Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 06-16-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Match Up Analysis of Belmont Stakes

A gentleman who has been reading the Match Up 2 book sent me this analysis of the 2010 Belmont Stakes, and I thought I would post it for commentary from more experienced matchers than I.

Name:  bel0605-11.gif
Views: 473
Size:  28.6 KB

Quote:
FYI: downloaded Brisnet hard copy and did a 15 min analysis on the Belmont using the match up and for my vision it was unbelievably clear, Winner was my only choice on top and runner-ups as listed

I attempted to keep my form clean as Mr Bradshaw suggests and let the intuitive juices flow...... and I ended up:

Potential early speed outside in the #11 and # 12; they will both need to get away and clear headed into the turn; after they do this they will back off and attempt to save horse compromising their momentum; everybody to the inside was pretty docile; #1,2,& 3 no recent action on the track and a mile and a half is not a race to work into; #4 poly horse and slow; #5 and 6 worked "H" fast at the wrong track and surface for the race and distance; with #5 acceptable in the exotics off the nice move last out over the track; #7 the dead chalk in that race had a apparent excuse, "broke slow; blocked 3/8" which is killer for a grinder; always gaining, at every call, with a good trip, could return the favor on the #5; also liked the jockey change to a momentum rider; oh yeah the nice odds 13+ compared to last out at .70; and always like to see a 5f work around 1:00- 59+ as last work - ready; not too fast and not too slow; actually pretty darn good for an ole grinder; #8 success at LS - out; #9 only score at 40-1 on the poly; #10 forward momentum but stuck at 94 works slow; #11 nice out last at 103 on speed favoring track but others weak; #12 lack of action, turfer, synthetic.......

Left me with the # 7 as the Cold Hard good Trip horse in the rocking chair, in shape with speed and a smart Jockey........threw the obvious underneath for the exotics.......#5, #6 & 11

Not much of a Match Up or is it.....
Name:  bel0605-11cht.gif
Views: 432
Size:  15.7 KB

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:06 AM   #2
JEFF KENT
LONE FRONTRUNNER

Good Matching

As I posted in the triple crown wagering contest,my only 2 contenders were Drosselmeyer and Ice box.

Woulda,coulda,shoulda, I boxed these 2 in a EXACTA box being behind in the contest,Drosselmeyer,scored highest on my "VALIDATOR manual"

As with any method seperating the final contenders can be tricky. I have tried most everything,but I cannot match like the "HAT"

Try this it work,s the best for me run "MATCHING" powerlines thru Val OR RDSS bet is the highest score on VALIDATOR,if tied seperate with 2nd call speed on match up graph,this eliminates the woulda,coulda,shoulda factor.Old matching powerlines that are way out of line with its current form cycle watch out!! Beware of projections and long lay offs

Iam up to 2,000 matched races since hats book came out,this method is "ROCK SOLID"
JEFF KENT is offline   Reply With Quote