Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 06-08-2009, 08:12 PM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

Good matching tracks "Now"

I.M.O 2 tracks that are pretty decent for matching but get lost under the radar a bit:

1) Indiana Downs lets you get some pretty honest reads. It is a fast track speed wise but thats good cause it keeps you and your "Mind's Eye" on picking fast horses without worrying too much about t-t stuff. Early evening start is kinda nice in the warm weather

2) Arlington Park consistently seems to give at least 3-5 races a card that are kinda nice to work and match. The poly doesn't seem to be wild there and fast horses are fast horses. Even the turf seems to kinda give you a fair shake.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #2
tfm
Former member

I think AP is the most predictable/precise POLY track out there. All my 'angles' work there. The turf course, is another story. Too many of them deteriorate into cavalry charges -- there's much more predictable turf elsewhere.

We're at a good time right now. The only problem is that there're some many good tracks to play and so little time to do so.
tfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Just an idea, but maybe it would cut the work load a bit. What if several who wanted to match races were responsible for downloading certain tracks and identifying one or more favorite plays. This would probably mean a review of some of the four, five or six spot plays produced by Richie and The Hat, but that couldn't hoit!

WIth several spot plays from several tracks I'm sure we could all get our fill of bets. For me, for instance, the multiple matching earlies appears to be the one working best right now, but I am certainly interested in expanding my repertoire.

We would probably need to agree on workable tracks, which might entail whose betting service accepts bets on which tracks, etc., but I think that is a detail that can be worked out.

If there is any interest in this idea, respond with your suggestions, and perhaps we can work something out.

Bill
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:45 PM   #4
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

Is this the type of Multiple E race your looking for Bill???
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2009, 02:23 AM   #5
Buzz
AlwNW3X

Bill,

I think that you have a great idea.

As long as the discussions stay positive minded I will be glad to contribute time most days depending on my day job work load.

I download all tracks everyday and will be glad to screen any tracks that can be agreed on.

If we could develop one or two examples for each of Jimmy's Spot Plays, that would be a great way to start. Something along the lines of the example that Charlie has posted.

Nice work Charlie! I definitely get the picture. <G>

Also I hope that all work posted would be generated or at least translated to RDSS screens. I use RDSS and when someone posts a screen from another program...I am lost.

Charlie's example illustrates my point. When I look at the screen he posted, I get what he is saying 100%.

Buzz
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:46 AM   #6
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Charlie and Buzz:

Exactly what I was thinking. I too still have a day job and the main impediment to consistent contribution would be the occasional travel days and some of the strange locations that I end up in. But everything is workable. Charlie and I are probably about as far apart, milewise, as could be (11 hrs on the clock difference if I did the math right) but we both can contribute as our schedules allow.

What Charlie posted is a good example of what should be posted. Handicapping beyond this point could either take place individually, in group through this site or by personal email, depending on personal preference. I am on the road now, but will have more time to think about this later in the week, so lets continue the discussion.

Who is interested in specific tracks?
Who has limitations with their bet takers and the tracks available?
What spot plays work best for you?
Schedules for the PP reviewers? Weekends only, full time or just a few days a week?
Races posted should have enough info for someone else to make a go, no go decision. Ideally, if you don't like a race, don't waste time venting about it, just go on to the next one. If it turns out that the posts don't suit your style, race type, whatever, you could inquire if others are interested in the kinds of races that interest you.

Key to this is that participation is voluntary. What you do with the opportunity is your responsibility.

The goal is to find playable races with opportunity to cash at odds that the public does not fancy too well.

more thoughts......

Bill
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #7
Capcondo
Grade 1

I looked at Charlie's screenshots and thought, wow, I don't know that I've ever seen that many front runners in any race. My initial thought was that the 6 was the only one that would run from off the lead. He was third at the first call at Oaklawn and sat 2nd against a first call of 22.3. Guess what happened? He wins and pays $9.00 LOOSE on the lead with fractions of 21.52 and 44.13.

Go Figure!

Tim
Capcondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:46 AM   #8
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

Maybe interested parties could make use of Skype and this free screen recording software http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk/BBFlashBack_FreePlayer.aspx

Ted has a Sartinmethodolgy Youtube account i believe where any recordings made could be uploaded

Last edited by Charlie D; 06-10-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #9
mikesal57
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D View Post
Maybe interested parties could make use of Skype and this free screen recording software http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk/BBFlashBack_FreePlayer.aspx

Ted has a Sartinmethodolgy Youtube account i believe where any recordings made could be uploaded
CHARLIE!!! You want this to be on You Tube for the whole world to see...OH MY

Mike
Old 06-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #10
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

You could be the next Oliver Stone Mike