Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 10-11-2007, 02:09 PM   #1
Turbulator
Grade 1

Question for Bill

Hi Bill,

I have a question: in this screen shot what pace line (if any) would you select for the following horse.

The reason I ask is because of something you said in the first Go To Meeting. I don't think I was paying close enough attention at the time.

Anyway, do you think the most recent line is a fluke? I included the raw speed ratings too.

Notice that if you include the 6 he becomes the top horse, but the 5 now becomes a "Binder Improver." (In your Binder Improver races do you still bet two horses to win?)

There is also a BL/BL screen shot if you don't rate the 6.

Thanks
Attached Images

Old 10-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #2
mufasa
Grade 1

quote"Notice that if you include the 6 he becomes the top horse, but the 5 now becomes a "Binder Improver." (In your Binder Improver races do you still bet two horses to win?)"end of quote

It looks like I have missed something: what is a Binder Improver? Can someone direct me to the post in which this item is discussed.

Thanks,

Robert
Old 10-11-2007, 08:29 PM   #3
RichieP
Grade 1

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
It looks like I have missed something: what is a Binder Improver? Can someone direct me to the post in which this item is discussed.
Thanks,
Robert
"Mu"
Bill will lay it all out for you. He is EXTREMELY busy with work.

All I will say is i watched him take $20.00 and run it up to over a grand using his "method". Saw it with my own eyes and was amazed at his CONSISTENCY.

This while all around him at the Meadowlands(back when we would go there constantly and hook up) there was scorn and wise ass comments from a couple of folks that it was ridiculous.

It works man
Richie
Old 10-12-2007, 02:45 AM   #4
Turbulator
Grade 1

One More.
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2007, 06:27 AM   #5
admin
Administrator

Bi

Hi Steve and Robert

I am sorry I am stuck on the road We are getting clobbered by

strorms and flash floods I see your post and I want and I will need some time to
answer the questions

I will be off the road soon. Richie thanks for the nice words
Real quick The Binder Improver is a tier 4 or 5 on BLBL
that improves to VDC # 1

Thanks I will catch up soon
GS
Bill
Old 10-12-2007, 12:12 PM   #6
froggy
Grade 1

Turbulator,
I know you asked this question of Bill, but I can't help myself, I am going to give you my answer that has been very successful for me.

Haw 24 Feb race #3:
Bud Symonds pace line was from an off track (gd).
Whenever I use an off track pace line I lose almost every time.

What does the BL/BL and VDC look like after you use a different pace line from a ft?

I don't know what exactly the Binder Improver method is, but in going back over my records I find that betting against the top two VDC is a loosing proposition and when one is not in the top two BL/BL they usually pay good money.

Froggy

The Frogman is back from house hunting for a while.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #7
Turbulator
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy View Post
Turbulator,
I know you asked this question of Bill, but I can't help myself, I am going to give you my answer that has been very successful for me.

Haw 24 Feb race #3:
Bud Symonds pace line was from an off track (gd).
Whenever I use an off track pace line I lose almost every time.

What does the BL/BL and VDC look like after you use a different pace line from a ft?
Froggy, I've posted a screen shot of the adjusted speed ratings for the 6 horse. Which line (if any) would you pick?

The first line, which you noticed (and I overlooked) was from a "good" track with an 85 speed rating. [One thing I'm very unclear of is why so many "off" tracks get such high speed ratings. I've always looked at sloppy tracks as a fast track.]

Anyway, I originally asked Bill about this because that 85 is the horse's highest speed rating (by 3 points) in all of his PPs. I remember (vaguely) him saying something about being very careful about using a lifetime high number--or something to that effect--so that's why I posted my original question. I guess I could rephrase it by asking what he would do with that line if it was from a good track instead of an off one. Would he use it, discard it, or discard the horse?

I then compared that speed rating to the original unadjusted TM speed rating and I saw that he earned an 86, which is kind off the chart vis-a-vis his other "original" speed ratings. So I was wondering...was that last line a fluke?

I know Bill doesn't look at original numbers, so I did just did it as a kind of check. Basically, I'm just trying to learn how "you guys" pick pace lines Sartin style, so while practicing matching up races, I also started looking at them from a Sartin point of view--and comparing contenders, pace lines, results, etc. This situation caught my eye, so I just kinda threw it out there.

But because I felt this line might be aberrant, I also posted a shot of BL/BL with him eliminated. Bottom line: if you use that last line he ranks number 1, and if you use any other line he ranks last...once again reaffirming that pace line selection is all important.
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2007, 02:29 PM   #8
admin
Administrator

Binder Method Explained Video clip

Hello here is a example of the binder method
might look best quality in full screen mode
http://www.bindfold.com/videos/bindimp2.wmv
Old 10-13-2007, 02:54 PM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Bill,

Very succint! It's also exactly what you demonstrated in the last web meeting. Congratulations. With more of these, your delivery business will only be delivering to the bank.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 10-13-2007, 05:14 PM   #10
admin
Administrator

Bi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Bill,

Very succint! It's also exactly what you demonstrated in the last web meeting. Congratulations. With more of these, your delivery business will only be delivering to the bank.

Ted
or at least get a new phone LOL

Thanks Ted

I felt bad that the meeting video got mangled
so I made this one

As soon as I come across another BI I will post the results

GS
Bill