Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 02-01-2018, 06:30 PM   #11
Mitch44
Grade 1

Thanks for posting the PP's Bill.

I can't argue with Jeebs line for the # 3 horse as I would have used the same line. This horse's record over fast tracks is poor and % Med is high and tends to die in the stretch.
The reason the horse won was it was claimed in its next to last race and the new trainer is 37% second start with the trainer. Some how he found the hole card for this horse or used that magic potion. Also a 6 year old that doesn't figure to improve, without a race over the track, and away 64 days.

I never could have never gotten this horse and some races just can't be figured and surprise us. This is why money management is so important.

In my previous post are some excellent pointers in analyzing the screen Jeebs posted that work for the majority of races that you can use. Its also important to analyze several screens.
Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:17 PM   #12
For The Lead
Grade 1

I was asked to look at this race. There’s not much to look at.

If you are not familiar with my guidelines there are many places to find them. At any rate, here they are applied to this race.

#1 – NO LINE, last three3 races covering the last 110 days are all routes. Today’s race is a sprint.
#2 – Line 1, although I am giving this horse a line, I am taking notice that the horse won versus non winners in the last 6 months for $5,000 two races back and then beat $6,250 OPEN in its’ last race. Now it is being asked to move up to the $12,500 OPEN level and win a third race in a row. I would have my doubts.
#3 – Last line, the last line is the only race this horse has in the last 90 days. In its’ race two back it beat $10,000 OPEN and that is the cheapest race showing in its’ PP’s, so it certainly fits here for $12,500.
#4 – NO LINE, ML is 20/1
#5 – NO LINE, ML is 20/1
#6 – NO LINE, ML is 20/1
#7 – NO LINE, no races in the last 90 days
#8 – NO LINE, no races in the last 90 days
#9 – NO LINE, ML is 20/1

No need for ENERGY readouts, charts, graphs or anything else.
$15.00 winners don’t usually come this easily.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:52 PM   #13
Bill V.
The egg man

Edited

I moved all the FTL Guidelines manual discussion post to this thread

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11450

Lets keep this area for Match Up races and dicussions

Thanks
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote