Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 05-24-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

The Mind's Eye - Part 4 - Voodoo Intro

**** You will NEED to work this race in a quiet and relaxed setting *****

You ready for a little taste of the Voodoo Mind's Eye? After I had done like 3-4 races with Jim focusing on the 1st fraction and making calls based on running styles he hit me with a race virtually exactly like the one you are about to see presented here.

I LOST the race but learned a whole lot after from Jim's talking to me about a concept he described as "Voodoo". He wanted to plant the initial seed as he told me by being exposed to it my mind would absorb it in due time.

I lost the first 5 or 6 of these races going forward (Every week or so Jim would hit me with 1 of these out of the blue and would NOT tell me it was coming!) but eventually things started to stick in my "Mind's Eye".

Once again ALL of what we are doing in the "Mind's Eye" series has as it's focal point the FIRST CALL and POSITIONS.

=========================================================

This is a 4.5f race at Charlestown's bullring.

Please read what I am going to ask you for in step 1. Give me ONLY that please. Asking for a reason and any other stuff posted will be edited out by me to make sure everyone is on the same page as we look at this race ok? Thank you and ALL are welcome to participate.
==========================================================

The times you will see are in fifths just like the Form.

1)Give me the running styles of the horses

2) How is the race going to be won after looking at the 1st fractions?
Early or Other than Early?

3) Give me the 1st fraction projected pace.

Do the steps in the order they are shown please. This is the EXACT same order Jim wanted the info from me that first time.

**** You will NEED to work this race in a quiet and relaxed setting *****
Attached Images

Old 05-24-2008, 12:40 PM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1

balance of the field
Attached Images

Old 05-26-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
RichieP
Grade 1

Moving on

Now we branch off into 2 groups. Those that are looking early and those that are looking O.T.E.

1) Early - If you are in this group as I was when first being exposed to this concept we have lost the race. It's perfectly ok as we can't learn without having failed at first.

I will be contacting each of you privately by PM within the next day or so with some feedback I got from Jim after I had lost it and want to pass it along.Some of it is personal in nature.

2) Other than Early (O.T.E.) - If you are in this group you have decided that early can NOT win. Therefore throw them ALL out now for win consideration.

a) IF you have multiple early designated contenders (more than 2) do NOT consider for win an O.T.E. who runs from POSITION 2 at the FIRST call. He will be "sucked into" the earlies and killed off. This has been posted about in Hat Check over a year ago.

b) If you have 3 earlies they are taking up 3 POSITIONS when the gate pops. So you want to take for your horse the O.T.E. who sits 4th at the FIRST CALL against today's pace (1 tick or so either way). Look at ALL of this horses pp's. He MUST show the ability to PASS horses on MULTIPLE races . If you find this THAT is the horse you bet. That is your horse.

c) If you can NOT find a horse described in part "b" look for POSITION 5 and 6 horses at the FIRST call against similar 1st c pace. They MUST show a POWER MOVE (passing MORE than 2 horses between calls) from the 1c-2c or 2c-sc to be considered for the win. They MUST show this. If you find this and a horse described in part "b" is not present THIS is your horse.

Straight from Jim's lips to this page man. Do NOT consider power moves made from the stretch call to the finish (sc-fin) as legit. Do NOT.

d) if you can NOT find either type of horse described in "b" and "c" PASS the race for now. Later on you will be shown what to consider when this happens but it is well beyond the scope of this thread ok?

There it is guys. What do you see?? Talk to me!
Old 05-26-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
RichieP
Grade 1

Whether you won or lost this race I will GUARANTEE everyone 2 things that will have come out of doing this IF you read carefully what Jim's feedback says :

1) YOUR "Mind's Eye" will be elevated to another level without you even realizing it.

2) You will ABSOLUTELY be working a race (s) within the next few weeks and whether it's before or after the fact you are going to suddenly "hear" your Mind's Eye telling you " Holy **** there is that same thing from the "Mind's Eye #4 thread".

Your hair might stand up a bit on your arms or some other weird feeling might come over you but it WILL happen. GUARANTEED

Ask me how I know

Last edited by RichieP; 03-03-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:57 AM   #5
RichieP
Grade 1

The Result

First off I cleaned up this thread deleting posts that were needed when doing the process but aren't now (mostly mine).

THIS race was exactly the same as the one Jim showed me the first time he exposed me to this Voodoo stuff. Scary

OK the FIRST time Jim explained the race to me I did NOT understand what he was telling me.

When I told him this he quietly told me "Ok now listen again and just LOOK at the pp's Rich while I am talking. Just LOOK and don't talk".

Here it is:

#2 - FIGHTS for the lead in a 22.0 - does NOT win

#4 - FIGHTS for the lead in a 21.4, a 22.0 and a 22.1 - does NOT win

#7 - Wins 3 races back against a 21.4 but it is from the 2nd position. LOOK at the pp's. When he is NOT 1st or 2nd he is dead and gives up. How can he get 1st or 2nd TODAY when there are TWO early FIGHTERS already identified?

Answer is he can NOT and he blends in with the earlies. LOOK at his pp's then LOOK at the #'s 2 and 4.

The FIGHTERS are gonna destroy each other,take the #7 with them and set the race up to be WON O.T.E.

Now they are taking up THREE positions at the FIRST call. WHO is sitting 4th in around a 22.0 that can pass horses?

#1 - runs against 24.0 first calls -slow horse - OUT
#2 -early - OUT
#4 - early - OUT
#5 - runs early but against a 22.4 - OUT
#7 - positionally sucked into the earlies - OUT

#6 -
last race - trouble at the start
2 back - slop against a 24.0 passed horses 1c-sc
3 back - slop again
4 back - at todays distance - sits FOURTH at first call against a 22.1. BINGO

Now can he PASS horses when running from that position or further out because that is where he is gonna be TODAY?

Come down to the bottom line at todays distance. From 5th position he passed horses at 2 CONSECUTIVE calls in the race.LOOK.

OK starting him 4th today give him that bottom race gain of a position at each call. MERGE the TWO lines in YOUR "Mind's Eye"

So against a 22.1 he now runs POSITIONALLY a 4-3-2 from 1c-2c-sc

While everyone else is killing one another off in a FIGHT the #6 is the ONLY true contender for the WIN passing horses from the perfect 4th POSITION at the FIRST call. LOOK

There is my horse.

Now LOOK at the result chart.

THIS is the "Voodoo Mind's Eye"
THIS will start becoming YOUR "Voodoo Mind's Eye"

THIS is Jim "The Hat" Bradshaw's Matchup
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2008, 10:49 AM   #6
RichieP
Grade 1

"Rich before I open the Form I get my mind QUIET by meditating for a minute or 2" - Jim Bradshaw

Trust me on this. Follow EXACTLY the steps shown below in the ORDER they are shown. Do this FIVE times within the next 24 hours EACH time making sure that your surroundings are COMPLETELY QUIET and SERENE.

1) LOOK at what was written about 2,4,7. Then LOOK at their pp's

2) LOOK at #6's 1c pace of race and position from 4 races back. Put him 4th at 1c

3) LOOK at his bottom race now and visualize him passing horses in that race.

4) Picture TODAYS race now. 3 earlies FIGHTING. The #6 starts 4th. Now bring the visualization from the bottom line on #6 in your head.

"Rich before I open the Form I get my mind QUIET by meditating for a minute or 2" - Jim Bradshaw

Last edited by RichieP; 03-03-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:57 PM   #7
RichieP
Grade 1

FOCUS on the pp's of these 3 horses.

2 FIGHTERS who do NOT win and a 3rd horse who needs to win from 1st or 2nd position and can't get it because of the presence of the fighters.

Find them at the FIRST CALL.

That's it
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2008, 09:10 AM   #8
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
Rich, the way these last several threads have progressed amazes me! This has quickly evolved into individualized instruction at a very high level. but man, you blew my mind with this race...
Pete

The SOLE purpose of this thread and SPECIFIC race was to EXPOSE developing matchers "Mind's Eye" to the "Voodoo Process" described in post #42 and the realities shown in post #54.

Remember "flash cards" in school? Where we saw something real quick like then it was gone?

Exact same idea here Pete and the flash card analogy was Hat's description to me.

It then becomes simply a matter of PERSONAL choices where to continue with this:
1) Quit

2) Rely on the 5 step approach and "Matchup2" and a strict numbers based approach

3) Become VERY uncomfortable at first and work on the Mind's Eye
and it is all GOOD.

However I am ONLY dealing with folks in #3.

A) Read SLOWLY and in a QUIET place post #42
B) Go to post #54 and read what is written. Then look at the pp's there

** Most Important**
C) What you see in the body of post #46. Jim worked that race the FIRST time with me FIVE times each time speaking VERY softly (post #42). Pay CLOSE attention to the opening and closing sentences in post #46
Old 05-29-2008, 06:40 PM   #9
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj View Post
Richie,
This race shouldn't have been bet with chinese money, but curiosity kill the cat. Once I saw you post, two things jumped at me #9 and #10 coming off 5 days rest, and #1 making a tremendous move from 2c and stretch in a route race. Was the investment worth the risk? 13/1 on #1 was worth.
That was a great race for YOU as I know you bet the exactas paisan. Very good "mix" and the e came back very nice man! Good work

I hope folks understand that the whole Hat Check forum deals SPECIFICALLY with finding THE horse that is going to WIN the race. This was Jim's way and it is OUR way in THIS forum.

Having said that I have to acknowledge the GREAT exacta that Pino had because that is how HE bets. He plays to his STRENGTHS. Something for everyone to take notice of.

Bravo