Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS - 'Learn to Win' *TEACHING & Examples > 2012 RDSS Learn to Win Contests > Contest Admin Stuff
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Contest Admin Stuff Overall Contest Administration Posts

Old 06-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
Bill V.
The egg man

Thumbs up July Contest Announcement

July RDSS LEARN TO WIN CONTEST

The July contest starts this Sunday Its a new start, and a new opportunity to win and learn. I hope many more RDSS users take the time and effort to participate The July contest will be run as before, and the same rules apply, with some exceptions noted below.
Ted and I have come up with some new ideas for the July contest:

1. There will be 3 ‘bonus races' and participation in these races is encouraged. I will be picking a race 3 times in the month,
typically on a Saturday or Sunday, perhaps a major Stakes race, likely with at least 9 or 10 runners. Ted will provide a FREE RDSS Card for that race. You are not obligated to do this race as part of your 20 race cycle, however if you do work the race and post your selections in accordance with the regular contest rules, and you win the race you will get 1.5 times normal mutuel payout. The purpose of this is to provide a few common races to discuss in more depth.

2. Once you hit your 20 race cycle you can either complete your Contest participation for the month - or you can
keep on posting more races. Your bankroll and net score will be calculated based on your most recent 20 races.

3. I will continue with a daily update summary, plus each week I will attach the actual score board Excel spread sheet so you can review your selections with the mutuel prices calculated. I suggest you focus on your own 20 race work sheet. This will be a big help as positive visualization is a key tool in your development as a user of the Sartin Methodology.

4. Throughout the month Ted and I will be choosing a
few players’ winning races to do a TeamViewer video collaboration with that person, demonstrating an in depth review of that person’s analysis and wager decision process.

5. We are anticipating an expanded Prize Fund this month!

Bill

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-27-2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: formatting
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
noddub62
Budman

July contest

Bill & Ted,

For the July contest what would you think about limiting the entries to win only. It seems that the place wins really skew the win percentage. I know that in my case the percentage increased by 20+% just by betting W&P. In the real world, real time, betting place to backup a win bet if odds justify makes great sense but for the contest I'm not sure. Anyway that was just a thought and thanks for a fun contest.

Bud
noddub62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
Bill V.
The egg man

Bud

Hi Budman

My feeling is that to have win only and eliminate the place bet is not a good thing
I myself use the place bet as a tool.
Just like betting two horses to win probably is not the best method
It is the cornerstone of the methodology and as hard as I try Even after nearly 15 years now I never have been able to bet 1 horse with any confidence
That said another cornerstone of the methodology that is less popular is
The power of place and Doc's money management helping tool of
never bet in such a way were you fall too far behind
A win place bet on a 20/1 horse can pay very well
A place bet in a race with a strong win contender can pay well
As Doc wrote : We are not taking only about winners place prices
We mean horses who have all the characteristics of a winner but just happen to place.

I think Boe777's race here is a great example of the power of place
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=26
The bet was $100 to place on the 9. The 9 placed and he won $350.00
Just my opinions Lets see what Ted and any other members feel
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
noddub62
Budman

July contest

Hi Bill,

No problem with the contest as outlined. I just had a random idea float thru and thought it might be worth exploring.

Have a great day,

Budman
noddub62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #5
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

I too like the win/place format, as some horses are high enough odds to make the place bet the actual play, including a horse with seconditis.

Just my thought.

patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Here is a great example of 2nd itis horse 7 starts- 4 2nds
Attached Images

pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote