Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...)
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Interactive Teaching & Learning - Race Conditions, Contenders, Pacelines, Advanced Concepts, Betting ...

Old 03-21-2016, 09:11 PM   #141
Jeebs
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairchild View Post
I know this is an older post so I am hoping someone will still answer my questions.
In this last race and in many other examples I have noticed that when the race is on a dirt track that a P or synthetic line is ok to use while a turf line isn't, why?
I have also noticed that often a good or a sloppy line is used when the track is fast, again why? When looking at the paceline manual it appears to say not to use a line with a different surface or track condition (muddy etc.).
I believe it falls under the "valid excuse for going beyond the last line" category. Sometimes you're forced to be creative. Of course, you can choose to pass races where the information is shaky at best. Hope this helps a little.
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:55 AM   #142
Latekick
Grade 1

In response to Fairchild,

I will use every type of track condition for a line except for sloppy or yielding. Its always just been a thing that works for me in my line selection and how i do things. It works very well for me, and i am more profitable than ever right now, so i know I'm doing things the right way. All i can say is once line selection becomes an intuition that can be repeated time and time again, your results ill being to greatly improve. My line selection is intuitive, and automatic now, and it has helped a bunch.
Latekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:28 PM   #143
Fairchild
AlwNW3X

Thank you both for your replies
Fairchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:37 PM   #144
Latekick
Grade 1

Also, i hope no one reads my comment as cocky or air headed. It may have seemed that way in reading it, but i do not mean to come off as cocky. This game has a way of humbling those who get to confident. The best players are those who lose, and win, with the same attitude. Just wanted to clear that up
Latekick is offline   Reply With Quote