Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 04-01-2023, 04:09 PM   #71
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveEdwards View Post
Thank you very much for the detailed reply Ted,

I think I'll wait for the update. This is the sort of amendment that I would be nervous of doing myself just incase I messed anything up with RDSS. I'm sure it will be fine, but I'd rather not.

Thanks again.

No worries Dave - it's just the 'back-end' way of activating stuff I haven't put in the Config screen yet. You can't really screw things up, but if you like, email me your Configure.ini file and I'll add it for you.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 04:20 PM   #72
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

I've sent it. Hopefully it is the correct file.
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 02:51 PM   #73
DanBoals
Grade 1

Hi Ted,

Am using version 65 of RDSS and I love it.

How difficult would it be to add the trainer on the Trip screen between the jockey and the comment? For horses that are claimed a lot, seeing if the same trainer has claimed back the horse would be a nice thing to know.

Keep up the great work,

Dan
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 02:59 PM   #74
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Dan, glad you are enjoying this interim update!

I can add Trainer info to each past running line. TrackMaster only supplies info when a Trainer CHANGE occurs which by itself should be enough and the same as noting the trainer on each line (and the same info as provided by every public Past Performance listing). But by extrapolation - and just like Jockey info for each line - I can add the Trainer info to each line by noting change or absence of change of Trainer.

Has been on my list, but not too high up . For some update later this year!

Thanks,

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-07-2023, 11:51 PM   #75
DanBoals
Grade 1

Another thing about the interim update that is awesome are the vector numbers. You put them on the pace of horse screen, which was better than my suggestion of pace of race screen. I can now look at the speed the horse was running and the vectors at the same time to see how the vectors showing the horse's behavior were earned. This is turning out to be very useful.

Thank you,
Old 04-08-2023, 09:05 AM   #76
57viking
Grade 1

Ted , one thing I would find useful would be to be able to display 2 "analysis " screens at the same time.....or even 1 PP and 2 analysis ( probably only on a large monitor)

Jim
57viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 07:52 PM   #77
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57viking View Post
Ted , one thing I would find useful would be to be able to display 2 "analysis " screens at the same time.....or even 1 PP and 2 analysis ( probably only on a large monitor)

Jim
Tim - excellent idea! I've gotten lazy myself, as I have 2 monitors and can open a separate instance of RDSS on the same race to display multiple Analysis views, one on each screen. But we can be a bit more creative

Thanks for the suggestion!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-11-2023, 08:03 PM   #78
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoals View Post
Another thing about the interim update that is awesome are the vector numbers. You put them on the pace of horse screen, which was better than my suggestion of pace of race screen. I can now look at the speed the horse was running and the vectors at the same time to see how the vectors showing the horse's behavior were earned. This is turning out to be very useful.

Thank you,
Thanks for the feedback Dan! As I mentioned a little while ago, I am not promising these Pace Vector numbers are going to persist in RDSS past another formal update - until I get some solid feedback about their usefulness. I understand you (and a few others that I know of) are making use of them, but I don't know HOW, and whether it is more useful in some way than a number of other readouts we already have.

Looking forward to some kind of review (private or public) of WHY it's a good thing to have these

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 04-14-2023, 03:17 AM   #79
DanBoals
Grade 1

Hey Ted,

I have several Excel worksheets set up with macros that create the vector data for me automatically, so if you want to ditch it, I am generating it myself, so it will not impact me.

The manuals and the follow ups spend many, many pages talking about the vectors. I do not think anyone can sum up there usefulness in a paragraph or two. Howard and Jimmy both thought they were powerful and Jimmy credited his handicapping genius to making the vector charts of races and studying them.

I think they have value for people who are willing to put in the work, they are proving useful for me in analyzing races, but I understand if people don't want them in the software. You are running a business, I understand if you take them out.

I think the current interim release 65 of RDSS is the best version you have made to date. It is wonderful. I look forward to using your software for many years to come. Thank you for maintaining and updating it.

Dan
Old 04-14-2023, 02:40 PM   #80
57viking
Grade 1

Dan .... can you explain what the data means on an individual horse POH screen and for the race POH screen?
57viking is offline   Reply With Quote