Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 06-02-2007, 10:05 AM   #1
mufasa
Grade 1

Using Projected Pace in RDSS

Rich:

I am asking this question of you in particular because from what I have seen on this site you base your handicapping on “The Matchup” concepts. But more specifically, as to the RDSS program, you have from what I have seen of your screen examples utilized the projected pace call times in the program. By the way I have just been given the opportunity by Ted to be one of the testers of the RDSS program. Since I just downloaded the program this morning I have some time to go to get aquatinted with the program windows and best maneuvering practices. Not to mention I have to read all of the material that Ted sent me along with the download.

There is one thing that I would appreciate your input on and that is how do I incorporate my expectations of the projected pace call times for a particular race. I am of course trying to use JB’s ideas in the area of projecting pace call times for a race.
 First how do I get the call times into the projected pace areas without getting and error message. I have up to now been double clicking on the particular lets say first call time of horse #1 in the pp section to get it into the box (then I get an error message but the time gets into the box) and then utilizing the drop down menu window to pick the exact first call time that I want to project.
 Ditto for 2nd call and projected final time.
Second once I have by way of error messages or not entered a projected pace call time for all pertinent call times how does that affect the analysis and computations of BLBL, Energy, TPR + E/L, Primary, Segments, etc. Is there a noticeable affect? I would have to assume that there must be. I am asking because I tried it with the first race for today at Belmont and could not pick up any difference in the BLBL output vs. what I had originally gotten during my Spec160 run of the race (at least as to the T5 horses). Admittedly perhaps I was not measuring closely because I am preparing to go to the track today and probably rushing through the review. If you could for now help me with getting the information into the projected pace area without error message that would be great. And if you do not mind, could you give me some input as to the availability with the RDSS program in this area and what I am trying to do with my own projected pace numbers. Generally I am thinking that I could run the program without any projected pace input and then run again with the projected pace numbers to see if there is a meaningful difference.

[Sorry for the winded message] Thanks,
M
Old 06-02-2007, 11:03 AM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1

Hi "Mu"

ok first off the projected pace HAS to be done from the "ORIGINAL" tab using
RAW times.

Later on things might open up to enable adjusted "projecting".

ok so the screenshot shows the tab that MUST be used to project
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2007, 11:05 AM   #3
RichieP
Grade 1

here is a race today from Woodbine. looking thru the field the 1 horse looks to be proj pacesetter at 1st call.

ok so by double clicking the 22.3 first call time of his last race that time should appear up on top in the first box

screenshot
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2007, 11:06 AM   #4
RichieP
Grade 1

moving thru the field looks like this 4 horse is proj leader at 2nd call. so again by double clicking the 45.4 2nd call time from last race that should now show up on top in the 2nd call box

screenshot
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
RichieP
Grade 1

then the same steps are repeated for sc and final Mu. couple of things please

1) If you follow these steps you should NOT get error message of ANY kind. I use this exact method HUNDREDS of times a week ok? If you are still getting error stuff let Ted know.

2) the projecting of pace has NO effect on readouts of ANY kind relating to corrolaries,bl,bl etc. It is only a user guide to helping "set a race up" for
a) contender selection
b) paceline selection etc

There are some pretty cool things possible ahead after Ted gets the program a bit more mature.

Hope this helps a bit Mu
Richie
Old 06-02-2007, 11:12 AM   #6
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
Rich:

And if you do not mind, could you give me some input as to the availability with the RDSS program in this area and what I am trying to do with my own projected pace numbers. Generally I am thinking that I could run the program without any projected pace input and then run again with the projected pace numbers to see if there is a meaningful difference.
[Sorry for the winded message] Thanks,
M
Not sure what you are trying to do regarding the first 2 sentences Mu.
Richie
Old 06-02-2007, 12:03 PM   #7
admin
Administrator

Projected Pace

Thank you Rich
Your explanation helped my very much

I am seeing many need to leads that wont be on the lead
today, LOSE ! I could not see this before This along with the APV and CR
and The VAL 4 readouts make me very happy

GS
Bill
Old 06-02-2007, 07:39 PM   #8
mufasa
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
Not sure what you are trying to do regarding the first 2 sentences Mu.
Richie
Rich:

I know the sentences were tied up in knots and excuse me since I was rushing myself. I was just thinking that I could first run the program without any special consideration to projected pace and then run again with projected pace numbers to see if there were any significant differences. I guess I was just trying to see if you agreed that it would make a difference on the analysis and consequent output. As you have already stated supplementing the projected pace numbers has no affect on the final readouts of BLBL, etc.

Thanks, you have taken care of my error message problem. I was trying to load the call time in the “Projected Pace” area from adjusted numbers. As you correctly state this for now can only be done via original call times. As “Admin” has stated in another post, the projected pace function is a very helpful tool (at least as of now) in more clearly (visually) pointing out how the early runners would most probably be positioned at the estimated particular call times. It is a very interesting tool and like you I intend to use it regularly.

I have just one more question for now and that has to do with the BLBL readouts. Next to the odds readout column I am seeing this VDC column. I am assuming that this is part of the Val4 readout that is incorporated in the RDSS program. Since I have never used Val4, and if I am correct, can someone explain what kind of output is most meaningful.

I have notice one problem with RDSS and that is that once the program has been minimized that you can not just left click on the mouse to reopen it but must instead right click the mouse and then select restore. This is a minor item and I am sorry if it has already been addressed.

Thanks,

M
Old 06-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #9
mufasa
Grade 1

Rich:

I have been thinking about this Projected Pace feature in the RDSS program and somehow I believe I got myself mixed up thinking that somehow it was able to produce outputs similar to what you get now with the “Longshot Detector” screen in Spec160. I guess I naively thought that the projected pace number would somehow replace the programs idea/computation of the dream race fractions with my input of fractions. Using the projected pace feature now is very helpful in pointing out the effects of estimated early pace positioning for the early types. I am thinking though that for good or not I could produce my own Longshot Detector results using the PP feature.

M
Old 06-05-2007, 01:42 PM   #10
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
I have just one more question for now and that has to do with the BLBL readouts. Next to the odds readout column I am seeing this VDC column. I am assuming that this is part of the Val4 readout that is incorporated in the RDSS program. Since I have never used Val4, and if I am correct, can someone explain what kind of output is most meaningful.

I have notice one problem with RDSS and that is that once the program has been minimized that you can not just left click on the mouse to reopen it but must instead right click the mouse and then select restore. This is a minor item and I am sorry if it has already been addressed.

Thanks,

M
Robert,

V/DC is from Validator. It stands for Velocity relative to Deceleration and is a (highly) compound factor which essentially measures how much or little the horse was slowing down relative to how fast it was travelling during the segments of the race aggregated, massaged further by relative weighting of the Primary Factors. The rank that is shown is either the Primary Line Score (PLS) rank or the actual V/DC rank, whichever is better, which often leads to ties, meaning for example, despite being lower ranked on PLS if the underlying V/DC assessment ranked higher, that higher rank will be displayed in addition to another PLS rank which may be identical. If you find corrolary evidence from other observations to support this V/DC improvement, consider that that line may be better than its PLS rank indicates. ('Admin' has coined this V/DC rank improvement over PLS - 'Binder improvers' and I believe he has cashed some good tickets on these)

I have received several recent reports on V/DC ranks of winners at different tracks and distances over many dozens of races. The top 2 and ties are winning over 70% of the time and finishing in the money approaching 85% (always depending on your contender/paceline selection).

Re the maximize of RDSS fromthe Desktop, this is a known bug (#2): please refer to the Bug List PDF document I sent you, or check here: www.ArtofPace.com/rdss/bugs/RDSS_Bug_List.pdf

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-05-2007 at 03:18 PM.