Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 01-31-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
torrejon
AlwNW2X

Question is there an explanation chart that explains all the fields inside RDSS software?

I,m new to RDSS, and most of the fields names I don't understand what they mean, and therefore I can't use the values properly !

Some are preatty easy and logical, but the mayority are not, at least for the new comer like myself!

Is there a chart that explains all the fields in every tab, and what value that that particular field represents?

Kind regards!

Rafael.-
Old 01-31-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
Nets
Grade 2

This may help:
http://www.paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5609
Old 01-31-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
torrejon
AlwNW2X

Thank you very much Nets !!!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Here is another:
http://www.paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5003

The best and most comprehensive descriptions (so far) come from Follow Ups #70+ in the Sartin Library.

FWIW, later this week I should be able to post a new Video Seminar conducted in 1998 by Doc Sartin, which goes over many of the terms as well as lots of relatively modern concept from the Methodology. Stay tuned.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 01-31-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
torrejon
AlwNW2X

Thank so much Ted !

Kind regards !

RS
Old 01-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
torrejon
AlwNW2X

Ted a quick question, after reading the glossary that you and Nets kindly let me know existed, I still could not find the definition for SC in the Velocity window, and my curiosity is because, I find it to be a figure that is very good in finding possible winners !

Well, thanks again !

RS
Old 01-31-2012, 06:49 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Rafael,

Welcome to PaceandCap! (I have fond memories of trekking in the deep south of Venezuela around Angel Falls, also beyond Merida in the Andes!)

SC stands for Second Call. In this Pace of Horse Velocity screen, it is the average velocity (feet per second, adjusted) from the beginning of the race through the 2nd call point (4f for sprints and 6f for routes). The information is shown using other numbers (though the same rankings) on other screens: SC on the Segments screen and EPR (more or less) on the TPR+E/L screen and BLBL screen summary.

You are right that it is a valuable indicator of a horse's ability to position itself by this critical marker in a race (different percentage of race completion according to distance) - BUT, it's general usefulness is subject to what performance it is able to render in the important Final Fraction (F3), and relative to what other horses are doing in their own 2nd call relative to final fraction efforts (the complexity of the matchup and relative energy disbursements).

I also suggest you keep a model of factors which are Composite factors, such as CPR, TPP, and importantly BLBL and VDC, which include BOTH the effect of 2nd call performance AND 3rd fraction performance and the critical deceleration in the 3rd fraction relative to the 2nd call performance.

You can either simply observe these factors in any given race, or also model them by surface, track and distance or distance structure using the Export to Excel feature. For more on modeling, please see the Release Notes for that version - V0.99.1 I think - as well as Richie's excellent (and humorous) video. You don't have to do modeling of factors, but it is an advanced piece of the puzzle.

Hope this adds light, rather than confusion!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 01-31-2012, 07:43 PM   #8
torrejon
AlwNW2X

Ted thank you so much ! Awesome piece of info for me !

I´ve just arrived to RDSS and the forum, and as of now, I´m loving the software and above all, the way I feel in your community, you make me feel "at home" ! Make me feel that " I belong" and I´m among a wonderful group of friends, that have known each other for a long time !

Thank so much for being so kind with me !

I love the fact that you know my country and have being here ! You can consider me a friend, and if by any chance, you decide to come to visit us again, I will be more than happy to show you around !!!

Thank you once again !!!

RS

Tags
chart, explanation, fields, glossary, rdss