Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 03-28-2008, 11:38 PM   #31
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post

They are the ONLY horses who have true "Power lines" in TODAYS MATCHUP against TODAYS race pace.

This is very good.

Bears multiple repeating. From this action verb, "PowerLines" are from TRUE contenders.

If a horse has shown he cannot run against todays projected pace, he has NO PowerLine.

Rich, you just keep bringin it.

VoodooFan
Old 03-29-2008, 02:31 AM   #32
MIKE1121
Grade 1

Stupid Question?

Richie, maybe this is a stupid question? When Matching should we begin matching Early vrs Early till the Earlys are gone ? then move on to Early vrs Presser? until they are gone ? then the surviver of these vrs Sustain?

Or do we just match horses in post position order regardless of their running style?Does it matter what order we do the matching ?

Mike.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:07 AM   #33
shoeless
Grade 1

Richie,Im working a race today at Tampa this horses paceline from last race is

22.1 45.1 57.3 111.2 which he led all the way

The only trouble is that in his pp's he has never accomplished this before.Would you use this race as the projected pace?It's the fastest time in the race.

I know your mind is on other things so no rush answering.Jeff
Old 03-30-2008, 11:03 AM   #34
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE1121 View Post
Richie, maybe this is a stupid question? When Matching should we begin matching Early vs Early till the Early's are gone ? then move on to Early vs Presser? until they are gone ? then the surviver of these vs Sustain?

Or do we just match horses in post position order regardless of their running style?Does it matter what order we do the matching ?
Mike.
Mike
Absolutely NOT a "stupid question". a GREAT question to the point where another thread will address it.

Look for the thread "The Hat Method"
Old 03-30-2008, 11:04 AM   #35
RichieP
Grade 1

Shoe,
Don't think I have forgotten you. We are going to do all your questions in a race ok? I'll need your help
Old 05-18-2008, 12:43 AM   #36
The Yank
Match Up Power

Is there an error here or have I missed something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
We have our projected pace
22.4 - 45.6 - 58.1

Hat's method:

Start with the 1 horse - last race collapsed against this proj pace. 2 back collapsed against pace 2 seconds slower than today. OUT

Go to the 2 horse - shows 1 race against todays pace,line 3. Horror show. OUT

Go to the 3 horse - Our "pace horse" so we know he's sharp. Come down and use line 8 from Meadowlands as Power Line.Wins from 2nd posisiton. IN

Match the 3 against the 4 now. 4 shows 3 lines against todays pace,lines 3,6,7, Couldn't compete in any (line 7 was just CHASING speed). OUT

Match the 3 against the 5 - Lines 3,4,5 against todays pace. Horror show. OUT.

Match the 3 against the 6.Lines 2 and 3 show runs against this pace where he collapsed. OUT

Match the 3 against the 7 - Lines 2 and 4 against todays pace. Line 4 is ok but he ran from 3rd position and we already have the 3 running and winning from 2nd position. The 3 is ahead of the 7 POSITIONALLY. 7 is OUT

Match the 3 against the 8 - Line 3 against faster pace than todays projected. Runs 3-2-2 positionally. Line 6 runs against a 21.4 - 44.4 - 110.2 and power moves 5-4-2. Now come down to line 9 the Meadowlands route. Has the LEAD at the first call in a 2 turn route in a 22.2. He is now FAST and WINS from the 1st position knocking the 3 horse out. IN

Match the 8 against the 9 - The 9 shows 1 race against the pace,line 2. Horror show and OUT.

The 8 is the horse to beat with the 3 as the "other horse".

THIS is how Jim taught me to work races with him ok? A horse by horse matchup NEVER focusing on only one paceline (using pieces of different fast races where the horse was competitive) and NEVER carrying a projected pace to the finish.

Jeff we will do another "live" race next week where we can project a pace from an on the lead horse.

Richie
The 3 horse's Meadowlands 8th race down - does not win from 2nd position. The 9th race down is a Monmouth win from the 2nd position, but at a considerably slower pace. If I'm correct, then the above rationale for throwing out the 7 horse in favor of the 3 horse is invalid.

Have I misunderstood something? I'm studying Match Up again in homage to the Hat's memory...

the Yank