Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 02-04-2008, 11:24 AM   #11
RichieP
Grade 1

Remainder of field and result
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #12
hdcper
AlwNW1X

Horses that fit prior to post

Richie,

I understand the concept and your examples display the process adequately, but posting some examples prior to post time is really the proof of the pudding.

Would appreciate you sharing some pre-posttime examples, to see just how effective this concept really is.

Hdcper

** Sorry man. Don't pick horses to validate anything I post. If you "understand the concept and my examples display the process adequately" then the ball is in your court to validate and/or toss as you see fit.
1) is it track specific?
2) is it distance structure specific?
3) is it totally without merit?
4) is it a usable tool for me to look for?

All these and other questions need to be answered by YOU. Otherwise it's the same old "do me something". I am NOT selling anything. Software,data files,books,newsletters,tutoring NOTHING.

So use it or lose it. Just don't hold your breath waiting for me to pick horses to "prove" something ok? *** - RichieP

Last edited by RichieP; 02-04-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:23 PM   #13
don p
AlwNW2X

to hdcper.....i support richie p's response,i just would like to know though why you need it before the race? are you doubting the methodology or are you looking for a ''TIP'', if you follow what he is showing us ,you will know before the race. i have been using "the matchup" since 1991, it works when i work at it! understanding the concept is most important and richiep is giving it to you....listen up!
Old 02-04-2008, 02:51 PM   #14
emilio840
Grade 1

Hi Richie. Did you play the 3rd race at Aqu yesteraday. That was a real bomb. I saw that he was the lone early. It was a difficult one to see. He did the first fraction in 22.2 and the first call in 45.1 BUT THIS LINE WAS FROM A ROUTE RACE and this race was a sprint. When I saw this, I knew no one could have caught him or even be close at the top of the stretch because horses like that can set slow fractions. (I remember the Hat saying that if a horse has a nice clear lead. A horse with a good final fraction will not beat these types of horses.

emilio
Old 02-04-2008, 05:21 PM   #15
hdcper
AlwNW1X

Just seems to me, an idea tested and developed on races that have already ran, requires validation of its effectiveness and success in future races prior to knowing the outcome. And displaying said testing, requires no more time than finding a past race that supports your ideas.

Sorry if I stepped on anyone toes, but personally I see no reason for Don P's sarcastic remarks and believe me Don, I certainly don't need your or anyone else to give me a "TIP"!!!

Anyway Richie, thanks for sharing the idea, and as you suggested I will do some validation on my own.

Bill
Old 02-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #16
gl45
Grade 1

watch out for the "lupara"

For those who don't read Mario Puzo, or have no Sicilian roots, a Lupara is the Sicilian weapon of choice for vendettas(Sicilian word),defense.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:58 PM   #17
MIKE1121
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdcper View Post
Just seems to me, an idea tested and developed on races that have already ran, requires validation of its effectiveness and success in future races prior to knowing the outcome. And displaying said testing, requires no more time than finding a past race that supports your ideas.

Sorry if I stepped on anyone toes, but personally I see no reason for Don P's sarcastic remarks and believe me Don, I certainly don't need your or anyone else to give me a "TIP"!!!

Anyway Richie, thanks for sharing the idea, and as you suggested I will do some validation on my own.

Bill

The Problem with doing live races is that if that race doesn't produce the winner it will recieve the " it doesn't work" statement. Even doing several live races may not provide you with the answers you are looking for. It could take several HUNDRED live races to validate a method.

If someone really needs the LIVE handicapping experience they need to sit down at the track with their instructor for several weeks , maybe months to validate anything.

The most important thing is to learn what you can here and incorporate it into YOUR own PERSONAL method, which may be a little different from what you read what someone else is doing. Their is no way I ever will do the matchup like HAT or Richie, becouse my thinking processes are different from theirs, but I can make it my own unique method which may be successful for me.

Mike.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:28 PM   #18
RichieP
Grade 1

The man who's name is on this area is not happy with what he is reading here and in a couple of other threads. This is not directed at any 1 person believe me ok?

Now the following needs to be said:
Jim has asked me to relate my learning of concepts from him here in this forum.I have been as brutally honest as I can relating both the ups,downs and everything else associated with learning something new.

Everything I have posted here in this forum is a "Hat concept" learned from him through one on one teaching over the past 18 months or so. EVERYTHING.

I have added NONE of my own stuff to his teachings outside of individual race examples that I feel show what he was teaching me.

EVERYTHING I have passed along here:
Fighters
Early/other than early
Spot Plays
Lone Earlies (includes both speed of speed early and the absolute lone early here in THIS thread)
Fastest pace last race
Tandems and when they reverse
Power moves
Power lines
1st call
matching earlies at the 1st call
using whole pp's to evaluate instead of adjusting pacelines

have ALL been shown here EXACTLY as he related them to me.

What is left for us as individual "matchers" is to
a) interpret
b) apply
c) evaluate
the techniques and concepts he calls "The Matchup". This certainly includes myself man.

No 2 people are going to have the same results using these ideas/concepts. What is a money making area for Don or Joe might be a losing prop for me and vice versa. It is supposed to be this way. It's a conceptual methodology and NOT a systematic one.

Jim never charged me a fee for teaching me wanting instead someone to pass on some of what he does to future generations of serious minded players. That is what you are seeing here in HIS forum.

Are folks being helped?

I KNOW the answer to be yes from both posts here and private messages shared with Jim. The overall winner of most money in the recently concluded contest threw a shout our way "down here in Hat Check land" and credited some techniques learned here with helping him.

The most fulfilling note came privately from the other gentleman who swept the day 2 BOTH prizes in an awesome display of winners and PRICE. That note I called Jim and relayed it to and let's leave it at this: It made ALL of what we do here worthwhile and then some. Coming from a very humble/quiet man it humbled me. I am serious.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jim "The Hat" Bradshaw's Matchup is over 90% MENTAL preparation/focus and less that 10% "technique".

So here is to "Good matching"

Take care,
Richie
Old 02-04-2008, 06:37 PM   #19
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE1121 View Post

The most important thing is to learn what you can here and incorporate it into YOUR own PERSONAL method, which may be a little different from what you read what someone else is doing. Their is no way I ever will do the matchup like HAT or Richie, becouse my thinking processes are different from theirs, but I can make it my own unique method which may be successful for me.

Mike.
Bingo!
Mike honest to goodness there is no way I will EVER match like the Hat either man.

Having said that we CAN pick up on key concepts of his and use them to help us as individuals looking at races.

Also a LOT of what he teaches will not be seen by databases/computers in years to come which is a good thing I.M.H.O.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:02 AM   #20
mufasa
Grade 1

The Hat and with his guidance Richie offer for free a methodology that will take you to the winners window when properly applied. This is a learning area for the Match Up where we get a chance to go over some of the nuts and bolts of this methodology with input from the master and his most devoted student as needed or introduced. This is all free to anyone in this internet world to use or not at their pleasure.

Those of us who believe by way of past successful experience know that there is gold in the ideas being offered here but it is up to us to learn how to incorporate them successfully in our day-to-day handicapping attempts.

As always thanks Jim and Rich for your gracious offer. I am most happy to say that my early lunch today at work will include the NY Giants ticker tape parade. Now that was a most glorious winning longshot.

Robert