Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 10-06-2009, 02:21 PM   #21
Bill V.
The egg man

smart

Tim please. ... People are behaving like gentle
man. I will not let you drag this site down
Post and perhaps listen with a friendly
Heart. Maybe the book you should study
And quote is by. Dale. Carnegie

Bv
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #22
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post

A question for other readers: isn't it possible to just ignore commentary from members whose style just grates on you? NO Or who hijack your threads or insult you? NO Can't you just continue on as if they hadn't interrupted? NO, NOT WHEN THE THREAD GETS STOPPED DEAD IN ITS' TRACKS AS A RESULT Or is it really as polar as either kick them off or cede control of the place? I guess that's it. What about if they actually sometimes post stimulating and useful information? Read below

Just asking...

Ted
The reason for my "no" answers are these. I am not going to pull any punches, but will get straight to the heart of the matter as I see it. Tim Y is so arrogant in his demeanor that he chases others away. Most people, especially those new to the site, are not going to jump into the fire. Others just don't want to get involved.

I am at this site for one reason only, it was recommended to me by a member. A member, I might add, that has since decided against participating here any longer. Once I watched what went on here for a while, it was easy to understand his decision. Myself, I have just a little more tolerance for what takes place here. And just to be clear, in language that everyone can understand, and I speak for no one other than myself, it is Tim Y's bull**** that is the major deterrent to anyone wishing to post any of their ideas or opinions here.
Who comes to this site to be talked down to?
Who comes to this site to be treated like they are an idiot?
How many people are in a hurry to post a thought or opinion, have Tim Y trample all over them, and then continue on with their thought or opinion?
Do you know anyone that is in a hurry to be subjected to that type of treatment?

Personally, I have made several posts on this site that contained facts that are based on years of research and at a substantial cost of both time and money and ,Ted, I know you can appreciate that. The purpose of these posts were for the benefit of the readers, to help them in any way possible. For those who found the information to be useful to them, great. For those who did not find the information useful, that's fine also. Now the ONLY PERSON to actually "attack" this information was, of course, Tim Y. And, Ted, you responded to at least one of these attacks so you know what I am saying. I don't mind fighting back. In fact, it is Tim Y's attitude that makes it easy for me to do. Just like this post, after he rattles on and on about "horsey stuff" and then he comes up with a post like this one, I for one was not going to stand silently by and allow him to get away with it, even when he tried to cover his tracks and change the topic. My clear intention was to push his post back at him in the same way he pushes everyone else.

Just today he went after someone regarding their use of the English language and grammar. Granted, the post he was talking about wasn't the best I have ever seen, but there are other ways to go about it. And furthermore, have you ever read some of Tim Y's posts? And he purports himself to be the most educated person on the planet! I could go on and on, but instead I'll get to your last question.

The real shame of it all, is that Tim Y DOES have something to say. In fact, it has been my opinion all along that this is the reason you tolerate him on the site. I further believe it is the reason for your last question. You can continue to tolerate him if you like, but at what cost to your site? You or any other moderator can admonish him all you want, but it is NOT going to change his attitude. I have already seen his responses when you have admonished him in the past. It's like water off a ducks' back. He is like a first grader that comes home with a report card that says, "Timmy does not work and play well with others". As silly as it sounds, this IS his problem. He just doesn't know or understand how to interact with people who have an opinion different than his own. He doesn't understand how to be helpful. And as a moderator, I don't know what you can do about it save for eliminating him from the site.
I have said a lot and could have said a lot more, but remember,you asked!

Just one last thing. Tim Y, since I know you are reading this, I suggest that instead of firing back a response in an effort to make yourself look good or someone else to look bad, why don't you sit back, take a deep breath, digest what I have said here and really think about it. Think about how you COULD BE a benefit to the site and all of its' members. Think about how you can help WITHOUT trying to impose YOUR WILL on everyone. ALLOW others to have an idea or an opinion. You are NOT as smart as you think you are and everything you say on this site bears that out! Let us ALL see how you handle this.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #23
Tim Y
turf historian

New library is a good idea

If one cannot defend his thesis, he should not throw it out for discussion. Simple as that
Old 10-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #24
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
New library is a good idea

If one cannot defend his thesis, he should not throw it out for discussion. Simple as that
LOL. Does anything more really need to be said?

Tim, even when somebody, like myself, brings FACTS and FIGURES to the table that show the results of tens of thousands of trials, you still won't accept it if it doesn't fit in with your opinion, so don't even bother with that nonsense.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #25
Tim Y
turf historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
Tim please. ... People are behaving like gentle
man. I will not let you drag this site down
Post and perhaps listen with a friendly
Heart. Maybe the book you should study
And quote is by. Dale. Carnegie

Bv
Just stating a position that I view races differently. I post about racing and my unique understanding of the same.

Everyone can come forth and have an individual interpretation, but like any difference of opinion,
those are open to critical review.

Shouldn't be anything more or less. Some folks get personal with every entry. I focus on the races and the way I see them.

Last edited by Tim Y; 10-06-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:16 PM   #26
jms62
Grade 1

Quote:
Just stating a position that I view races differently. I post about racing and my unique understanding of the same.

Everyone can come forth and have an individual interpretation, but like any difference of opinion,
those are open to critical review.

Shouldn't be anything more or less. Some folks get personal with every entry. I focus on the races and the way I see them.
Yes I see it as or maybe ,9. It's total nonsense dude. When you have a big price in your picks and he wins you claim to have made a killing. When the price runs second you are always glad that you "Loaded Up the Place" Yet you never entered a contest that we had. Never show your stuff. You talk about science but what you do is not science it is bullSH*T. Get over yourself.
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #27
gl45
Grade 1

Ted, Bill,
Shoe and myself were banned from this site. Shoe for criticize Ted and RDSS, and I was banned for tell Bill to go F&^%$#@ for banning Shoe. In the mean time TY is running this site pissing people off. I agree with FTL and j62 TY is draging this site down the tube. How many people left because of TY???? Was a good site, no more.
gl45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:31 PM   #28
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Just stating a position that I view races differently. Perhaps you do and there are MANY MORE that believe they view races differently as well and they probably do and it is their right to do it! They bet THEIR MONEY when the go to the window, NOT YOURS! There are many opinions on how to handicap a race. That's why there are odds. Does this mean YOU are right and THEY are wrong? NO. In the world of horse racing many people with varying thoughts on handicapping can all come away winners.
I post about racing and my unique understanding of the same. Perhaps you have a "unique" understanding and perhaps you don 't. Perhaps you just haven't met anyone, yet, with an understanding similar to yours. Certainly a penchant for early horses is nothing new and that is not meant to be demeaning as I know you have taken that idea further down the road, so to speak, with the use of software.

those are open to critical review. Wrong! This isn't a medical laboratory where wrong theories can kill millions! It's just a place where a bunch of guys (or gals) can come together to "talk about" varying approaches to handicapping. LET THEM!

Shouldn't be anything more or less. Some folks get personal with every entry. I focus on the races and the way I see them. As others have the right to do as well. Do you find something wrong with wishing them well rather than demean them for their views?
Give everyone else a break. Be a human being.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #29
mikesal57
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Lead View Post
Give everyone else a break. Be a human being.
WOW...it finally came to a head l here on how this man is so f*&^%d up!!

I'm usually quiet when he cuts me up with my selections and ignore him...

But when he started to quote statistics and post charts on the number of people that die from prostate cancer and made me feel worse than I was already feeling....I gave up !!!

"Be human"...he doesn't even have a clue what that means
Old 10-06-2009, 11:07 PM   #30
seattlesnake
Grade 1

RE: double standard

I have been a member of this site....for over 90 days and overall the group has been very helpfull, imformative and friendly....while i handicap i usually check in just to see what other members have posted and hopefully learn or share something and at the same time ease the stress of the GRIND....(im averaging 7-9hrs a day at the racebook)...

But there is always some1 in any chat room that has to be different..unique or off the wall....which promotes responses...but if I may suggest...How about a "Go To Chat Jail" card depending on the severity of the offense imposed by the admin..... for which the only way the offender can bail himself out is to be allowed to post a 2horse pick and come up with a # of winners...10...20...whatever the admin imposes within that chat jail period.. and he must show proof upon completion in order to be allowed back to the mainline....

"Who Do Ya Like Trotter?" - Hamburger...funny character in the movie "Let It Ride"
seattlesnake is offline   Reply With Quote