Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 07-16-2007, 11:12 AM   #11
RichieP
Grade 1

horse 8
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2007, 11:13 AM   #12
RichieP
Grade 1

horse 9
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2007, 11:16 AM   #13
RichieP
Grade 1

Take your time and check the lines that are marked as the power lines. This race is fairly simple as far as the lines being recent.

Other races the power lines can be deep in the horses pp's. Then a few things or "checks" have to be done to justify getting to that line but for now let's handle the race shown.

Jim will come on in a day or so and explain what he does with them.

A "Power Line" is the fastest pace of race showing where the horse finished competitively. Regardless of track or where it is in the past performances.

Richie
Old 07-16-2007, 01:44 PM   #14
mufasa
Grade 1

Richie:

First let me say thanks a million to you and “The Hat” for this advanced training on use of the Match Up. Pace line selection is always the most critical aspect of most methodologies and here we will be getting it directly from the people who know best.

Your statement [quote] A "Power Line" is the fastest pace of race showing where the horse finished competitively. Regardless of track or where it is in the past performances. [end of quote] is straight forward enough. The immediate problem that I have is what happens when the horse has not run at today’s distance, especially if it is an early runner? Or if the horse has run at several distances would you just utilize the competitive race at today’s distance (I would think so).

I know that you and JB do not like to use too much adjusting but in the case of regulating the pace call times for different distances what is the best approach? Right now I have a problem with the RDSS equalization, normalization, and adjustment of races at different distances as to the Match UP. It seems that in some cases the pace call times are adjusted beyond reason. For example so times the 2nd call in a sprint is adjusted to 42 or even 41 which is super fast.

Sorry for the winded post but this is a very interesting subject,

Robert
Old 07-16-2007, 04:54 PM   #15
mufasa
Grade 1

Smile

[QUOTE=mufasa;21588]Richie:

First let me say thanks a million to you and “The Hat” for this advanced training on use of the Match Up. Pace line selection is always the most critical aspect of most methodologies and here we will be getting it directly from the people who know best.

Your statement
Quote:
A "Power Line" is the fastest pace of race showing where the horse finished competitively. Regardless of track or where it is in the past performances. [end of quote] is straight forward enough. The immediate problem that I have is what happens when the horse has not run at today’s distance, especially if it is an early runner? Or if the horse has run at several distances would you just utilize the competitive race at today’s distance (I would think so).

I know that you and JB do not like to use too much adjusting but in the case of regulating the pace call times for different distances what is the best approach? Right now I have a problem with the RDSS equalization, normalization, and adjustment of races at different distances as to the Match UP. It seems that in some cases the pace call times are adjusted beyond reason. For example so times the 2nd call in a sprint is adjusted to 42 or even 41 which is super fast.

Sorry for the winded post but this is a very interesting subject,

Robert

Rich:

As an addendum to my previous post on what is the best way to adjust the half mile/pace call time of a given Power Line for different distances then today’s (Route to Sprint or reverse). You had given me before on a final time adjustment for different distances 6.2/5 as a solid and proven figure to adjust final times. I am using this and thank you for that. I wonder if this would apply to adjusting the ½-mile time in a Power Line for different distances but of course a fraction of it. I am thinking maybe a half to one-third of the 6+ seconds.

Thanks,

Robert

Oh correction on quote: thanks 2 million with one for you and the other for JB.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:04 PM   #16
Turbulator
Grade 1

Richie,

I'm following along in the racing form. I'm with you so far except for the 9 horse. I picked the second race back instead of the third.

They were both competitive races. The second line has better early fractions. The only advantage the third line has, that I can see, is the final time. Is final time the reason you went with the third line?

Thanks
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2007, 05:18 PM   #17
Turbulator
Grade 1

Richie,

Three other questions:

1. None of these horses have every gone 1 1/4 miles. So I'm assuming you use races where horses have gone 1 1/8 miles for comparative purposes--if possible. In other words, do you give precedence to horses who have run the longer races?

2. Projecting pace: this presents a problem to me because of the distance. Some of the horses are going to have a fast pace because they ran 1 1/16 or 1 mile races. Others have gone 1 1/8. I'm assuming you use a 1 1/8 race to project the pace.

3. None of the power lines selected show a horse taking the lead. Even though there are a couple of earlies in the race, especially the 6, Indian Vale. This horse will most likely go to the front.

In that case why wouldn't you use a power line that has at least one of the horses taking the lead. Or does that even matter? What am I missing?

Thanks

Old 07-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #18
mufasa
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbulator View Post
Richie,

I'm following along in the racing form. I'm with you so far except for the 9 horse. I picked the second race back instead of the third.

They were both competitive races. The second line has better early fractions. The only advantage the third line has, that I can see, is the final time. Is final time the reason you went with the third line?

Thanks
Turbulator, I hope you do not mind my jumping in here.

As to the 9th race the 3rd line, the line that Rich picked as the Power Line, shows the horse handling the pace much better. That is position wise he is closer and position wise again moving against the pace in question better then in the 2nd race back.

Robert
Old 07-16-2007, 05:44 PM   #19
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
Richie:
The immediate problem that I have is what happens when the horse has not run at today’s distance, especially if it is an early runner? Or if the horse has run at several distances would you just utilize the competitive race at today’s distance (I would think so).
Robert
Use Jim's 6.2 seconds(in fifths) per 1/2 furlong to equalize distances "Mu". Here is the adjustment dealing with 8.3f distances

8f to 8.3f - add 4.2 seconds
8.3f - to 8.5f - add 2 seconds

going back from 8.3-8 and 8.5-8.3 the numbers would be subtracted.

Do NOT get tied up with focusing only on today's EXACT distance when looking for power lines ok? DO NOT.

Consider Hat's "universal adjustment" when mixing distances within the structure ( sprint/route). It is part of this amazing thing called Jim Bradshaw's matchup. Virtually NOBODY will do this.

Richie
Old 07-16-2007, 05:50 PM   #20
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
Right now I have a problem with the RDSS equalization, normalization, and adjustment of races at different distances as to the Match UP. It seems that in some cases the pace call times are adjusted beyond reason. For example so times the 2nd call in a sprint is adjusted to 42 or even 41 which is super fast.
Robert
"Mu"
The one thing Jim asks is that here in THIS area we do NOT discuss anything related to software and adjusted data readouts ok? Your question is better off posted in RDSS forum.

I use RDSS because I LOVE the paceline screen which shows the raw data in a format I like. The colors point to the earlies and I can assemble the lines on a screen to do some funny stuff with and also "match up". All this is done using only RAW data which is why I post it here.

Jim does NOT like the screen as the colors distract his eye from the whole past performance of the horse.

Richie