Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 07-21-2006, 05:11 PM   #11
JimG
Grade 1

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully Mr. Bradshaw or someone else will see my post and either post here or contact me via email. For me it is more curiosity than anything else. I already do quite well with JCapper and WorkHorse Pro2.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:17 PM   #12
Baffalator
AlwNW2X

Plot Graph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rxlawyer
Jim:

I am trying to learn how to interpret the plot graph in the velocity screen of Aodds Gold 98. Any tips?

Gary
When you go to the Plot Graph, just hit F1 for help. Please see the guts of the explanations in the following explanation by Jim B.
After the pace of today's race is projected there are five times -- first fraction, second fraction, second call, third fraction, and of course, final time. These times will be used to compare the horses in today's race. These times are converted into feet-per-second. If none of the horses have the lead at any of the calls, the beaten lengths are added.
All horses are charted on the Plot Graph according to there running style and how they ran against the pace of today's race. Study each horse to decide the one that will establish the pace at each call. The best time for each call is the "dream race" or the projection for each call.
The task now is to match each horse with the projected pace to decide if the horse is in contention at each call. Again, look at the past performance lines to justify how the horse reacts to these times. Will he be in contention at each call? Can he match up against today's pace? Once you have answered these questions, you not only have the contenders, but the running line to use for these contenders.

The more you work on the pace analysis of a race, the quicker the pace of the race will "unfold" for you. You'll soon be able to decide if the race will run early, or whether it will run other than early.
Add the three calls to get the total velocity of the race for each horse. The total velocity will usually point to the top horses. Look at the horse that has the best fractions. Any horse that has two of the best fractions is a dangerous animal. After checking all fractions, check the horse that has the best third fraction. Does he also have any of the other best fractions? If the answer is no, how much ground does he need to make up in the first two fractions to overcome the pace of the race? Follow the same procedure with all of the horses.

Copyright © 1998 Randy Kovach

Good Luck
John
Baffalator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #13
James Pomeroy
Maiden

Used aodds gold and loved the program. I had a malfunction and lost the registration key on my notebook...tried to obtain from Jimmy but at that point he told me he could not survice and I afterword throw away the program. I have tried almost every source I know to buy a replacement, but so far no luck.
It was a vital part of my handicapping and I hope you enjoy the program. Many thanks, Jim Pomeroy
James Pomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:52 PM   #14
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Pomeroy View Post
Used aodds gold and loved the program. I had a malfunction and lost the registration key on my notebook...tried to obtain from Jimmy but at that point he told me he could not survice and I afterword throw away the program. I have tried almost every source I know to buy a replacement, but so far no luck.
It was a vital part of my handicapping and I hope you enjoy the program. Many thanks, Jim Pomeroy
Jim
Contact "The Programmer" by private message or email here on P&C. That is Mr. Kovach. Maybe he can help you!

Best of luck
Richie
Old 04-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #15
Rxlawyer
Grade 1

Aodds question

Hi James:

Send me a message at gplevin@gmail.com and I may be able to help.

Rxlawyer
Rxlawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:51 PM   #16
TheProgrammer
AlwNW3X

Hey James, how goes. Hey Rxlawyer, how ya been? Thanks Richie.

If Rxlawyer can't help PM me and I will fix it.

RK
Old 04-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #17
Rxlawyer
Grade 1

Aodds

Hi Randy:

I am doing well, thank you. Managed to win at Emerald Downs last year. This year is a little slow as I am working on a major project unrelated to horse racing.

I have all of the disks for Aodds Gold and the security code. I have been able to send via email in the past. How does that sound to you? I still think Aodds Gold is one of the very best.

Gary
Rxlawyer
Old 04-16-2011, 10:05 AM   #18
TheProgrammer
AlwNW3X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rxlawyer View Post
Hi Randy:

I am doing well, thank you. Managed to win at Emerald Downs last year. This year is a little slow as I am working on a major project unrelated to horse racing.

I have all of the disks for Aodds Gold and the security code. I have been able to send via email in the past. How does that sound to you? I still think Aodds Gold is one of the very best.

Gary
Rxlawyer

That's fine, appreciate the assist. Great about Emerald, it's been so long since I did anything with racing I don't even remember what a horse looks like (they are the ones that slither in the grass right?)
Old 04-16-2011, 10:13 AM   #19
Rxlawyer
Grade 1

I have certainly had a few slither all the way home (in second place, of course)! LOL !
Old 09-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #20
atlasaxis
Grade 3

Does anyone know if A-Odds Super GOLD 98 creates a fair/true odds line? Is it 32 or 64 bit compatible? Anyone selling theirs? Thanks. Tom

Last edited by atlasaxis; 09-18-2012 at 03:37 PM.
atlasaxis is offline   Reply With Quote