Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 07-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #1
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Pick 3 paying 2 out of 3 too many times.

I watched and practiced on Indiana Downs tonight 7/3 and it seemed to me that I saw more 2 out of 3 pays for pick 3's that I was wondering , since I plan on going there on the 4th for the night time racing and to get out of room this weekend.

Would anyone be willing to work with me on this card to see how we could do in knocking down a few of those pick 3's, but doing so with no more than 2 horses picked, unless we found 2 races with definite singles and Maiden race we could hit the "All Button " on, as a few maiden races are normally pass race's, but if the oter 2 races could be handicapped easily enough, just maybe we could find that a single or 2, otherwise, 2x2x2, a 8.00 pick 3 , seemed to be profitable if hit according to tonights payoffs..

Please be advised my 1st 6 races played tonight have resulted in devastation for me, a few 2nd's and 1 win, was way off on my choices, but there is always room for improvement, right?

If interested in picking a few races for tomorrow's night Indiana Down's card, just PM me or post here as I am stuck in front of this computer learning all weekend, so much fun, Please join me

Happy 4th

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Please be advised that this is just a Recreational Outing, and as with most Recreational Outing you just want to pay for the outing with your picks, or so I have thru-out the years, nothing fancy really, it was just that I SAW POTENTIAL, in the Pick 3 pools from the night before, where there were pay-outs 2out of 3, so I fugured with a little help maybe we could nail 1 or 2 picls 3 from 4-5 pick 3 bets,about 40.00 for 2x2x2 1.00 bets=8.00 x 5 bets = 40.00 no, and maybe pay for my weekend, in the process, not break the bank, just help a guy both learn and win in a once in awhile scenario, that was all, but after thinking on this it may come across as being , this is my new word for the day, (actually 2 of them) , AVARICIOUS OR COVETOUS, but it is not meant tht way, just trying to make contacts here and play a card and maybe win a few races, and my biggest gain maybe meeting a new friend and learning something, as the finacial rewards are to be less than , what a 100-200 bucks or so.

So I hope that my post is not taken as a greedy money grubbing guy, but taken in the form it is meant, a learning situation and also one done when I have the time to do it, as when I get to my new job on Monday , then I may have very little time to ask for this again, at least for a while.

Well enjoy the 4TH OF JULY and for the Canadians, just enjoy this wonderful day

Patrick

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 07-04-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:46 AM   #3
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

As posted earlier last night I am going to refrain from cluttering the board with all my race cards as I may e going to fast for some and they may think as they did elsewhere that here is the new guy out here trying to get the things that took us months and years to learn overnight, and that isn't happening, and that thinking, especially in horse racing is common place, as I now horse racing is a lonely profession, yet with people all around, but when it comes to their secrets they seem pretty reticent or taciturn and I can not blame them, giving out the hard earned info to newcomers is never any easy thing to do, they all wish you well, and most really mean it too, so my attempts to play out in public on live races, went pretty horrible to say the least, thou it was a big holiday weekend, and Bill did responds a few times and Bill thank you very much, you stated a few things that made me get a winner the next day that I may have overlooked, thanks.

It seems that trying to do things different here are not really an acceptable way of doing things, so I did read the yellow thing and winning psyche too, a few of the number things, but those seemed too hard for me to comprehend , but they all said this basically.

1. practice in 20 race cycles, up too 100 race cycles

2. win bet only, and no more than 2 horses a race

3. know when to pass, and pass a entire card if necessary

4. keep track of your bets and races, takes notes, lots of notes

5. when you hit over 65% then you are doing things correctly, shoot for better

6. no shortcuts practice practice practice

See I read that and got that from it, but thought that running some live races thru the board and some people that we could both learn fron the experience, and that it also had us working live races and not previous run races, which I never do like to practice with , especially with others as you never really know if they did not also run them before, and with live races you know for sure and get great info and insight I thought, oh well, not here or not now, and that is okay, I am used to that, and I take no real offense with that, it means for me to do it alone, and I will at least try to.

Hope your 4th was happy and safe
Mine was wet very wet here in Indy

thanks all
Patrick

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 07-05-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #4
Tim Y
turf historian

You seem to be having a wagering problem NOT a handicapping one
Old 07-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #5
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
You seem to be having a wagering problem NOT a handicapping one
Excuse me, there a problem here?
Old 07-13-2009, 01:00 AM   #6
Tim Y
turf historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver View Post
Excuse me, there a problem here?
WAGERING has little to do with handicapping. Whether wager creation is based upon dogs, stocks, weather, football, baseball or what have you, it is a distinct discipline from the handicapping.

One must understand how to relate offered probabilities to the actual probabilities and situate the dollars to that end.

A discipline NOT covered by any handicapping program, here, or elsewhere.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
WAGERING has little to do with handicapping. Whether wager creation is based upon dogs, stocks, weather, football, baseball or what have you, it is a distinct discipline from the handicapping.

One must understand how to relate offered probabilities to the actual probabilities and situate the dollars to that end.

A discipline NOT covered by any handicapping program, here, or elsewhere.
Any one speak his language , please , help me interpret his meanings, I believe I am being insulted, not that it matters, but just wondering why?

I may have wanted someone to help me during an outing that I noticed the Pick 3 plays from the day before WERE PAYING OUT FOR 2 OUT OF 3, which meant that hitting 3 out of 3 and sweeping the pool was an option, one that, I thought would intrigue a few here, and also offer me a learning experience at the same time, IF someone wanted to take a try and Live play the track that Particular Day that I was going, which is something I get to do so very rarely, that when I do , yes I would like to have an advantage, who wouldn't??????, But no one decided to play the card with me or any races, and that is fine, as I my efforts alone were not good enough either, I got slaughtered, but now I have this guy , I think calling me stupid and uninformed, as uninformed I may be, but stupid, I am not, slow maybe, but stupid no. Why this slam I do not get it, is it wrong to ask for help when one occasionally gest to make it to a track and would like to see the experts here at work first hand and also be given a chance to learn from them, but I guess not, excuse me for asking , but I thought that was what I was suppose to do, ask and post and hope someone helps and then I study and study and practice and ask and so on and so on.....again is there a problem?

I will continue on and now have a record keeping system to learn and use, and then will see where that can help me find my weaknessess and strengths, so futre pplay will hit the high percentage I read about in the Manual, and other places here, no reason that can not be goal, as well as a live play when ever I get the rare opportunity to visit a track, prefferably at someons home track, but that may not be possible always, but I do travel alot and maybe I may make it to your track someday, but then having the time to stop and play may be another issue, so being able to do both is rare and that ma
kes that much more enjoyable when I can do it, why not try to share it with others, is that wrong???

Patrick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYZUhSeRYc
Old 07-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #8
barb craven
Grade 1

Patrick
I think what Tim is saying (correct me if I'm wrong) is that handicapping a race and actually wagering on that race are two entirely separate things. After you do your handicapping for a particular race, you then have to decide what or if you are going to wager.

This is an entirely different process, and one you have to learn on your own. No one but you can decide what odds you'll accept. Doc Sartin said nothing lower than 5/2. For some that's their norm, and for others it can be higher or lower.

You have to decide that for yourself and can best do that by (here we go again) keeping records.

Hope this helps

Barb
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:15 PM   #9
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Okay Barb
Thank you, for clearing that up, it was just that I was only asking for someone to join me in playing the Ind card that day, and did not remember where we go off the post so far, as this was a plea for anyone to come out and play, as the say, and where he is coming from still confuses me, but okay, wagering is defferent than handicapping, we all know that, and being great in one does not make you great in both, but being lousy in one , could mean being bad in both, my opinion, but this was not about that, it was about asking for a live play participate, that's all, with emphasis on the pick 3 wager, 3 win bets in a row, nothing spectactular, just a request.

Thanks Barb

Patrick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYZUhSeRYc