite, after picking your pacelines? Also would be interested in your BETA testers commenting on which screens they use the most. This program is really coming along.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:23 PM   #17
Houndog
Grade 1

TPR + E/L Screen Model

Seems to me this would be a great screen to model. Some very good information on this screen.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:36 PM   #18
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Mike,

It's just the same old E/L screen from Synthesis, Validator, Speculator dressed for the new Millenium. The E/L differential is EPR-LPR (or EPR-FFR, if you prefer): look it up in Pace Makes the Race. I'm just breaking out the components for those who enjoy the TPR concept. Same thing.

Yes, per the traditional Val, Spec screen, Total Energy shows at the far right. I'd shoehorn in Visual Running Style and ESP if I could find the room. I wish everyone were using 1280 x 1024 display screens.

For me, after contenders and a Match Up, I go straight to Perceptor, but now I also check the VDC rank on BL/BL just to see who'se improving off deceleration. I always pay attention to E/L but I'm sprinkling this readout fairly liberally throught the new software, so it's on several screens now.

There are others, but so far, the majors for me. A proper matchup and race shape determination helps chop down the crowd, but I worry about chopping too far, eliminating the Place and other money horses. So my readouts tend to have lots of horses, but I'm trying to organize these into groups: Win, Place, in-the-money.

There's only a few other testers right now (and one of them is busy at the moment in Las Vegas...), but come on down the rest of you.

The beta group should open up more next month.

Thanks for your comments!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-25-2007, 07:39 PM   #19
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndog View Post
Seems to me this would be a great screen to model. Some very good information on this screen.
Agreed, per Tim's Speculator post: http://bindfold.com/forums/showpost....19&postcount=5

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 01-25-2007, 07:41 PM   #20
Houndog
Grade 1

Thanks Ted

Ted, thanks for the comments and observations. This program would be a natural for the 19" LCD monitors which have come way down in price. The "native" resolution is 1280 x 1024 for these monitors.