Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 01-31-2021, 05:23 PM   #1
Kisha
AlwNW3X

HOU and TAM 1/31 Handicapping Help

Hi,

I've stopped for the day as I didn't win. Maybe I should feel good that some of my picks finished itm, but I am just placing 2 win bets.

Here is what happened
TAM
R1 6,7 Results 4-5-2-7
R2 2,3 Results 1-5-4-6
R4 6,10 Results 4-2-6-1
R7 5,6 Results 10-6-3-4
What is suggested when the Top BL is < 5-2? I've passed on placing a win bet. It appears I should do something else. Bet even at lower odds On the BL, the #9 showed up as an overlay and the 1 an underlay. The underlay says not bet on the 1, but the 1s say to bet. Would you bet on the 1? I looked at pacelines. In this race, the 4th pacelines for 4 looked better, but not by much. What's ironic is I still would not have bet the 4 because it was an underlay.

R9 3,10
I bet the 3 because it was Top following 4 Factor. I bet the 10 as the 2nd on the BL. I should've passed because 1's were listed for more than 4 horses and My top contender was < 5-2.

HOU
R1 2,8 Results1-8-6-2
R4 1,6 Results 2-4-6-3
Of course, I Bet the 6 instead of the 2 because of the higher odds. Does the 4-Factor take priority over BL? The NCs #4 and #5 made me wonder. The 4 was a high overlay and the 5 looked like a contender that I might've missed.

Kisha (her, she )
Attached Images

Kisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 05:44 PM   #2
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Kisha. It appears you may be falling into betting the top 2 program picks that Doc always warned against. I keep win/place models for each track I play by surface and dist including the range of % med that winning and place horses must fall into. On the bl/bl I model the 7 primary factors plus VDC. I know which factor[s] produce the most top 2 ranks. So lets say for example that at Tampa 8.2 f the dominating factors were turn time
and hidden energy and the top horse ranked badly in both and its % med was at the top of the established range. I tend to down grade this runner and check the remaining contenders. Remember the horses you bet are YOUR top 2 choices not the programs'.
Tim
Old 01-31-2021, 06:50 PM   #3
Mitch44
Grade 1

Hi Kisha,

Just looking at the 3 screen shot you put up and appears to me you have solved your 2 big problems of getting the correct contenders and your picking the correct pace lines.

Your problem now is interpretation of readouts to select the two best horses. You should record the data for the winner and place horse from the analysis screen and RX3 screen. After acquiring some data you'll be able to answer some of your own questions. For now I would say get the winner forget about what they pay, get the best horse. Payoffs all spring from winners regardless of what they pay.

Does the 4-Factor take priority over BL? Some may disagree w/ me but I would say no. The CSR is a composite of its last 4 races and can be a deceptive readout if not put into context. I.e. they could all be from sprint races and today is a route or only one from a sprint will distort the readouts. Within RDSS they are not put into context and blindly take the last 4 races. That SR taken from a sprint will distort the CSR and its not the same has earning it in a route race. Ditto for pace lines whereas the program only looks at the last 3 lines, if one is at the wrong distance or surface than you should consider the 4th line.

I would recommend you use the V/DC factor over the CSR for readout interpretation, its also slightly better than the BLBL.(a few more winners) Its the best readout Sartin ever came up with. Most don't understand it so they ignore it. I would look at CSR more like a contender tool. A SR is based only on final time, V/DC is based on multiple increments of pace and deceleration within those segments. A much more complex Factor.

7Th Tam the readouts say the best horse is the 10 which won. The 5 was a poor bet because he is a sprinter stretching out and the readouts say he can't. His ESP is E and he has an E6 which says very fast early. He is last in LPR and HE which also says unlikely to stretch out. 10 & 6 are bets.

9th Tam bet should have been the 10 & 7. No mistake here because the 11 won. The 11 was a noncontender, there are upsets and nothing is 100% You'll have the contenders in the top 5 around 90 % this was one of those exceptions.

4th Hou The 1 is a bet, than we have a tie in V/DC with the # 2 & 6 The # 2 is best on the Primary Line score and the Supp. line score. The 2 also has a better LPR,HE etc. the 6 is all early and nothing late or gutted. The 2 may have less Tot. Energy but he runs more efficient. It's not how fast they are but its how they run fast.

There are other ways of separating ties in V/DC on other screens, I'm just using the ones you posted. Big improvement girl, keep up the good work.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 01-31-2021 at 06:57 PM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote