Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Breeders' Cup > 2014
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

2014 Breeders' Cup 2014

Old 10-29-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
European performance recently

In the last two BC's, there were 6 turf races per year. In each year the Euros won the Juvenile Turf and Juvenile Fillies Turf and last year they won the F&M turf. So 5 wins total in two years.

If you use the Trackmaster version of New Pace (the non adjusted paceline version) the Euro winner was either L1 or L2 Late horse in each of these five races. There were two cold exactas in the top two Late which involved Euros only.

BTW when using NP I use the two best Late numbers, not necessarily the ones where the program shows a 1 and 2 choice. Especially with the Juveniles.

This year's NP Euro turf info;

10/31 - SA 6: #4 (Commenorative) and #7 (War Envoy) are L1 and L2, BUT, #5 (Hootenanny) is E2, but its late number is 3 points higher than either of the NP Late horses. Very interesting. Hootenanny has raced on both continents, gets its rating from the European races. When you use adjusted times from early in the year it does not fare so well. I'd play all three here.

10/31 - SA 8: #2 (Osaila) and #14 (Qualify)/#13 (Prize Exhibit). these last two are tied for L2. The #3 (Sunset Glow) is E1 based on its Euro racing; when you use adjusted SRs its E2, but the segments screen shows it 0-0-0 off a 7 furlong poly line (only 2 available)

11/01 - SA 5: #6 (Fiesolana) and #3 (Dank) are L1 and L2, a close third is #5 (Secret Gesture)

Other turf races with Euros

11/01 - SA 9: #7 (Flintshire), #11 (Chicquita) are L1 and L2; the 3rd and 4th L horses are also Euros #1 (Telescope) and #8 (Magician who has been scratched.) Magician in the Turf has scratched. But the top three L horses in the Turf (7-11-1) by New Pace are rated 126/124/123 then a significant gap to lower numbers.

11/-1 - SA 11: #9 (Anodin) and #5 (Toronado) are L1 and L2

Turf sprint note:
I would not use the NP info for the turf sprint. First of all, any turf race down the hill at SA needs an added seven points of adjusted speed rating to equal other tracks' turf sprints. Usually an 82 or 83 down the hill equates to an 89 or 90 from any other turf sprint location. So with that said, there are only 5 races per year rateable via NP, so five out of ten races with the winner in the top two aint too bad (short sample notwithstanding.)

good luck this weekend,

Last edited by Bill Lyster; 10-29-2014 at 08:00 PM.
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:25 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thanks for that angle on working the Euros, Bill! You can't play many horizontal bets without dealing with them.

Will definitely be checking out your observations.

Good luck/skill!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:33 PM   #3
dogkatcher
Grade 1

Hi Bill, great admirer of your work.

I find myself a little confused (alot) by this statement:

BUT, #5 (Hootenanny) is E2, but its late number is 3 points higher than either of the NP Late horses. Did you mean his Early number?

If not, could you please guide me to how I can find the late number for Hoot.
when you have a chance.

Have a Great Breeders Cup, enjoy.

Thanks,
John
Old 10-29-2014, 08:45 PM   #4
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Sorry John, yes I meant his early number was 3 higher than the best late group.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:11 AM   #5
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

this is what I meant;
Attached Images

Old 10-30-2014, 01:36 AM   #6
dogkatcher
Grade 1

Thanks Bill, I just have to watch out for Ted as he
sneaks stuff in there like the magic white spot I have
on my readouts. Almost 100% winners too.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:19 AM   #7
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

OK John, now its my turn to be befuddled or confused. What is the magic white spot? Is it because you lean over the form and the sugar from your powdered donut falls magically over one of the PPs?

Bill
Old 10-30-2014, 10:28 AM   #8
Ted Craven
Grade 1

LOL! John has alluded to a mysterious white spot on some of his RDSS screens, but I can never figure out which one or where it falls.

The White of Wisdom factor (WoW)

(Though, I did see John attack a donut a couple of years ago in Las Vegas, so maybe Bill has stumbled onto the answer ...)

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:47 AM   #9
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Maybe something just "LOOMS Up" from the page....
Old 10-30-2014, 05:37 PM   #10
atkinsrr
Grade 1

you guys are crackin' me up....we don't have time to be eatin' donuts...there's work to be done........
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote