Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 01-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #151
MIKE1121
Grade 1

After reading this section on the matchup it begs the question why can't the methods of the matchup or atleast some of the sections of it be made into a program? Computers I realize have difficulty with Fuzzy areas , but they can perform any mechanical steps like selecting Power Lines and labeling running styles and do some of the repetitve grunt work.

In the early days we had to calculate velocity by pencil and paper, then we designed software to calculate them , other than doing a ranking of these numbers we have quit with our efforts in asking our computers to do more work. I am not suggesting the " so called BLACK BOX" , just that I believe there is still more steps a computer can do.

Just something to ponder.

MIKE.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:10 AM   #152
cycling
AlwNW1X

Being able to STack the powerlines together in one window and then identifing
the contenders and throwing the slow one's to the side is a real great
way for a program to help in our understanding and RDSS seems to do this well. Does spec160 have the same capabilities? For Matching Up that is.

Great Thread, and Quite an Eye opener for this old guy to!

** Good morning Bill. Spec 160 shows adjusted data on a screen together not raw data ok? I don't havr the software otherwise I would post a couple of screen shots in the speculator forum area to show you. If you'd like post a thread there and someone will jump in to help!***
Richie

Last edited by RichieP; 02-17-2008 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:41 PM   #153
cycling
AlwNW1X

Thanks Richie, Reading and seeing now.

Your teachings have found the right spot in my thought processes to let the light in and I have finally GOT IT. A lot of years and a lot of frustration but the final outcome is a welcome one.!!
Hope to add some noise to the discussions here and maybe be of some value to this Great site. Thanks