Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 12-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

Tampa Bay/ Twin Spires

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Fn1JmeLFc

For those looking to wager on the upcoming Tampa Bay meet which starts this Saturday:

Twin Spires members will NOT as of right now be able to wager on the races there. I wrote to the powers that be at TS and received the attached email from one of the bosses there this morning. Bottom line is it is a "NO go".

I would strongly suggest looking into opening an account with Premier Turf Club as they have the Tampa Bay meet locked in for wagering. Added bonus is you get a rebate anywhere from 4% on up depending on volume on ALL bets. Here is the link for those interested:
http://www.premierturfclub.com/
Attached Images

Last edited by RichieP; 12-09-2008 at 10:50 AM.
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:31 AM   #2
Tim Y
turf historian

Love Tampa Bay: we don't have all those hassles here as there is a single wagering outlet.
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:47 PM   #3
jms62
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
Love Tampa Bay: we don't have all those hassles here as there is a single wagering outlet.
You guys like it better than Gulfstream ?
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #4
tfm
Former member

I give you guys credit for having the nuts to open all these accounts with what, at best, are risky companies in terms of security (and otherwise).

Last thing I need is for PTC, TWINSPIRES, NYCOTB, NYRArewards, etc. to have my SS#. In combination with my Driver's License and other personal information, it'd make stealing my identity a snap. Yeah, and I'm sure that the security of each of these companies is such that there can never be a breech of it. Of course, with data being stolen on a REGULAR basic from government agencies, universities, and fortune 500 companies, why would anyone doubt that schlock outfits such as the above would have a problem guarding your personal info?

Not to mention what happens when they go out of business and have something of value to sell.

Last thing anyone wants to do in this country is mess with the IRS; especially with betting records on file with these companies.

Giving up your SS# shouldn't be a (matter of fact) requirement in order to bet the ponies.

Last edited by tfm; 12-09-2008 at 01:38 PM.
tfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Jim
I prefer Tampa though I would definitely look at both tracks when they are running.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #6
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfm View Post
I give you guys credit for having the nuts to open all these accounts with what, at best, are risky companies in terms of security (and otherwise).

Last thing I need is for PTC, TWINSPIRES, NYCOTB, NYRArewards, etc. to have my SS#. In combination with my Driver's License and other personal information, it'd make stealing my identity a snap. Yeah, and I'm sure that the security of each of these companies is such that there can never be a breech of it. Of course, with data being stolen on a REGULAR basic from government agencies, universities, and fortune 500 companies, why would anyone doubt that schlock outfits such as the above would have a problem guarding your personal info?

Not to mention what happens when they go out of business and have something of value to sell.

Last thing anyone wants to do in this country is mess with the IRS; especially with betting records on file with these companies.

Giving up your SS# shouldn't be a (matter of fact) requirement in order to bet the ponies.
John
You are betting on track with the books I assume?
Old 12-09-2008, 06:06 PM   #7
Tim Y
turf historian

Quote:
not on big days but Gulfstream is not a predictable as it once was...
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:25 PM   #8
tfm
Former member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
John
You are betting on track with the books I assume?
That's ILLEGAL.

Actually, I have relatives in CANADA, you know, where they let you KEEP your winnings, rather than taxing you up the ass. I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few other players having taken a similar course rather than put themselves at risk.

This is working fine until I get around to stealing someone else's identity.
tfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:28 AM   #9
RichieP
Grade 1

Tampa WILL be available on TS

Twin Spires is just announcing this morning that the Tampa Bay meet WILL be offered by them beginning with Saturdays opening card.

Tampa is a go on TS.
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #10
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
I coulda given u a bit better answer Jim.

Far as matching using raw data Gulfstream is easier especially for beginning matchers. Why?

Because with GP you are dealing with a FAST track time wise and can focus on finding fast horses shipping from fast tracks. There are much less mental gymnastics to do as far as adjusting with Calder dirt being the notable exception.