Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 12-20-2016, 11:42 AM   #11
Tim Y
turf historian

Why do we go to the races? To WIN races or to make $$$$$$$

ANYTIME a track offers a contest of 5 6 or 7 horses, there is RARELY enough distribution in the pool to do the latter. That is a universal rule.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:48 AM   #12
Tim Y
turf historian

Quote: "About Turf Paradise I really should go check it out soon. I have never been there. I'm always in and out of Arizona since my company has a hub in Phoenix."

It is a lovely little venue, nicely set up with cheap, but ofttimes competitive horses. Going there in the winter is about the only time the weather is cool enough to stay out in the sun for prolonged times. Its funny how BROWN their grass course remains all the time.

BONUS: Many of the Major League baseball teams have their spring training in and around the area with multiple stadiums to offer a good view of the game.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:01 PM   #13
Bill V.
The egg man

Ball

Quote:
BONUS: Many of the Major League baseball teams have their spring training in and around the area with multiple stadiums to offer a good view of the game.
I must have been close by, Once I was in Phoenix area (where ? )
I was taken in the hotel shuttle because my truck was broke down,
Well anyway the hotel staff all wore California Angels jerseys
It was during spring training, I asked the shuttle driver what the deal was, did the players stay at the hotel? , It was a nice double tree, She said no the players stay at a separate hotel but the coaches medical and office staff stayed at the hotel I was at, She said the ball park was right near by
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote