Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 03-09-2023, 01:36 PM   #1
derrick24948
AlwNW1X

Dealing with the effects of Computer Assisted Wagering

I was wondering if more experienced, longer term players had some thoughts or wisdom about they're combating the effect of the dreaded computer teams.

It's tough to avoid sinking into a minor despair about the state of US racing. Podcasts and news stories constantly talk about how much of the pools the computer teams make up and how recreational players have no real chance of winning.

Hong Kong seems to be the one circuit US players have access to that is thriving and growing. But along with the difficult time difference, we don't have RDSS access for those races.

How are folks maintaining an edge? I know the WPS pools at NYRA that exclude the CRW teams are, of course, an awesome option. Kentucky has penny breakage, Hawthorne drastically lowered WPS takeout, etc.

Thanks for any insight!
derrick24948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 01:46 PM   #2
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Derrick. I don't worry about them since I play mid to low level tracks such as Parx,Lrl,MVR,TDN,Pim. I have had good success at these trks. I just don't worry about things I can't control.
Tim
Old 03-17-2023, 11:51 AM   #3
derrick24948
AlwNW1X

Thanks for that, Tim. You make a good point about the mid/lower level tracks. I'm trying to focus on those as well as NYRA (since the CAWs can't play the straight pools there). I've increased my minimum field size to 7 and minimum odds to 5/2. That's helped too.
derrick24948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 03:36 PM   #4
ranchwest
Grade 1

I figure that if my line is at 3/1 or less at a track where there is regular CAW activity, the horse could be hammered and act accordingly. In other words, beware placing max wagers.

Record keeping is your friend.
ranchwest is offline   Reply With Quote