Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 07-22-2017, 09:49 PM   #31
Dorianmode
always learning

In my world PTO is Paid Time Off.

Just curious if any of you math geniuses have ever thought about constructing a "quality" metric, in the sense of what objective advantage (for example) a 2 horse dutched selection has over the rest of the field, or the next three (or all) of your rated runners ? I'm trying out a few ideas. For example today (7/22) at Woodbine, in the 4th race, my "Quality Metric" had the # 6 with a higher than normal advantage over the next three, (my 5 total contenders). If this sounds like something anyone has worked on, I'd be interested in any ideas you have.
Dorianmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:09 AM   #32
Mitch44
Grade 1

Just saw this post Mick and some how missed it. Your payout study basically mirrors a study done many years back by Burton Fabricand and published in1965.

What his statistical study found was that horses win according to their odds, or in other words the greater the odds the fewer the frequency of win. Booking tables were developed based on the percentages of wins and still hold up today.

I believe lumping them all together is a fools errand. Essentially if one wants to know about the unknown than study the unknown.

Mitch 44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote